Smule monitoring problem with iRig Pro I/O and Samsung Android

KimmoZZR

I bought iRig Pro I/O - interface and I have recorded several songs using Sennheiser 835 microfone. I can hear very well the background music and also other singers voice in duo mode but nothing from my own singing. The headphones are connected to iRig 3,5 mm plug. If I use any mic / headphone - systen connected to Samsung's 3,5 mm plug I can hear my singing and eberything else. What might be the problem when using iRig ? I realle would like to use a good mic instead of those ear plug systems. In some other softwares there is a live mic button which opens the mic monitoring. Is there some button in Smule ?

KimmoZZR

If I use whatever mic / headphone system connected to Samsung's 3,5 mm plug and not using iRig everything works fine. What is the problem with iRig - connection ? 

• like 1

duojet24

Hi there! When you say "nothing from my own singing," do you mean that you can't hear yourself through your headphones while you're recording, and also while you're reviewing the song after recording?

It seems like you're not getting any signal from the microphone somehow. Is your XLR cable firmly connected to your microphone and the iRig? Also, do you have the gain dial on the front turned up enough? There are two lights on the front of the iRig Pro I/O. If you are singing into the mic, you should see the bottom light change colors between green, orange, and red (clipping).  If there's no change, it means no signal is coming in from the microphone.

I apologize if these seem like basic steps, but it helps to start at the very beginning.

KimmoZZR

Recording result is ok but none of my singing is heard from headphones when i am singing.

Edited by KimmoZZR