Spam Artists on Smule

_RamKrish1012

Some one followed me two days ago and out of curiosity I checked the followers profile. Did not have a single recording tio the name but had 6K Plus Followers and was being Followed by 3K followers. So I reported the member and received tyhis response from Smule today.

"Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to report this!
After a review of the account you reported, it became clear that the actions of the user go against our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service.
We have moved forward with a permanent termination of the account.
Please let us know if we can assist with anything else.
Regards,"

For Once Smule has taken decisive Action and I am happy.

RockMeSlowly
9 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Some one followed me two days ago and out of curiosity I checked the followers profile. Did not have a single recording tio the name but had 6K Plus Followers and was being Followed by 3K followers. So I reported the member and received tyhis response from Smule today.

"Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to report this!
After a review of the account you reported, it became clear that the actions of the user go against our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service.
We have moved forward with a permanent termination of the account.
Please let us know if we can assist with anything else.
Regards,"

For Once Smule has taken decisive Action and I am happy.

The Smule customer service has suddenly gotten WAY better.  I don't know if they decided to bump up the support intentionally or if they happened to hire a rock star rep who's dealing with VIP tickets, but it's really refreshing.

_RamKrish1012
10 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

The Smule customer service has suddenly gotten WAY better.  I don't know if they decided to bump up the support intentionally or if they happened to hire a rock star rep who's dealing with VIP tickets, but it's really refreshing.

I think Smule Support aka zen desk must have copped a deluge of Complaints from VIP customers that the dept got a huge shake up from the Top Bosses

• 4 weeks later...
sdr
On 10/15/2021 at 6:06 PM, _RamKrish1012 said:

I think apart from the nuisance they generate for a minute, they are harmless to most people. They will remain in your followers list without ever again disturbing you. 

There is no point in reporting them either. Because it is very easy for Smule to find such accounts from their database. It only means that they probably do not mind keeping such accounts. And if they are VIPs why loose the money they pay every year?

The only curious thing about them is how these accounts have so many legitimate followers. My guess is that they were legitimate accounts before and with some agenda in mind they have deleted all their recordings. This  could be to hand that account to another person who is looking forward to such an account for easy reachability to followers. Or they could use that account to promote an OC to a large number of people among their followers. But these activities just do not harm anyone at all. That's my wild guess.😁

_RamKrish1012

I am sure there is more to this than meets the eye. Surely some one with 3k Followers following 6K people is nit there for there fun of it. They are probably harvesting Data of Members from Smule for an opposition perhaps