Is there a Better Alternative to Smule for Singing with Friends ?

_RamKrish1012

I have a large Whatsapp Group for my Smule Buddies and the question all of us are asking is if there is a better alternative to Smule so we can all pack up en mass and migrate.

Smule was a nice escape until a week ago, from Reality of Covid Lockdowns and fear of getting infected forcing people to stay at home. Today Smule itself has turned into a nightmare competing with Covid.

What a Shame. There are so many requests to improve features which Smule ignore and then dump this unsolicited new Look Smule without proper testing

_RamKrish1012
2 hours ago, Asbco said:

Do share if you find a better alternative! 🙏

Will do if and when I find one. It appears that there are a few very Popular Korean apps. Have to check them out as Language could be a problem

• 2 weeks later...
Aargo2017

I am on the lookout for an alternative Karaoke platform too where singers are judged on merit, get genuine and constructive feedback from from real good singers and have interesting music related discussions in  groups. Yes it is possible in Smule also but that will require manual effort and initiatives. If there is a platform which automatically facilitates these activities that would be great. As of now the closest alternative to Smule is Starmaker. But situation is far far worse there. Lots of fakes around there. And the people there seem to be more interested  in putting out TikTok type videos rather than singing. If you find a good alternative to Smule let me know.

• like 1

_RamKrish1012
On 9/15/2021 at 7:10 PM, Guest Asbco said:

Do share if you find a better alternative! 🙏

It appears that there are ten or more alternatives for Karoke Singing

https://cellularnews.com/mobile-apps/best-karaoke-app-that-are-totally-free-android-and-ios/

https://joyofandroid.com/best-karaoke-apps-android/

How on earth do we find out which one is better than Smule is the Question ?

Let me do some research to start with and short list say top four Kareoke Mob Phone Apps

_RamKrish1012
11 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

I’ve tried Yokee and Starmaker. Neither is any good, I’m afraid. 

Thanks I will rule hem out straightaway

LouELVIS

Singsnap was a awesome platform but when it comes to sound it falls way short 1 it offers far less EFFECTS then SMULE 2. The sound is low grade compared to SMULE when I tried to record with my I rig mic pre the music was ok but my vocals were dead and flat no fullness for recording from your phone nothing beats SMULE especially with the new added effects

Edited by LouELVIS
Typo