Which mike and joining with effects

Obito09

1 - Which Hand Held Condenser Mic will you recommend for use with iRig Pro I/O. I was looking at the Shure Beta 87A and the salesman dissuaded me from buying it as it was hyper sensitive for use in a non studio environment or live stage performance. I am leaning towards a Rode Hand held condenser mic. Pity I cannot test run these on Smule with my iRig Pro before purchasing

2 - Joining Invites on Smule has become a nightmare. Every invite uses a different Smule FX with members choosing all sots of crazy settings. Initially I reset my reverbĀ settings to 70/30. But when I join some one who has used 30/25 setting the final output is a mess. What is the best way to navigate this new complexity. Smule seems to recommend a Fx for every invite. Is it best to stay with it or should I be changing. In life when we have too many options it results in Confusion.

opentype
1 hour ago, Obito09 said:

1 - Which Hand Held Condenser Mic will you recommend for use with iRig Pro I/O.

Itā€™s a matter of personal taste. Every microphone has its own sound and since Smule has no built-in equalizer, you are stuck with the stock sound. So, itā€™s hard to give recommendations.Ā But you can check out our microphone section to see a few microphones that Smule singers use:
https://sing.salon/microphone-reviews/

Itā€™s certainly true that some mics can be very sensitive, so they might pick up street noise and every little movement of your hand on the microphone. A microphone stand is usually recommended and for studio condenser mics pretty much a requirement.

1 hour ago, Obito09 said:

What is the best way to navigate this new complexity.Ā 

Usually, I would recommend to keep the original effects or stay close to them. After all, itā€™s a collaboration. The effect represents a certain ā€œroomā€ people sing in. It would be weird to have two people sing in the same room, but sound as if they were in different rooms.Ā 

LouELVIS

That salesman lied to you ! i use a sure sm58 beta with the television on right next to me it's a miracle if it picks up any of it a condenser depending on the gain can pick up a fart a block away...lol I recommend the sm58 beta due to its strength clean vocal quality make but be prepared to spend a hundred and sixty or more for a microphone that will Out last you if you drop it no worries it has a titanium headĀ  built like a tank and has zero handling noise the sm58 and now the improved sm58 beta is an industry standard and used by vocalists around the world once you try it you'll buy it I did.Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  hope this helps happy singingšŸ™‚

Edited by LouELVIS
Typo

LouELVIS

I agree one is a condenser one is a supercardiroid dynamic. If you want to pick up everything in the room sm87 is the way to go if you don't want everything in the room then the Shure 58 beta is the way to go

LouELVIS

Myself I prefer the Shure sm86 on male vocals but if you must have a studio mic I would have chosen the shure ksm32. Instead of my RODE nt-1a. Still the number one vocal mic with Studios on a budget

• 2 weeks later...
Isa_Bella

hi @opentypeĀ  personally what microphone do you recommend.. price is not an issue...Ā  thanksĀ  Ā I want a solid clear voice..

Lou ELVIS

I go with the sm58 beta its what I sing on and i have a RODE NT-1A. Collecting dust....šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ hope this helps happy singing

x183BETA58A-F.jpg.cf~3.jpg

Lou ELVIS

It's. A heavy duty mic has a titanium head the sm58 beta has been modified the lumbago coil has been removed this has improved the clarity that the sm58 was not known for without a lot of EQ or if your Sennheiser fan then the e965. Try a many mics you can be prepared to spend the day in the music shopšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• 2 weeks later...
Isa_Bella
On 10/21/2021 at 7:54 PM, Obito09 said:

1 - Which Hand Held Condenser Mic will you recommend for use with iRig Pro I/O. I was looking at the Shure Beta 87A and the salesman dissuaded me from buying it as it was hyper sensitive for use in a non studio environment or live stage performance. I am leaning towards a Rode Hand held condenser mic. Pity I cannot test run these on Smule with my iRig Pro before purchasing

2 - Joining Invites on Smule has become a nightmare. Every invite uses a different Smule FX with members choosing all sots of crazy settings. Initially I reset my reverbĀ settings to 70/30. But when I join some one who has used 30/25 setting the final output is a mess. What is the best way to navigate this new complexity. Smule seems to recommend a Fx for every invite. Is it best to stay with it or should I be changing. In life when we have too many options it results in Confusion.

Just make your own style... more convenient

Lou ELVIS

Since you are a female I would look for a microphone that is within the female vocal range I would check out YouTube for female vocalist and what they use it doesn't always have to be a condenser iRig will work on dynamic microphones also these will pick up less noise around you just remember the two main things with Dynamic microphone you want a microphone with minimal to know handling noise and don't skimp on the microphone cable I use Mogami gold microphone cable It have a lifetime guarantee it's a little pricey but it's worth it

elyssia

I am currently using Shure Beta 58A. Seems to work well for low pitch but a bit shaky for high pitch. Or maybe because my high pitch is not very stable most of the time šŸ¤£