New profile page. WTF?

_RamKrish1012
17 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

We kindly ask you to create a short video, showing what happens when you try to remove a bookmark, by using a screen-recorder app (your device might have an inbuilt one) and attach it as a reply to this email.As soon as you provide us with the requested information, we will be able to investigate further.Ā 

If Smule Software Zendesk and Developers cannot see what happens and needs Smule members to capture it on a video it suggests Help desk is run by autobots or goats may be even goats

Note that we are working on increasing the number of bookmarked songs.

How long does it take to change the software code increasing the number to more than the current limit. This just tells me they will not be doing anything. Just a Fob off

Furthermore, in regards to the new profile, we completely understand your frustration and that the recent changes are not to your liking. We can assure you all the implemented changes have been tested prior to releasing them to the public.

All Testing must be done by Autobots or Goats if they love the changes they have incorporated. Are these chaps who respond like this to Paying subscribers REAL ?

Our goal at Smule is to join people and make sure they enjoy their time together on the platform. This is precisely the reason we want to make sure the concerns of those communities are addressed, which is why we really value your feedback, as it does help us prioritize what we should be focusing on next.

Having that said, the new profile page is here to stay.

Wonderful Profile Page will Stay and Millions of Members will QUIT and leave SMULE

We're looking into ways to have it display information such as Play count, number of Loves, and comments for each recording. I can't confirm a timeframe of when this will be rolled out but stay tuned for updates. Also, each of your collabs will have a small clickable icon in their lower right-hand corner that displays how many people have joined it and when clicked on, will show the usernames of those who have joined. This is how you can differentiate between solos and collabs too.

BIG Whoop

Regards,
Smule Support Teamā€

Smule HELP Desk should be Called the SMULE WALL

Ā 

Ā 

• haha 1

_RamKrish1012
53 minutes ago, DuetWithAlli said:

@_Ram Krish 1012Ā Iā€™m going to come back to this again later, but that was great! Made me really lol šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

To be honest Goats are not as dumb as Smule Help Desk members. These chaos are more like Ostriches with their head buried in the !@#$

_RamKrish1012
8 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

We kindly ask you to create a short video, showing what happens when you try to remove a bookmark, by using a screen-recorder app (your device might have an inbuilt one) and attach it as a reply to this email.As soon as you provide us with the requested information, we will be able to investigate further.Ā 

I can appreciate why Smule Help Desk people are so HOPELESS & HELPLESS. Autobots, Goats and Ostriches do not own Mobile Phones to check and see what happens when you try to remove a Book Mark on Smule new version

opentype

To be honest Goats are not as dumb as Smule Help Desk members.Ā 

Just a friendly reminder that insults like that violate the Sing.Salon terms of service. While we are independent from Smule and criticism of Smule is allowed, all discussions here need to be respectful.Ā The goal of this site is to help Smule users. Itā€™s not a place to come to rant. Forum topics that violate these rules might get closed.Ā 

DuetWithAlli

It did make me lol a little bit that they claim the changes were thoroughly tested, yet there are so many things that donā€™t work properly. But honestly, the response of Smule support impressed me in this case. It was thorough and actually addressed the issues I brought up. I do plan to send the requested videos as soon as I have quiet time to figure out the screenshot app.

The way I interpret it is that from a business standpoint, Smule must be generating most of their revenue from advertising, coins, and other sources, and not from VIP subscriptions. So they donā€™t care if upset longtime VIP users leave the platform. This is what I suspected anyway.

The reason I get so fired up about this is that I actually loved Smule, and Iā€™m still a fan of it even now. I have done my best to roll with all the changes, and I will continue to do so. And I will be super happy if they are able to incorporate some of the user suggestions. But sadly, itā€™s just not worth it for me to keep a VIP subscription anymore.

KDFC

Completely changing the look and feel of a subscription-paid app is unheard of.

If the changes were excellent, that would be one thing. But the smule guys aren't exactly user interface experts. The new look is ugly, cluttered, confused. It's trying to copy other apps, when smule's users have been using the older interface for years.

Just see the recent reviews of smule on the App store - the majority of users are giving them that feedback. But the people who made all these changes happen are determined to make their horrible changes permanent. Every single smule user I know hates it.

The chat utility barely works. It's ridiculously slow, buggy as heck, and doesn't have basic features that chats on other comparable apps have. How about fixing that, instead of constantly fixing things that aren't broke?

It's almost as if the people who've been put in charge of making design decisions are deliberately trying to sabotage the app. Just take our subscription fees and stop breaking stuff that works!

• like 2

_RamKrish1012
On 9/27/2021 at 12:53 AM, opentype said:

Just a friendly reminder that insults like that violate the Sing.Salon terms of service. While we are independent from Smule and criticism of Smule is allowed, all discussions here need to be respectful.Ā The goal of this site is to help Smule users. Itā€™s not a place to come to rant. Forum topics that violate these rules might get closed.Ā 

OK Boss Point taken. Just very frustrating times Sorry for the Rant

Ā 

RockMeSlowly
On 9/26/2021 at 9:13 PM, DuetWithAlli said:

It did make me lol a little bit that they claim the changes were thoroughly tested, yet there are so many things that donā€™t work properly. But honestly, the response of Smule support impressed me in this case. It was thorough and actually addressed the issues I brought up. I do plan to send the requested videos as soon as I have quiet time to figure out the screenshot app.

The way I interpret it is that from a business standpoint, Smule must be generating most of their revenue from advertising, coins, and other sources, and not from VIP subscriptions. So they donā€™t care if upset longtime VIP users leave the platform. This is what I suspected anyway.

The reason I get so fired up about this is that I actually loved Smule, and Iā€™m still a fan of it even now. I have done my best to roll with all the changes, and I will continue to do so. And I will be super happy if they are able to incorporate some of the user suggestions. But sadly, itā€™s just not worth it for me to keep a VIP subscription anymore.

There's no chance they're making more off coins and promos than the VIP fees. There are SO many of us and there's next to no value in promoting an artist on there.

What will marketing unknown artists to random musicians and karaoke singers do for those being promoted? Nuttin' except generate a ton of positive comments from paid sources in the Philippines and some heat from disgruntled VIPs. lolĀ  Ā Smule isn't even target marketing within their own app. šŸ¤Ŗ

Edited by RockMeSlowly

_RamKrish1012
1 hour ago, RockMeSlowly said:

There's no chance they're making more off coins and promos than the VIP fees. There are SO many of us and there's next to no value in promoting an artist on there.

What will marketing unknown artists to random musicians and karaoke singers do for those being promoted? Nuttin' except generate a ton of positive comments from paid sources in the Philippines and some heat from disgruntled VIPs. lolĀ  Ā Smule isn't even target marketing within their own app. šŸ¤Ŗ

ROFL LOL. šŸ¤£I better not comment as I have been reprimanded already for venting my anger and on GoofdBehaviour Bond

• haha 1

DuetWithAlli
On 10/1/2021 at 9:49 PM, RockMeSlowly said:

Maybe I got in a little over my head on this one? Just trying to figure out why Smule doesnā€™t care about the opinions of the VIPs. But I guess itā€™s hard to know how long the changes have been in the works, and so at some point they just had to run with it and upset some people. And maybe Iā€™m misreading it, and most people like the changes. I donā€™t know, I donā€™t really like it but I can deal.

Honestly, Iā€™m notĀ upset with anyone but myself because I have wasted so much time playing on Smule. So maybe itā€™s a good thing if I find myself spending less time on it. Oh well.

Oh, and a funny thing is that I logged into my old account after a really long time, and it showed up in the old format. So maybe it still hasnā€™t been rolled out to a everyone? I donā€™t know.Ā 

Edited by DuetWithAlli

_RamKrish1012
19 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

Oh, and a funny thing is that I logged into my old account after a really long time, and it showed up in the old format. So maybe it still hasnā€™t been rolled out to a everyone? I donā€™t know.Ā 

I am using my iPad that has new Profile to join invites or create new invites (don't know which version as I cannot find it) but Using my Samsung 7 with original format ( Version 8.2.5 Build 1944 release Prod ) simultaneously to delete an invite after recording as well as look at Book Marked invites to see whose invite it is and when it expires which I cannot see on my iPad. But as you say I too have lost the passion for joining family and friends on Smule trying to cheer them all up during Covid Lockdowns

RockMeSlowly
On 10/4/2021 at 12:39 PM, DuetWithAlli said:

Maybe I got in a little over my head on this one? Just trying to figure out why Smule doesnā€™t care about the opinions of the VIPs. But I guess itā€™s hard to know how long the changes have been in the works, and so at some point they just had to run with it and upset some people. And maybe Iā€™m misreading it, and most people like the changes. I donā€™t know, I donā€™t really like it but I can deal.

Honestly, Iā€™m notĀ upset with anyone but myself because I have wasted so much time playing on Smule. So maybe itā€™s a good thing if I find myself spending less time on it. Oh well.

Well I admit that they're at least doing some tech support now; which is cool.Ā  I just don't understand why they don't utilize the power they have.Ā  The VIPs are not only paying clients, but we're also recruiters.

I started out on Starmaker. It's app two years ago was technologically more advanced than Smule is even today. I lost interest though because of the reasons everyone talks about.

Around that time, an ad appeared on YouTube of AllisonSmuler dueting with someone. I was blown away šŸ¤Æ and downloaded the app to hopefully duet with her and others like her.Ā 

Today, I'm blessed withĀ a really fun circle of singers whom I really connect with it, several of whom turned into RL friends (Allison included)!

The appeal of Smule will always be the people on it, not the app itself.Ā  That's the reason they should take our suggestions to heart.

Ā 

• like 2

DuetWithAlli

@RockMeSlowlyĀ haha thatā€™s what I was trying to say, you just said it a lot better than I did! When I started singing on Smule, there were so many people, and a couple in particular, who were very kind to me. At the time, I didnā€™t realize most people were just being nice to advance their own popularity hehe. But over the years, I have made some really great friends that way.
Ā 

I donā€™t mind adjusting to the constant changes, but a lot of people donā€™t have the time, or it just isnā€™t worth it to them. It used to be a simple app to use, and it was easy to run into people who would draw you in and make you want to keep singing and subscribe to VIP. Maybe Smule didnā€™t get that?

Ā 

Ā 

• like 1
  • love it! 1

_LadyZahra_

I donā€™t like the new layout either. The best thing is that all your old invites pops up in d invites column n when we have people joining ur old invites which was even from last year, u have to scroll all the way down to check each OC invites for new joiners!! if u wanna all d old oc invites open to join then you must create another column just for viewing new joiners in any of the open oc!!Ā 

• 4 weeks later...
Isa_Bella
On 9/14/2021 at 7:26 AM, Pavla said:

I hate my new profile page. it is very difficult to see who join at once, andĀ  very bad organised for the eyes. I still depressed about it even more than one week of time of changes . looking forward if they change it.Ā  feel so bad . I cant easy access who join. cant see easily which joiners i listened , love and comment them.

need more organise. old version better .

Ā 

Ā 

You just need to learn how to use and navigate it and you will love it..Ā 

elyssia
On 10/8/2021 at 10:19 PM, DuetWithAlli said:

@RockMeSlowlyĀ haha thatā€™s what I was trying to say, you just said it a lot better than I did! When I started singing on Smule, there were so many people, and a couple in particular, who were very kind to me. At the time, I didnā€™t realize most people were just being nice to advance their own popularity hehe. But over the years, I have made some really great friends that way.
Ā 

I donā€™t mind adjusting to the constant changes, but a lot of people donā€™t have the time, or it just isnā€™t worth it to them. It used to be a simple app to use, and it was easy to run into people who would draw you in and make you want to keep singing and subscribe to VIP. Maybe Smule didnā€™t get that?

Ā 

Ā 

You are right. I am still in smule because of the people I have met along the way. Some of them have been singing with me for 6 years or so and we have heard each other improving through the years. If they leave (which some of them had recently), I will consider doing so as well.

• like 2

_RamKrish1012
On 10/12/2021 at 9:47 AM, _LadyZahra_ said:

I donā€™t like the new layout either. The best thing is that all your old invites pops up in d invites column n when we have people joining ur old invites which was even from last year, u have to scroll all the way down to check each OC invites for new joiners!! if u wanna all d old oc invites open to join then you must create another column just for viewing new joiners in any of the open oc!!Ā 

Not Any MoreYou dont see all your Invites an y longer just the ones opened last seven days

_RamKrish1012
6 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

You just need to learn how to use and navigate it and you will love it..Ā 

The More I try to use it the more I dislike it. Imagine 50 book marked songs and I cannot tell whose invite it is that I book marked on my iPad s I have to look at my Samsung to see whose invite it is. People we know well and like get top priority in joins from me Now it is a Painful exercise if it is just vocals. With Videos I can see the pic of the friend whose invite it is

Isa_Bella
On 9/27/2021 at 11:13 AM, DuetWithAlli said:

But if you are not aVIP...only 100 songs will be shown in your wall or screen..

_RamKrish1012
On 9/27/2021 at 11:13 AM, DuetWithAlli said:

Ā But honestly, the response of Smule support impressed me in this case. It was thorough and actually addressed the issues I brought up.Ā 

Any further Progress with Smule Support or have you given up already ?

If Smule Support are still listening to you, Can you please considerĀ  a few suggestions from me and get them across to Smule

1- An Option to "INVITE ONLYĀ  FOLLOWERS I FOLLOW" and not all scammers and spammers who follow me and I don't even know as I don't have the time to check profiles of all followers. This will be a great HELP to Ladies especially

2- Book Marked Songs to be arranged by Expiry Time and Date, does not matter from where on Smule they are book marked be it Notifications or Personal messages from Followers or Feed,Ā 

3- Book Marked Songs list to appear with earliest expiry right at the top not bottom as it is now. This will prevent members scrollingĀ  down all the way each and every time to get to the one that expires first

4- Lastly when we delete Book marked songs after joining the invite, for this to appear against the song that is being deleted and not all over the screen as is happening now

Cheers

Ram

Edited by _RamKrish1012

DuetWithAlli
On 11/12/2021 at 6:08 AM, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

But if you are not aVIP...only 100 songs will be shown in your wall or screen..

Thanks for the info. Iā€™m ok with this. My vip expired today. I can still see my favorites, and I donā€™t go back into my old recordings other than listening to my favorites anyway. But I will get vip again if I find that I canā€™t do or see something that is important to me.

DuetWithAlli
On 11/12/2021 at 10:23 PM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Any further Progress with Smule Support or have you given up already ?

If Smule Support are still listening to you, Can you please considerĀ  a few suggestions from me and get them across to Smule

1- An Option to "INVITE ONLYĀ  FOLLOWERS I FOLLOW" and not all scammers and spammers who follow me and I don't even know as I don't have the time to check profiles of all followers. This will be a great HELP to Ladies especially

2- Book Marked Songs to be arranged by Expiry Time and Date, does not matter from where on Smule they are book marked be it Notifications or Personal messages from Followers or Feed,Ā 

3- Book Marked Songs list to appear with earliest expiry right at the top not bottom as it is now. This will prevent members scrollingĀ  down all the way each and every time to get to the one that expires first

4- Lastly when we delete Book marked songs after joining the invite, for this to appear against the song that is being deleted and not all over the screen as is happening now

Cheers

Ram

Hmm Iā€™m not sure, they donā€™t seem to always understand what Iā€™m suggesting. For example, they did change it so you see the number of plays, likes, and joins ā€¦ on your own invites. But bookmarked invites still show the number of plays and joins, rather than showing something useful such as the singer and how many days until the invite expires. But at least theyā€™re doing ā€¦ something? So Iā€™ll pass your suggestions along, itā€™s worth a shot.

Number four, Iā€™ve already brought up to Smule and even sent a screenshot video to show the problem and they still havenā€™t fixed it.

Number one, I do have a suggestion to improve this. If you donā€™t want certain accounts to follow you, you can temporarily block and unblock them to remove them from your followers. Then they wonā€™t receive your invites anymore. Or switch accounts and start over with no followers, then end up with the opposite problem like I did hehe.

Ā 

_RamKrish1012
2 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

Number one, I do have a suggestion to improve this. If you donā€™t want certain accounts to follow you, you can temporarily block and unblock them to remove them from your followers. Then they wonā€™t receive your invites anymore. Or switch accounts and start over with no followers, then end up with the opposite problem like I did hehe.

As For People who follow and unfollow Other members on a Daily Basis, to be honest no one has the time to check and monitor this Brownian movement meaning Constant Change & Chaos. It would be rude of me to BLOCK a follower who has done no harm. Just sits there as a member seldom sings but receives all my invites. I have no reason to offend any one even people who cannot sing for Nuts. I just say Thank you after listening to one or two lines of the Join. I have not blocked even one Person in four Long years as I feel it is Rude.

Switching accounts as you say creates more problems.

One of my Smule Partners has two accounts. One only for sending invites and the other is where she joins others. I have not yet figured out the advantage of having two accounts, Have to think about it. Cheers & Take Care