Reporting Spammers and Scammers to Smule Zen Desk

_RamKrish1012

From Time to Time, I notice some one not known to me a total stranger liking many songs of mine and starting to follow me. Cannot tell from the User ID if it is male or female and not VIP either as it is not a name at all.a Jumble of alphabets. When I check the odd bod's Profile I find the person is following over 5000 people and is being followed by 1000; but this member has never ever sung a song or joined any one' invite ever and had never invited any one. So Reported this to Smule Zen Desk and received the following reply That I thought I must share with every one :-

Hi there,
Thank you for reaching out to us, we appreciate you taking the time to report this!
Our main goal is to make Smule a safe and fun place for you and everyone else to enjoy.

As we understand how you feel, we can offer you to use the following tools to help you manage your interactions within our platform:

Block User: Go to their profile in the Smule app or on smule.com and click on the "..." menu, select the “Block” option. This option allows you to block a user from following you, leaving comments, tagging you, or joining your recordings.

Delete Comment : -  On an iOS device, swipe left on the comment, then tap the trashcan icon. If you're on Android, tap and hold on the comment to delete it.

Delete Performance:- Go into the performance, tap the “…” button and then select the Delete option. This option requires you to be the owner of the performance/join.

Please let us know if you have any more questions, and thanks for being part of Smule!

_RamKrish1012

My Response to Smule Zen Desk :-

Thank you for the response.

What I experienced is a different form of Harassment more like "HACKING"

From Time to Time, I notice someone not known to me, a total stranger liking many recordings of mine and starting to follow me. Cannot tell from the User ID if it is male or female and not VIP either as it is not a name at all. a Jumble of alphabets. When I check the odd bod's Profile I find the person is following over 5000 people and is being followed by 1000; but this member has never ever sang a single song or joined any one's invite ever and had never invited any one. So Reported this to Smule Zen Desk. These are spammers who help populate followers lists for Smule members for a Price. A lot of it coming out of Asia Pacific where people are hired and get paid to just follow thousands of members each and every day hoping a percentage will follow them back without checking. Next day you have been unfollowed and to go after their next round of Targets. There are a whole number of People who follow me and have never ever recorded a song.

What is Required is 

1 - An Option for a VIP member to Delete Followers who are not there for singing but other devious reasons.

2 - Secondly, why not create a facility, where when someone follows you, You have the right to verify the followers credentials as a genuine singer and have to approve the person to be your follower. I know there are people with huge egos who like to see 10K 20K 30K followers. They are at liberty to approve all followers. 

I'd like to purge Members who follow me who cannot sing and are not genuine

Please allow genuine VIP Subscribers singers to choose their Followers based on their Smule Credentials  linked to songs sung and Invites.

Also at this Point of Time, as a Smule member VIP or Not I can go to any one Profile at Random click on their songs and comment. This is the weak point allowing spammers to hit the like button for about 20 recordings without listening to any. One VIP Lady did this and I checked her Profile and she has 40K followers. Obviously, she has hired kids to follow thousands of members each and every day.

I wish I was a member of Smule Designers team to help sort out a Lot of Rubbish with VIP members finding loopholes to do wrong things only to boost their egos.. 

BLOCKING IS NOT THE ANSWER AS IT DOES ZILCH