Profile picture on smule, does it matter?

A guest

Does profile picture matter on smule? Does a profile picture with a person (the real you or a character) get you more joins than a profile picture with no person(trees for example). Silly question, but just wanted to know your thoughts. 

RockMeSlowly
On 10/16/2021 at 5:54 PM, Guests said:

Does profile picture matter on smule? Does a profile picture with a person (the real you or a character) get you more joins than a profile picture with no person(trees for example). Silly question, but just wanted to know your thoughts. 

I think the reality is that the more "real you" people get, the more of themselves they'll give to you. 

Do you use video, but just your profile page has no avatar or you mean no visuals at all?

A guest
46 minutes ago, RockMeSlowly said:

I think the reality is that the more "real you" people get, the more of themselves they'll give to you. 

Do you use video, but just your profile page has no avatar or you mean no visuals at all?

No, i don't use video. You're right, it makes sense that people who do video get more joins. There are also many people who don't care if you present your real self or not. There are times i do get many joins but it feels like i would get more if i had my real self out. But overall people join primarily for the voice i think.

RockMeSlowly
On 10/18/2021 at 2:48 PM, Guests said:

No, i don't use video. You're right, it makes sense that people who do video get more joins. There are also many people who don't care if you present your real self or not. There are times i do get many joins but it feels like i would get more if i had my real self out. But overall people join primarily for the voice i think.

If your voice is really good, you'll always get joins.  I think it's harder to be found without video. For instance, if I feel like singing something and want to join instead of open, I'll usually skip over the audio only opens. 

That said, I do have one favorite who I join all the time and she's audio only. 

A guest
37 minutes ago, RockMeSlowly said:

If your voice is really good, you'll always get joins.  I think it's harder to be found without video. For instance, if I feel like singing something and want to join instead of open, I'll usually skip over the audio only opens. 

That said, I do have one favorite who I join all the time and she's audio only. 

Good to know, thanks for your replies 😊

• like 1

SmoleMule

Well, you can put your real photos. Just be careful with what you are saying there, because you may offend someone and... He will start a hunting and even threatening on you. 

just... Be careful, man. 

A guest
13 hours ago, SmoleMule said:

Well, you can put your real photos. Just be careful with what you are saying there, because you may offend someone and... He will start a hunting and even threatening on you. 

just... Be careful, man. 

What the hell? People do this? 

• 2 weeks later...
Rogerlococo2020
On 10/21/2021 at 6:37 PM, A guest said:

What the hell? People do this? 

some people even get  death threats on smule, don't be surprised

and it doesn't matter if you use video or not cuz I never use video but I often have over hundred joiners of my each song, and I see a lot of people use videos and they also have pretty faces but they got zero joiners for the most of the time

Voice is the only matter on smule

Edited by Rogerlococo2020
  • like 1