Microphone of the headset does not work IOS

fl3nd3r

Good morning,
I bought an Iphone 7 that I wanted to use for singing, but despite using 2 different lighting adapters, the microphone of the headset does not work, and my voice is captured by the phone.
Is anyone aware of a similar problem on Ios?
Thanks.

fl3nd3r
40 minutes ago, opentype said:

Se usi l'auricolare di Apple senza un adattatore, dovrebbe sicuramente funzionare. Buono sia il suono delle cuffie che il microfono. 

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MMTN2AM/A/earpods-with-lightning-connector

I have already bought 2 lighting adapters, I would not want to risk throwing away more money xD.
Do you think the un-original adapter could be the cause?

opentype
5 hours ago, fl3nd3r said:

Do you think the un-original adapter could be the cause?

That’s most likely. 

Maybe you can find a friend which has the original Apple headphones to try it. 

fl3nd3r
29 minutes ago, opentype said:

È molto probabile. 

Forse puoi trovare un amico che ha l'Apple originale per provarlo. 

in fact I was thinking about it: D,
Or someone here who had the same problem with an adapter

_RamKrish1012
9 hours ago, fl3nd3r said:

Good morning,
I bought an Iphone 7 that I wanted to use for singing, but despite using 2 different lighting adapters, the microphone of the headset does not work, and my voice is captured by the phone.
Is anyone aware of a similar problem on Ios?
Thanks.

What version of IoS is the Iphone 7 using ?

I ask because I saw this in then iPod specification that you sent

"Works with all devices that have a Lightning connector and support iOS 10 or later, including iPod touch, iPad, and iPhone.

Just a thought that i_Phone 7 may not be compatible with your new ear buds

fl3nd3r
12 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Quale versione di IoS utilizza l'Iphone 7?

Lo chiedo perché l'ho visto nelle specifiche dell'iPod che hai inviato

"Funziona con tutti i dispositivi che dispongono di un connettore Lightning e supportano iOS 10 o versioni successive , inclusi iPod touch, iPad e iPhone.

Solo un pensiero che i_Phone 7 potrebbe non essere compatibile con i tuoi nuovi auricolari

My earphones are old generation, the adapter is new and the phone is equipped with IOS 1.14.8

_RamKrish1012
2 hours ago, fl3nd3r said:

My earphones are old generation, the adapter is new and the phone is equipped with IOS 1.14.8

What if the iPhone is Ok and the adapters are also ok but the microphone of the headset is damaged ?.

Can you do an audio  recording your voice on your phone (without Smule) and check the recording to see if the built in mic works properly. The ear phones cable itself could be faulty

Again I am thinking aloud trying to figure out the where the fault is in your system

fl3nd3r
10 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Cosa succede se l'iPhone è OK e anche gli adattatori sono ok ma il microfono dell'auricolare è danneggiato?.

Puoi fare una registrazione audio della tua voce sul telefono (senza Smule) e controllare la registrazione per vedere se il microfono integrato funziona correttamente. Il cavo stesso degli auricolari potrebbe essere difettoso

Ancora una volta sto pensando ad alta voce cercando di capire dove si trova l'errore nel tuo sistema

Yes, I did it as a second attempt. It happens as for Smule, the audio is captured by the phone and not the headset. At this point I think it is necessary to buy a headset with lighting cable without an adapter, at the same time I am waiting here in case someone has had the same problem.
Thanks for your interest.

• like 1

_RamKrish1012
14 hours ago, fl3nd3r said:

Yes, I did it as a second attempt. It happens as for Smule, the audio is captured by the phone and not the headset. At this point I think it is necessary to buy a headset with lighting cable without an adapter, at the same time I am waiting here in case someone has had the same problem.
Thanks for your interest.

Why not borrow from a friend and test it first to be doubly sure. I wish I could lend you mine 🙂

fl3nd3r
14 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Perché non prendere in prestito da un amico e provarlo prima per essere doppiamente sicuro. Vorrei poterti prestare il mio 🙂

254 / 5000

Risultati della traduzione

You are very nice :). Anyway I asked where I bought the phone, and also according to their opinion the microphone would be if the original iphone already with lightning connection. ... I have 3 at home but with jack connection and I can't use them .. IOS policies ...

cl00bie

I originally bought one of those adapters for my iPhone 8, I could listen to music, but I could not use my phone.  It did not pick up the mic.  So I bought a lightning headset and it's worked just fine for me.  If you go on Amazon, you can ask questions and if you get a positive response and it doesn't work you can send it back (like I did with the adapters I bought). 

fl3nd3r
3 hours ago, cl00bie said:

I originally bought one of those adapters for my iPhone 8, I could listen to music, but I could not use my phone.  It did not pick up the mic.  So I bought a lightning headset and it's worked just fine for me.  If you go on Amazon, you can ask questions and if you get a positive response and it doesn't work you can send it back (like I did with the adapters I bought). 

Just today i was able to try out a lightning headset and it works perfectly like as you say. Thank you all for the support.

P.s.

On IOS Apple ... no comment .. :-!

• like 2

_RamKrish1012
10 hours ago, fl3nd3r said:

Just today i was able to try out a lightning headset and it works perfectly like as you say. Thank you all for the support.

👍👍👍

_RamKrish1012
7 hours ago, fl3nd3r said:

Today I bought an original Apple lightning adapter and the problem has been solved .. so it remains as feedback.

Glad to hear.. The lightning adapter you used earlier was not compatible or faulty perhaps.

Enjoy singing Buddy

• love it! 1