New profile page. WTF?

RockMeSlowly

I'm not sure if this is just on my end as a beta user, but I hateeee the changes  see in the profile page.

First of all, where are the invites!?  How are people going to join each other if they can't see WTF they have open?

From the app, we can't seem to edit our "about"  text! AND you have to click two buttons to see the entirety of it. I like knowing who I'm singing with.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

• thank you! 1

DuetWithAlli

Mine changed to the new version too … ugh! I’ll try reinstalling and see if I can get the old version back.

Update: didn’t work. Still have the new Starmaker wannabe layout. Didn’t enough people tell smule they hate this update?

Edited by DuetWithAlli
Update
  • like 3

TheMajesticM

I love the new layout! Give it some time. It will grow on you.

Edited by TheMajesticM

Violet

Hate this update. Smule needs to give people the choice to pick either layout. I don't want to see the big photo/faces showed on each duet. Just want to listen.

• like 3

TheMajesticM
6 hours ago, Violet said:

Hate this update.

I liked it until I realized how unhappy so many users are with the new update. Several were expressing their disappointment with it this evening in the chat session, along with other issues they have with the app. Users feel they are not being heard by the powers that be, even though Smule encourages feedback.  I can take the update or leave it. I have learned to navigate it quite well but the point is the majority of the users I have communicated with liked the older version better and, to be honest, there wasn’t anything wrong with it. I have noticed a decrease in activity among users. Smule has such wonderful technology if they could manage properly. You reading this, Smule? You should! 

• like 2

DuetWithAlli

On a positive note, Smule added a tab for invites, so now you can go to someone’s page and find their invites easily. I only wish Smule would keep consistent with the information shown. If I could still see the user names, plays, likes, and gifts on my recording without playing it, I might be ok with the new look. And if I could see how many days or hours are left on the invites I have bookmarked. I like to know because it helps me keep moving through them. Maybe Smule did this because you can join expired invites? But I don’t like it. 

Anyway, I’m going to pass this feedback on to Smule too.

• like 1

TheMajesticM

@DuetWithAlli Please include in your feedback to restore the auto play button so we can choose the option to turn it off. As insulting as I tend to sound, even the best singing I want to be able to turn it off. Before I can type out a comment, I hear the song at least twice. 

• like 1

Everyone talking about this new layout,  and all I see is the same old layout.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, still nothing. 

Now I can't even view joins from my channel, I have to access joins through my notification page. 

Am using android and have checked it is version 8.9..0b build 1. 

Am I the only one here with this issue?

RockMeSlowly
On 9/4/2021 at 10:48 AM, DuetWithAlli said:

On a positive note, Smule added a tab for invites, so now you can go to someone’s page and find their invites easily. I only wish Smule would keep consistent with the information shown. If I could still see the user names, plays, likes, and gifts on my recording without playing it, I might be ok with the new look. And if I could see how many days or hours are left on the invites I have bookmarked. I like to know because it helps me keep moving through them. Maybe Smule did this because you can join expired invites? But I don’t like it. 

Anyway, I’m going to pass this feedback on to Smule 

One big issue I have is the about info not being the first thing you see, and so much of it being cut off. 

If there's a way to edit it from the app, I don't know it yet.

• like 1

RockMeSlowly
12 hours ago, Asbco said:

Everyone talking about this new layout,  and all I see is the same old layout.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, still nothing. 

Now I can't even view joins from my channel, I have to access joins through my notification page. 

Am using android and have checked it is version 8.9..0b build 1. 

Am I the only one here with this issue?

Have you cleared the cache in the app itself?  Maybe when you uninstalled the app, it left the  original cache alone.  Just a thought because the change happened to mine on its own... not on an update.

First thing I did was to clear cache, restart phone.  When that didn't work,  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. 

Still nothing .

DuetWithAlli
5 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

One big issue I have is the about info not being the first thing you see, and so much of it being cut off. 

If there's a way to edit it from the app, I don't know it yet.

Oh, I noticed that too. My bio cuts off right in the middle of my angry rant. I agree that this should be on the first page you see, and I don’t like that the invites are not the first thing you see.

• like 1

DuetWithAlli
On 9/8/2021 at 10:23 AM, TheMajesticM said:

@DuetWithAlli Please include in your feedback to restore the auto play button so we can choose the option to turn it off. As insulting as I tend to sound, even the best singing I want to be able to turn it off. Before I can type out a comment, I hear the song at least twice. 

Will do! Still haven’t gotten around to it. 

• like 1

RockMeSlowly
1 hour ago, DuetWithAlli said:

Oh, I noticed that too. My bio cuts off right in the middle of my angry rant. I agree that this should be on the first page you see, and I don’t like that the invites are not the first thing you see.intot

I LOVE the bio rants! You can tell whoever designed it is seeing the app from a very superficial standpoint.

Their current business direction has a Starmaker vibe to it, which I'm surprised they'd want to copy.

• like 1
  • haha 1

_RamKrish1012

New Version only on IoS. Android still have the Old version

My biggest head ache is Book Marked songs. It does not tell me who the Vip Member is nor does it Tell me when it expires. So I look at my Samsung. Also after recording a duet I deleted the Book Marked invite and a song that I had not joined got deleted, Now I am using my iPad to sing and my Samsung Phone to see who the invite is from and when it expires and also for deleting the book mark when finished

Crazy Changes with very little benefit.

I have been asking Smule for Donkey's years to reverse the Order of Book marked Invites so the one that expires first is right at the Top. If I have 100 book marks I have to scroll down 100 bookmarks to reach the Bottom one and in the new Super Duper Format I am not even able to hit the JOIN button.

Common sense tells me Smule should test the damn thing thoroughly before uploading changes

Every time I send zen desk a request I get stone walled by an autogenerated message saying thank you blah blah and it has been forwarded to the right people and I get asked how do you rate the Smule Help Desk, and My standard response is I might as well be talking to the wall as nothing ever gets done

Wonder how many smule software developers actually sing on smule. If this is Mandated then we might have some amazing changes

• like 3

RockMeSlowly
9 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

New Version only on IoS. Android still have the Old version

My biggest head ache is Book Marked songs. It does not tell me who the Vip Member is nor does it Tell me when it expires. So I look at my Samsung. Also after recording a duet I deleted the Book Marked invite and a song that I had not joined got deleted, Now I am using my iPad to sing and my Samsung Phone to see who the invite is from and when it expires and also for deleting the book mark when finished

Crazy Changes with very little benefit.

I have been asking Smule for Donkey's years to reverse the Order of Book marked Invites so the one that expires first is right at the Top. If I have 100 book marks I have to scroll down 100 bookmarks to reach the Bottom one and in the new Super Duper Format I am not even able to hit the JOIN button.

Common sense tells me Smule should test the damn thing thoroughly before uploading changes

Every time I send zen desk a request I get stone walled by an autogenerated message saying thank you blah blah and it has been forwarded to the right people and I get asked how do you rate the Smule Help Desk, and My standard response is I might as well be talking to the wall as nothing ever gets done

Wonder how many smule software developers actually sing on smule. If this is Mandated then we might have some amazing changes

I have the new version and I'm Android. ✌️

Pavla

I hate my new profile page. it is very difficult to see who join at once, and  very bad organised for the eyes. I still depressed about it even more than one week of time of changes . looking forward if they change it.  feel so bad . I cant easy access who join. cant see easily which joiners i listened , love and comment them.

need more organise. old version better .

• like 2

sing_for_sanity
On 9/2/2021 at 8:14 PM, RockMeSlowly said:

I'm not sure if this is just on my end as a beta user, but I hateeee the changes  see in the profile page.

First of all, where are the invites!?  How are people going to join each other if they can't see WTF they have open?

From the app, we can't seem to edit our "about"  text! AND you have to click two buttons to see the entirety of it. I like knowing who I'm singing with.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

I hate the homepage now. It’s so confusing. I messaged them and they switched it back but then they switched it back again after promising that to change it. Somehow they think it’s more manageable but as I think it sucks horse dickI 

• like 2

_RamKrish1012
15 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

I have the new version and I'm Android. ✌️

My Samsung 7 still has the Old Smule Profile and notifications page. Lucky me. A joiner had commented on my invite and I tried to reply on my ipad and it too me to my profile page. so I had to use my Samsung and send my reply/ Every one is so angry with smule for this skull drudgery

_RamKrish1012

Is it possible that all smule software developers are Jack asses who cannot sing and don't know much about Smule.

I wish they would engage Sing Salon Members to do the b eta testing for Smule before they dump such garbage on unsuspecting Paying sub scribers

• like 2

_RamKrish1012

This new Look Profile Page is so Frustrating. I have 34 invites with song Title and number of Plays and number of Joins, neither of which I care to look at. but what is relevant for me is whose invite it is and when it expires. Even when I hit to join button I cannot see this information on when the invite expires, unless INVITES DO NOT EXPIRE any longer but my sSmsung still tells me how many days or hours left

Hope this Nightmare ends soon and I am also Praying Smule developers are listening to Comments on Sing Salon

• like 2

RockMeSlowly
3 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

My Samsung 7 still has the Old Smule Profile and notifications page. Lucky me. A joiner had commented on my invite and I tried to reply on my ipad and it too me to my profile page. so I had to use my Samsung and send my reply/ Every one is so angry with smule for this skull drudgery

Hmmmm,  perhaps it's because of how you signed up. Did you sign up through the Google play store or directly through Smule?

I ask because normally people can't access the same account through IOS and Android if you've originally signed up from either the Apple store or Google.(from my understanding).  Those who signed up through Smule can use either.

Are you seeing different profile designs on IOS and Android, but for the same account?