Anyone know a way to shut off the notifications on one particular recording?

Go to solution Solved by DuetWithAlli,

RockMeSlowly

Hey guys!  So, someone mumbled over one of my opens and now it's been getting tons of blind likes. 

Normally I wouldn't care, but it's lighting up my notifications like nuts.  

Is there anything I can do to mute the feedback on a single recording without deleting it? 

• Solution
DuetWithAlli

Ha I’ve actually asked Smule for this feature, because few things annoy me more than having my notifications blown up by nonsense. But as far as I know, it’s not possible to turn off the notifications for an individual recording. 

• confused 1

RockMeSlowly

That's nuts!  My push notifications have been buzzing all the freakin' day!

It was an actual person who opened it, but didn't really try and then a group of people blind liking.  I honestly don't understand what's happening. haha

opentype
5 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

I honestly don't understand what's happening. 

It’s what certain groups do. They share their songs among the group members and everyone likes and comments every performance, independent from whether it’s actually any good. It’s a ridiculous concept to give the impression that the songs are better than they really are and because of that, possibly reach more people. 

Not only is it a dishonest tactic, I can’t even see that it does any good. You only annoy the people who unwillingly get caught up in this game and they might block you and even delete these performances. 

• like 1

_RamKrish1012
9 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

I honestly don't understand what's happening.

I did get caught up in this crap "likingFiasco" a while ago. There was this song uploader and his bunch of side kicks men and women. I chose his upload and recorded an invite unknowingly. Say 25 people joined and 25 group members liked it and all week there was this constant hail storm of likes from Total strangers.

In the beginning not knowing what was happening I checked a few of the VIP members. So I got 625 likes and Thumbs up messages and a ton of free gifts from no where.

Then the Uploader asked me to join his Group and I said why not?. Once I joined I was told what the rules of the group were. Any group member sending an invite was to receive likes for each and every join from all members.

I quit the Group and unfollowed the head aches immediately.

So in your case heaps of people you don't know Joined you. and you are wondering why ?

The Only thing I can think of is You probably used a Song  Upload that is linked to a crazy group of people.

I may be wrong.

Suggest you check out the Song Uploader and see if he/she has groups and see if group members sent you their likes and free gifts

Cheers

Pinewood13A
23 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

Ha I’ve actually asked Smule for this feature, because few things annoy me more than having my notifications blown up by nonsense. But as far as I know, it’s not possible to turn off the notifications for an individual recording. 

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same issue but to me, to avoid the headache of getting too many notifications, I turned off some options in the Push notification in Setting.

• like 1

RockMeSlowly
15 hours ago, opentype said:

It’s what certain groups do. They share their songs among the group members and everyone likes and comments every performance, independent from whether it’s actually any good. It’s a ridiculous concept to give the impression that the songs are better than they really are and because of that, possibly reach more people. 

Not only is it a dishonest tactic, I can’t even see that it does any good. You only annoy the people who unwillingly get caught up in this game and they might block you and even delete these performances. 

Wow. It's absolutely nuts. The joiner in this case didn't even try; it wasn't even about whether they sounded good.or not.  They also did audio only.

I'd normally be flattered if someone likes a recording, but blind likes are just flies in my soup.

I was curious if perhaps it was a passive strategy Smule uses to boost people. 🤔

RockMeSlowly
12 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

I did get caught up in this crap "likingFiasco" a while ago. There was this song uploader and his bunch of side kicks men and women. I chose his upload and recorded an invite unknowingly. Say 25 people joined and 25 group members liked it and all week there was this constant hail storm of likes from Total strangers.

In the beginning not knowing what was happening I checked a few of the VIP members. So I got 625 likes and Thumbs up messages and a ton of free gifts from no where.

Then the Uploader asked me to join his Group and I said why not?. Once I joined I was told what the rules of the group were. Any group member sending an invite was to receive likes for each and every join from all members.

I quit the Group and unfollowed the head aches immediately.

So in your case heaps of people you don't know Joined you. and you are wondering why ?

The Only thing I can think of is You probably used a Song  Upload that is linked to a crazy group of people.

I may be wrong.

Suggest you check out the Song Uploader and see if he/she has groups and see if group members sent you their likes and free gifts

Cheers

It was actually one practically empty join that got a ton of attention. I agree that it probably came from someone in a group and then they did their thing.

I understand people professionally use paid followers all the time to create the impression they have fans (even new restaurants will sometimes hire people to make the place look busy), but Smule is just for fun and in some cases networking with artists.  Why is getting big hollow numbers on this app important to anyone?

I'm SO happy with my little group of people.  

• like 1

RockMeSlowly
1 hour ago, Pinewood13A said:

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same issue but to me, to avoid the headache of getting too many notifications, I turned off some options in the Push notification in Setting.

I think you are, but the idea being that some of us want to keep notifications on, but limited to legitimate things.  Across the board, too many BS notifications are tied to each category.

If you could mute notifications on specific songs (they already have this on group joins), it solves the problem.

• like 2

_RamKrish1012
11 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

It was actually one practically empty join that got a ton of attention. I agree that it probably came from someone in a group and then they did their thing.

All you need is one Joiner who belongs to a large Group with a few hundred members and the joined posts the duet to the group and then all the sheep in the groups will hit the like button without listening.

Guess what I did Joined an Invite from an imbecile who blindly wrote the same comment to joiners saying how fantastic the singing was. I joined the invite and did nit utter a word and uploaded it and praises started to follow and told him Opps something went wrong my voice did not get recorded may be you can hear me singing but I cannot 🙂

• like 1

DuetWithAlli
On 9/18/2021 at 3:27 PM, Pinewood13A said:

That is true, you can turn off the push notifications. However, all of the blind likes show up in your notifications when you open the app. I want to see people liking my ocs, joining my songs, and likes and comments from my duet partners. 

DuetWithAlli
On 9/18/2021 at 4:33 PM, RockMeSlowly said:

I think you are, but the idea being that some of us want to keep notifications on, but limited to legitimate things.  Across the board, too many BS notifications are tied to each category.

If you could mute notifications on specific songs (they already have this on group joins), it solves the problem.

Yes, absolutely. I have asked smule for this because I don’t have control over whether someone in a group joins and shares our collab. Although depending on my mood, I may ask in my bio “Please don’t share my collabs to groups, support chats, inbox. I will block.” But then I’m still counting on people to actually read and abide by it. 

Anyway, what I do is leave the recording, but block the user so they can’t join any more of my songs. 

• like 1