My postings don't get viewed

LilBear150

I have been singing on Smule for six years and my songs get maybe 1 to 4 views most of the time, what is the problem??? I used to be on the feed and now I'm never on it, why???

opentype

Yeah, thatā€™s normal. Unless a song is featured by Smule, the main source for views is your followers who might see a collab of yours on their app homepageĀ or when they open your profile. So unless a singer has real ā€œfansā€ who actively want to check out new uploads, there wonā€™t be much views.Ā 

harshad911

yes I have the same issue. I do not often open songs for collaboration. Recently I opened songs which were not seen by others except me...So I closed in 3-4 days. Is there any way to defeat this.....Thanks

opentype

It doesnā€™t look like the original question was about OCs, but the answer is mostly the same. The main source of views is your followers. You public invites will appear in their invite list as always. Nothing has changed there. If the songs you open are popular, you also appear if people search for this song. This increases the reach of course.Ā 

Interestingly, Smule now really moves away from the limitation of 7 days. Joining expired OC became common a while ago and ā€œexpiredā€ OCs are now even suggested again when you search for specific songs. So, in that regard, Smule made it so that OCs actually can get more views and joins. It doesnā€™t have to happen all in one week anymore.Ā 

RockMeSlowly
On 8/31/2021 at 7:04 PM, LilBear150 said:

I have been singing on Smule for six years and my songs get maybe 1 to 4 views most of the time, what is the problem??? I used to be on the feed and now I'm never on it, why???

Don't feel bad. The people with a ton of views are usually pay to play or there's a non musical reason for it.Ā Ā 

There's no correlation between views and your talent.Ā  I promise.

What I do is seek out new people every so often and join their opens if I'm into them. If they like me, they follow and they'll see my stuff. It's a waste of time (in my opinion) to go for Smule popularity.Ā  Just find your people.Ā 

• like 2

RockMeSlowly
On 9/1/2021 at 12:53 PM, opentype said:

It doesnā€™t look like the original question was about OCs, but the answer is mostly the same. The main source of views is your followers. You public invites will appear in their invite list as always. Nothing has changed there. If the songs you open are popular, you also appear if people search for this song. This increases the reach of course.Ā 

Interestingly, Smule now really moves away from the limitation of 7 days. Joining expired OC became common a while ago and ā€œexpiredā€ OCs are now even suggested again when you search for specific songs. So, in that regard, Smule made it so that OCs actually can get more views and joins. It doesnā€™t have to happen all in one week anymore.Ā 

You might have spoken too soon.Ā  Unless I'm blind, people's opens were removed from the new profile page. šŸ˜®Ā  Meaning, you can browse someone's opens anymore.

TheMajesticM
14 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

Don't feel bad. The people with a ton of views are usually pay to play or there's a non musical reason for it.Ā Ā 

Agree and I have a hunch there are users who play their own performances over and over to get those views to appearĀ popular. So immature. šŸ™„ And donā€™t get me started on the constant sharing ā€¦ I refuse to blind love but some want the love no matter if you listen or not.

People need to sing and be happy. Itā€™s all a competition for some and sad to say itā€™s some of the older crowd 55+ (senior citizens) šŸ˜‚Ā 

Ā