Being unfollowed on Smule

Rogerlococo2020

women on smule mostly they are married thats why they are very senstive about "interacting" with guys on the smule, they just want to sing nomatter its solo or join witrh others ocs, they don't really want to talk with anybody especially guys,and they don't expect you to say thank you when they joined your oc, like me I'm a man with over 110k followers and always have a bunch of joiners (each song usually have over hundred joiners ) I do not say thank you to everyone cuz that would be a too difficult job to do when you have hundred of joiners, I only say thank you to some quite a few very certain people who can really sing, you can hardly pick one who can really sing even you have hundred of joiners 

A guest
3 hours ago, Rogerlococo2020 said:

women on smule mostly they are married thats why they are very senstive about "interacting" with guys on the smule, they just want to sing nomatter its solo or join witrh others ocs, they don't really want to talk with anybody especially guys,and they don't expect you to say thank you when they joined your oc, like me I'm a man with over 110k followers and always have a bunch of joiners (each song usually have over hundred joiners ) I do not say thank you to everyone cuz that would be a too difficult job to do when you have hundred of joiners, I only say thank you to some quite a few very certain people who can really sing, you can hardly pick one who can really sing even you have hundred of joiners 

I see what you mean, i myself don't interact much if it's not about the song. They can choose to not comment if they don't want an interaction but at least they can listen to joins, like, gift, without ignoring joins. I think it's more polite. 

• like 3

A guest
9 hours ago, Rogerlococo2020 said:

Most women they don't think smule is a social media. They just want to sing. Which means they don't really want to talk with anybody on the smule. Especially there are a lot of guys taking smule as some of a dating site if you know what I mean

There are many women who put "no dms" on their profile, which is they don't want to receive messages, but interacting in messages and just thanking someone who joined you is very different. Here we're just talking about showing respect to people who join you. And also, not everyone want to comment but they can still listen to joins, like, gift, and show appreciation.

• like 4

RockMeSlowly
On 11/3/2021 at 1:12 PM, A guest said:

No one is obligated, and i do enjoy singing on the app, but of course people want some kind of connection, or interaction or an acknowledgement when they sing on the app. Otherwise it will just feel like you're singing with a bot. And i could just sing with the artist of the song if i didn't want people to listen to my joins, they mostly sing their own songs better anyways. For me listening to joins is just a sign of respect, people are taking the time to join you. OC's are invitations to sing, when you invite someone on a party for example they can choose to come or not, and if they come you wont refuse to engage with them otherwise why invite them? Same here if you invite someone to sing with you why wont you listen to it? Otherwise why not close your invitations, no one will bother you that way. 

Thank you messages are not insincere. You can choose to not comment nothing wrong with that but some people just want to thank the people that took their time to join them or just want to compliment them on their singing if they liked it. 

This is spot-on. Everyone is welcome to open a private OC if they want to limit their interactions.  You're right; who wants to sing with a bot?

If someone is putting effort into something you created,  I think there's absolutely have an obligation to respond to it. 

I really don't see the point of opening a song and then ignoring the joins. 

• like 5

RockMeSlowly
4 hours ago, Rogerlococo2020 said:

I agree that many women on Smule are home with kids and using Smule to retain their sense of self and feel validated for something beyond "mom & wife".

I've become friendly with a few and I feel for them. They're trapped in a situation where they love their kids, but also really miss that basic human need to feel special. Many got married young and are trying to cope with being very different from their partners.  

Out of curiosity, (I don't mean this as a judgement) what pleasure are you deriving from having that many followers and joins? Like, why is the quantity of people fun? 

I ask because understanding different perspectives helps me become a better friend.

I'm the extreme opposite; when I join someone, it's because I think they're special. It's always personal and not responding generally means I'll never sing with them again. For my own opens, I prefer a more manageable amount of joins & followers so I can get to everyone.  I also open a limited amount of songs for the same reason. My list is rarely empty, but rarely more than 3-5 open songs at a time. 

• like 2

sdr
35 minutes ago, RockMeSlowly said:

It's always personal and not responding generally means I'll never sing with them again. For my own opens, I prefer a more manageable amount of joins & followers so I can get to everyone.  I also open a limited amount of songs for the same reason. My list is rarely empty, but rarely more than 3-5 open songs at a time. 

I totally agree with this part of your message. 

People with huge number of followers and hundreds of join on each invite will have different set of issues to deal with. No clue 😁

• like 2

A guest
2 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

This is spot-on. Everyone is welcome to open a private OC if they want to limit their interactions.  You're right; who wants to sing with a bot?

Exactly 

If someone is putting effort into something you created,  I think there's absolutely have an obligation to respond to it. 

I see it as common sense more than obligation, but yeah people take their time of the day to join, why not show some appreciation. 

I really don't see the point of opening a song and then ignoring the joins. 

I also still don't see the point. 

• like 3

_RamKrish1012
15 hours ago, sdr said:

There are several benefits.

You heard your own joining and hopefully you liked it 😁

By removing an inactive recording, your profile becomes cleaner. You can more easily see recordings you made with others and listen again to them.

If more people delete their inactive recordings the original opener will take note and will be more polite the next and not ignore listening to joins.

Smule will save enormous amount of storage space. They might use their resources for improving the app rather than run about for more storage .

WE are all at liberty to do what we want. We can delete a few songs or delete the Lot and even delete the membership and it will not bother other members on Smule One Bit. Anyway  I don't see the logic in Continuing this discussion. Cheers

TheMajesticM
On 11/8/2021 at 11:42 PM, Rogerlococo2020 said:

Most women they don't think smule is a social media. They just want to sing. Which means they don't really want to talk with anybody on the smule. Especially there are a lot of guys taking smule as some of a dating site if you know what I mean

Most of the women I have spoken with prefer not to interact with men in private chats, with the exception of song-related chats such as invites. Public comments are acceptable. That’s social enough to make everyone comfortable.

Smule should follow TikToks lead. They have private chat opened only for users who follow each other. You reading this, Smule? I think so … 😂

_RamKrish1012
On 11/12/2021 at 1:24 AM, TheMajesticM said:

Smule should follow TikToks lead. They have private chat opened only for users who follow each other. You reading this, Smule? I think so … 😂

You Ought to be Kidding if you believe Smule developers are listening to any thing

We all have Followers and singers we Follow. Like you suggested I want my invites to go not to all my followers but only to "Followers I Follow", as there is mutual recognition and acceptance. Zen Desk Told me that was a Brilliant Idea and they would pass it on to developers. Nothing ever happened.

I have asked them so many times to reverse the Book marked list so the one that expires first is Right at the Top. Even a school kid learning database management can do this in a Giffy Not Smule though

With this new Profile Page after joining an invite, Try deleting book marked invite when you are finished, the remove book mark appears all over the place and I have no clue which book mark it is going to delete from my i pad

TheMajesticM

@_Ram Krish 1012

I think you’re right about Smule not listening but I certainly think they read the feedback. They’re too curious not to …  👀👃🏼 I also think the powers that be are going to do what they choose regardless of the feedback. All the feedback they don’t agree with just makes them mad. I go with the flow on this app. To me … it’s just an app. 

TheMajesticM
On 11/12/2021 at 10:05 PM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Like you suggested I want my invites to go not to all my followers

I don’t mind my invites going to everyone. If not use the privacy feature where you can send your invites to the followers you choose.

It would be nice to have more control over the chat. Again I wish Smule would consider following TikTok's lead. Only allow the chat feature to people you follow and they follow back. 

_RamKrish1012
11 hours ago, TheMajesticM said:

I don’t mind my invites going to everyone. If not use the privacy feature where you can send your invites to the followers you choose.

Time Consuming Problem it is. For example if I follow 100 of My followers, I have to invite them one by one 25 at a time and that means four times. This Takes about 20 minutes. Plus when I send out invites I only see people I follow many of them do not follow me so one has to go by memory. I have asked Smule for a simple feature to highlight "members whom I follow and who also follow me".  Trust me as an Engineer the requests for chaNGES I am asking for, are kids stuff for Database managers.

Every second night when I log in there are new updates for Smule . God knows what these updates are but never what Singers are looking for

Any way Life Goes on. Smule perhaps did not expect membership to explode last two years due to Pandemic and lockdowns with people stuck at home and feeling bored making them sing their Blues away

_RamKrish1012
11 hours ago, TheMajesticM said:

It would be nice to have more control over the chat. Again I wish Smule would consider following TikTok's lead. Only allow the chat feature to people you follow and they follow back. 

Fabulous Idea. May be ready in time for my  Grand Daughter to Sing

One Reason for Sluggishness in Smule enhancements is there is no major challenger to Smule at This point of time but there is work in the Pipeline and Smule will be dumped by Population in Asia Pacific and that will hurt Smule Badly and ten they will be chasing their tail playing catch up as opposed to being he leader

sdr
3 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

highlight "members whom I follow and who also follow me"

Instead they mark all people in your Following list with "Following". 😂 Showcasing their stupidity.

sdr
2 minutes ago, sdr said:

Instead they mark all people in your Following list with "Following". 😂 Showcasing their stupidity.

But I have stopped thinking about these problems and have moved forward. There is no point in sending them suggestions which I used to do in the beginning. Now I just sing and concentrate on that alone. Leaving smule to do whatever they want to do with their app.😁

• love it! 1

TheMajesticM
28 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Every second night when I log in there are new updates for Smule . God knows what these updates are but never what Singers are looking for

Speaking of those updates, I logged on to this site to ask if anyone knows why Smule chose to add another step to the override feature. If anyone can explain the purpose please do… Updates are good, if they are for improvement. I think the last update was unnecessary and wasteful in so many ways… The override feature is a good feature but don’t overcomplicate it, Smule 👀 It takes long enough to open or join a song as it is so try simplifying the process. You’re welcome 🙂

• like 1

_RamKrish1012
36 minutes ago, sdr said:

Absolutely. I know the my Followers whom I follow. But how to remember hundreds all the time

Need to figure out a way to Invite Followers I Follow and that would simplify things and eliminate joins that are a waste of time to listen to and respond other than being polite

sdr
17 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Need to figure out a way to Invite Followers I Follow and that would simplify things and eliminate joins that are a waste of time to listen to and respond other than being polite

Your public invites go to your followers. That is why they follow you in the first place. This is understandable. To only invite followers you follow goes against this convention and in my opinion is disregarding their interest in your singing. If you don't like some people joining you, stop listening to them. They will realize that they are not welcome and would delete the join, unfollow you or would avoid joining in future.

This is also the reason I advise deleting a join by the joiner.

• like 1

sdr
1 hour ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

I have asked Smule for a simple feature to highlight "members whom I follow and who also follow me". 

Perhaps this is something that Smule does on purpose. Smule seems to keep the number of followers increasing (and not decreasing) for everyone. If the information on  following back was available easily, almost everyone will trim their Followers list to include only the people who follow back. Making this info hard to get is smule's way of increasing followers.

This is probably the reason why they won't tell you when someone unfollows you. The immediate reaction will be to unfollow that person in return.😁

• like 1

Isa_Bella
On 10/21/2021 at 1:02 AM, A guest said:

I used to often join a person i follow on smule and like their songs, then he started following me (it was nice, but i joined and liked because i liked singing with that person, there are many people i follow that don't follow me back and it doesn't bother me). He joined one or two of my songs too, and liked some. I thought the enjoyment was on both sides until he unfollowed me. I'm really saddened and shocked by it. I thought we were connecting and I don't know if it's by accident or not, i don't think it is. I don't know if i have to ask the person about it or not, i think it's their right and i don't want to beg for a follow because that's not my intention, but i want to know why, especially when i didn't even care if they followed me or not at first, they chose to do it. This sabotaged my enjoyment singing with the person and i don't know if i want to stay connected or not anymore. Should i just let it be or ask the person about it? 

Ok... first you have to remember that we are here to ENJOY...we spend time and money to make ourselves happy.. Followers are come and go.. we don't know why they unfollowed us or why they followed us... maybe they like the type of songs we sung or maybe they realized your songs are not the type of songs they wanted to add to their Channel or maybe you don't acknowledged their Collab with you ...  Just ignore those kind of attitude coz it will ruin your day... If I were you just keep on singing with them or love their songs ... Enjoy and just be happy.. 

Isa_Bella
On 11/9/2021 at 9:46 PM, Rogerlococo2020 said:

Awwwwssss.....(you can hardly pick one who can really sings)  awwssss thunder to the bone... hahahahaha