Playlist based upon searches and the ability to download songs to the device

montysahay

New feature request - 

Let's say I want to search for all the songs i have sung with say, user "xyz", i can do so by searching for "montysahay + xyz". 
The songs that show up in the the search result - I want to create a playlist so that i can hear them all. 

Why doesn't the app have playlist features or makes it easier to search for songs or collabs ? It should also allow a playlist to be downloaded for offline listenings - within the app itself if copyright is an issue - just the way netflix allows movies etc to be downloaded to the device within the app. This will reduce our reliance on a strong wifi/cellular signal and also decrease Smule's own streaming bandwidth cost. 

• like 1

DuetWithAlli

You can often download video performances from within the Smule app by using the option to share video. There is a utility here on Sing Salon that you can use to download audio only recordings, as well as videos that don’t have the share video button. Copy the link and put it in here to download:

https://sing.salon/smule-downloader/

As far as being able to listen to them in playlist form, I haven’t been able to do that. Hopefully someone with more technical skills will stop by and point you in the right direction.

Edited by DuetWithAlli
Additional info

• 2 weeks later...
RockMeSlowly
On 9/24/2021 at 6:40 PM, DuetWithAlli said:

You can often download video performances from within the Smule app by using the option to share video. There is a utility here on Sing Salon that you can use to download audio only recordings, as well as videos that don’t have the share video button. Copy the link and put it in here to download:

https://sing.salon/smule-downloader/

As far as being able to listen to them in playlist form, I haven’t been able to do that. Hopefully someone with more technical skills will stop by and point you in the right direction.

Where is the option to save video? Usually I have to use a 3rd party app or copy them from my cache if they're still there.

Edited by RockMeSlowly

DuetWithAlli

@RockMeSlowly Under the video, there are like, gift, comment, and arrow icons. If you hit the arrow, most videos have a red button that says “Share Video” which is meant for sharing to YouTube, but it will download the video to your device.

17C6BD78-A329-4AC8-90D2-59C87200C736.thumb.jpeg.832c0c46c92e1e1e8fdade030b0b5e2b.jpeg

Edited by DuetWithAlli
Tag

RockMeSlowly
57 minutes ago, DuetWithAlli said:

@RockMeSlowly Under the video, there are like, gift, comment, and arrow icons. If you hit the arrow, most videos have a red button that says “Share Video” which is meant for sharing to YouTube, but it will download the video to your device.

17C6BD78-A329-4AC8-90D2-59C87200C736.thumb.jpeg.832c0c46c92e1e1e8fdade030b0b5e2b.jpeg

That same button on mine literally says "YouTube" and it opens the YouTube app. 🙄

• confused 1

opentype

If available, I use the blue Facebook/YouTube button. That saves the full video to the device. 
If it’s not available I use the Sing.Salon downloader. 😉

IMG_0552.jpg

duojet24
4 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

That same button on mine literally says "YouTube" and it opens the YouTube app. 🙄

I think it's because we're Android users. I've also never been able to download the video directly to my phone. But the Sing Salon downloader is a thing of beauty! 😀

• like 1

RockMeSlowly
41 minutes ago, duojet24 said:

I think it's because we're Android users. I've also never been able to download the video directly to my phone. But the Sing Salon downloader is a thing of beauty! 😀

"Android" is the answer to half the tech questions on here. haha  In a pinch, the last three songs you played are stored in the Smule cache on your phone. 

duojet24
11 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

"Android" is the answer to half the tech questions on here. haha  In a pinch, the last three songs you played are stored in the Smule cache on your phone. 

Didn't know that! Good to know! 

shooting star GIF

• like 2

• 5 months later...
DuetWithAlli

Just coming back to this to say that with the newest update, I have the blue combo Facebook/YouTube button now. It still functions the same as the red YouTube button in that it saves the video directly to my device. And ditto using Sing Salon Downloader for songs that don’t have the button. 

Whatever version I’m running on my old iPad still has the red button. So maybe it depends on which version of the app you can run on your device, as well as which platform you're on.

sdr
On 9/24/2021 at 8:26 AM, montysahay said:

New feature request - 

Let's say I want to search for all the songs i have sung with say, user "xyz", i can do so by searching for "montysahay + xyz". 

You can just enter the two names separated by a space to search for songs both singers participated. You have the option to Show Recent in the resulting list. 

Start playing one of them and smule will play the rest of them in the order displayed which is similar to a temporary playlist. There is no specific option to make a permanent playlist. 

Of course you can download the songs  by using one of several apps available in the playstore and make a playlist on your phone with the downloaded songs.👍

realyquick
34 minutes ago, sdr said:

There is no specific option to make a permanent playlist. 

Wouldn't that be a nice feature to add - playlists that you can create and add collabs to - and such a simple one at that? Instead of messing around with stuff that's already working...

• like 1

Isa_Bella

Be a Sing Salon Supporter.. you have 50 downloads every week.. from there you can create your playlist..

• like 1

Aargo2017
9 hours ago, realyquick said:

Wouldn't that be a nice feature to add - playlists that you can create and add collabs to - and such a simple one at that? Instead of messing around with stuff that's already working...

There is a workaround . You can create a group and add all your collabs you want  in that group. In the group description mention that this is a personal folder. That will avoid people making request to be added in the group.

Edited by Aargo2017
to delete an unnecessary word.
  • like 1

realyquick
3 hours ago, Aargo2017 said:

There is a workaround . You can create a group and add all your collabs you want  in that group. In the group description mention that this is a personal folder. That will avoid people making request to be added in the group.

Thanks! That group feature is lame, it's just a bunch of collabs, but I think you've finally found a use for it😁 The older group feature was basically just a group chat.. but that chat utility is so dam slow and primitive, it's barely useable.

• haha 1