New profile page. WTF?

RockMeSlowly
3 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

This new Look Profile Page is so Frustrating. I have 34 invites with song Title and number of Plays and number of Joins, neither of which I care to look at. but what is relevant for me is whose invite it is and when it expires. Even when I hit to join button I cannot see this information on when the invite expires, unless INVITES DO NOT EXPIRE any longer but my sSmsung still tells me how many days or hours left

Hope this Nightmare ends soon and I am also Praying Smule developers are listening to Comments on Sing Salon

They don't expire, but I believe the bookmark disappears. I'm really not sure why they do that.

RockMeSlowly
3 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Is it possible that all smule software developers are Jack asses who cannot sing and don't know much about Smule.

I wish they would engage Sing Salon Members to do the b eta testing for Smule before they dump such garbage on unsuspecting Paying sub scribers

I'm a beta tester for the Android version, in theory. They have yet to ask for any feedback, nor is there a channel to deliver any, other than the same ones everyone else has. 

DuetWithAlli
On 9/9/2021 at 9:06 PM, RockMeSlowly said:

I LOVE the bio rants! You can tell whoever designed it is seeing the app from a very superficial standpoint.

Their current business direction has a Starmaker vibe to it, which I'm surprised they'd want to copy.

That’s so true! Every time I write Smule support to make suggestions, I tell them they should stop trying to copy Starmaker. Maybe I should try explaining to Smule that they are copying an app where the majority of the users, comments, plays, and iTunes reviews are fake. Smule used to be far superior, why take it down to Starmaker level?

• like 1

DuetWithAlli
6 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

This new Look Profile Page is so Frustrating. I have 34 invites with song Title and number of Plays and number of Joins, neither of which I care to look at. but what is relevant for me is whose invite it is and when it expires. Even when I hit to join button I cannot see this information on when the invite expires, unless INVITES DO NOT EXPIRE any longer but my sSmsung still tells me how many days or hours left

Hope this Nightmare ends soon and I am also Praying Smule developers are listening to Comments on Sing Salon

I’m going to quote this one because it’s shorter, but I’ve read your posts. Thanks  for bringing up the issues with the bookmarked songs and invites. So many problems with the new setup! Almost ready to sit down and compose my email to Smule support, although I’m wondering if there’s any way to get it to someone higher up. From my point of view, they are making changes that enhance the experience of power users and not the average person who just really loves to sing and listen to their joins. They’ve already lost so many subscribers, myself soon to be included.

Anna_M_Mathilda
On 9/13/2021 at 3:59 PM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Crazy Changes with very little benefit.

Says it all. 

• like 3

Pinewood13A

I believe there will be more karaoke services like this and Smule will lose its monopoly soon. Do they ever think of who pay them salary ? So listen to Smulers and bring back the old profile layout please.

Edited by Pinewood13A
  • like 2

_RamKrish1012
7 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

I’m going to quote this one because it’s shorter, but I’ve read your posts. Thanks  for bringing up the issues with the bookmarked songs and invites. So many problems with the new setup! Almost ready to sit down and compose my email to Smule support, although I’m wondering if there’s any way to get it to someone higher up. From my point of view, they are making changes that enhance the experience of power users and not the average person who just really loves to sing and listen to their joins. They’ve already lost so many subscribers, myself soon to be included.

When asked to Rate Smule Support I wrote "They are like Zombies from a Call Centre in Timbactoo waffling the same nonsense all the time" 🤣

• like 1
  • haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pinewood13A said:

Did you update Smule yet ? If not, congrats!

I updated Smule,  but nothing. Is this an iOS thing? Cos I am still using an Android . 

_RamKrish1012
7 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

đź‘Ť

_RamKrish1012
10 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

Hmmmm,  perhaps it's because of how you signed up. Did you sign up through the Google play store or directly through Smule?

I ask because normally people can't access the same account through IOS and Android if you've originally signed up from either the Apple store or Google.(from my understanding).  Those who signed up through Smule can use either.

Are you seeing different profile designs on IOS and Android, but for the same account?

I signed up through Smule direct. And I am able to Use both my Android Samsung 7 Mob Phone and my Apple iPad. My Ipad is fixed to a stand in my study and used only for singing. Samsung is used for messaging book marking etc etc

Yes my Android has all the Old Features in Tact. I can actually see my Photo on my Profile Page

Attaching Pics taken just nowsamsung.thumb.jpeg.5a38ffc952daad6a403f8e6dd8ef3b86.jpegipad.thumb.jpeg.ae91a48facb0d3b174edc28ee6acf86d.jpeg

RockMeSlowly
5 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

I signed up through Smule direct. And I am able to Use both my Android Samsung 7 Mob Phone and my Apple iPad. My Ipad is fixed to a stand in my study and used only for singing. Samsung is used for messaging book marking etc etc

Yes my Android has all the Old Features in Tact. I can actually see my Photo on my Profile Page

Attaching Pics taken just nowsamsung.thumb.jpeg.5a38ffc952daad6a403f8e6dd8ef3b86.jpegipad.thumb.jpeg.ae91a48facb0d3b174edc28ee6acf86d.jpeg

It's definitely connected somehow to the duel platform sign up. I signed up through google play and I was updated. 

It changed without me having to update the app, so my thought is that the profile page is located on the server. Perhaps they forgot to link the Android update to joint accounts?

I'd ask customer service.

• like 1

_RamKrish1012
1 hour ago, RockMeSlowly said:

I'd ask customer service.

Last thing I want to do tell customer service and they will wreck this too; as I find this helpful to communicate with my Smule partners using old version on Samsung. The Day this disappears I might want to say good bye to the Smule Nightmare

• like 1

RockMeSlowly
11 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Last thing I want to do tell customer service and they will wreck this too; as I find this helpful to communicate with my Smule partners using old version on Samsung. The Day this disappears I might want to say good bye to the Smule Nightmare

The messaging system seems exactly the same in the new version. 🤷‍♂️ It wasn't that great to begin with, but it probably won't change.

Pinewood13A
On 9/14/2021 at 5:11 PM, Asbco said:

I updated Smule,  but nothing. Is this an iOS thing? Cos I am still using an Android . 

On 9/14/2021 at 5:30 PM, _RamKrish1012 said:

@Asbco, if you see like this on your profile page, it is the newest version. It shows faces/photos instead of the titles. To me, after a long working day facing a lot of faces already, I only want to see titles when searching for my fav recording, not faces or any photos.

15 hours ago, Pinewood13A said:

@Asbco, if you see like this on your profile page, it is the newest version. It shows faces/photos instead of the titles. To me, after a long working day facing a lot of faces already, I only want to see titles when searching for my fav recording, not faces or any photos.

Nope,  all I see is titles under my Channel . Definitely the old setting cos I have had this for a long time.  

_RamKrish1012
19 hours ago, Pinewood13A said:

Absolutely

duojet24

So an odd thing happened to me the other night...

Like most of you, I've had the new profile page for a bit. I'm on an Android device, and I have a second non-VIP account to help with group collabs. I'd been working on a project that I needed to use that second account, so I had to go through the hassle of deleting the app and re-installing to sign into that account. But when I did, I noticed my profile pages had gone back to the old format. So when I was done with my group joins and wanted to sign back into my main VIP account, I deleted, reinstalled, and signed in again, but my profile pages were back to the new one.

This made me wonder - for those of you who haven't yet seen the new profile pages on your accounts, are you VIP members? It makes me wonder if for some reason Smule only enabled the new profile pages on VIP accounts for folks with current devices. I say that because I have an old iPad with an updated version of the app, but I still have my old profile page on that device, which is outdated.

It was very nice to have that old familiar profile page back, if just for a few moments...

• like 1

opentype

Judging from the comments we had on Sing.Salon, it certainly looks like the profile design is not baked into certain app versions but is instead pushed out to certain members. 

Pinewood13A

I checked with a friend. She has a VIP account installed in an Ipad. She didn't update her Ipad for a few months and she still has the old profile page.

duojet24
12 hours ago, opentype said:

Judging from the comments we had on Sing.Salon, it certainly looks like the profile design is not baked into certain app versions but is instead pushed out to certain members. 

Yes - it certainly seems that way, considering I used the same app with different accounts and had two different experiences.

1 hour ago, Pinewood13A said:

I checked with a friend. She has a VIP account installed in an Ipad. She didn't update her Ipad for a few months and she still has the old profile page.

That's interesting, and certainly reiterates opentype's point. Maybe she shouldn't update her app just to be on the safe side. 🤣 Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by duojet24
Removed extra line break.

_RamKrish1012
On 9/22/2021 at 6:20 AM, duojet24 said:

This made me wonder - for those of you who haven't yet seen the new profile pages on your accounts, are you VIP members? It makes me wonder if for some reason Smule only enabled the new profile pages on VIP accounts for folks with current devices. I say that because I have an old iPad with an updated version of the app, but I still have my old profile page on that device, which is outdated.

It was very nice to have that old familiar profile page back, if just for a few moments...

You are giving Smule developers too much credit. If they had some commonsense they would have tested the changes thoroughly and modified based on customer feedback before implementing it.

I have just one Vip account subscribed through Smule web site and use my iPad for singing and it is fixed in my study. I use my Samsung Mob Phone to look at notifications, invites, gifts and Personal messages and to respond and book mark invites. my iPad has the new obnoxious look where I look at an invite and I do not know who the invite is from and that is what matters to me most not the song title and image. Plus once I have recorded and uploaded I cannot even delete the one I am finished with.

I wont be surprised if all Smule Developers are Auto Bots 🤣

DuetWithAlli

Soooo this is the response I received from Smule Support:

“Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out!

We kindly ask you to create a short video, showing what happens when you try to remove a bookmark, by using a screen-recorder app (your device might have an inbuilt one) and attach it as a reply to this email.

As soon as you provide us with the requested information, we will be able to investigate further. 

Note that we are working on increasing the number of bookmarked songs.

Furthermore, in regards to the new profile, we completely understand your frustration and that the recent changes are not to your liking. We can assure you all the implemented changes have been tested prior to releasing them to the public. Our goal at Smule is to join people and make sure they enjoy their time together on the platform. This is precisely the reason we want to make sure the concerns of those communities are addressed, which is why we really value your feedback, as it does help us prioritize what we should be focusing on next.

Having that said, the new profile page is here to stay. We're looking into ways to have it display information such as Play count, number of Loves, and comments for each recording. I can't confirm a timeframe of when this will be rolled out but stay tuned for updates. Also, each of your collabs will have a small clickable icon in their lower right-hand corner that displays how many people have joined it and when clicked on, will show the usernames of those who have joined. This is how you can differentiate between solos and collabs too.

Regards,

Smule Support Team”

Pinewood13A

@DuetWithAlliThank you for updating us with the response from Smule.

"We can assure you all the implemented changes have been tested prior to releasing them to the public". Wow, nine out of ten opinions posted here didn't like the new look. Don't they see it or just simply ignore?

"Having that said, the new profile page is here to stay". What a bold claim. Somebody like to do video recording, some only want audio. Somebody want to show their faces, some other don't. Some are single, some married. It is a subtle issue when having a video duet with somebody else while his/her partner doesn't like it. Smule is a karaoke app, meaning singing need should come first, everything else such as "enjoy their time together on the platform" should come second.  I don't say the new profile page is bad. Some Smulers might like it. I just don't. I don't like being forced to see a whole bunch of faces of people every time I open Smule. It should always be a choice.