Smule update. No invites on profile

Mistresslivejam

Has anyone received a new smule update and the format of smule change?

There are no spots for open invites. 

E951BCC9-0974-4C13-883A-0A32F425FDFC.jpeg

E54A3159-B5EA-40FF-B9FA-338F24E22125.jpeg

DuetWithAlli

Thanks for posting. I was just coming here to say how much I hate the new layout! I already messaged Smule support to complain, but hopefully I can find a way to go higher up the chain of command. There is no tab for invites. The covers are shown in the grid with all of the other recordings on your channel. You have to look closely to see the little gray people icon in the bottom corner of the cover. As someone who actually tries to listen to all my joins, but sometimes days later, this will make it easy to miss them.

Mistresslivejam

The update hasn’t happened for me yet and I’m and iPhone user.  Hopefully they will fix these issues.  I really wish smule would tell us about these updates 

Anna_M_Mathilda

OMG! The update just came through on my i-Pad! I sing using that and always in landscape. This new update keeps reverting to portrait, which means my i-Pad is standing on its plug, if I happen to be recharging. But worse still - as others have already said - NO INVITES TAB! WHAT THE…??!

Anna_M_Mathilda

FOUND IT - Go down to “Activity” on your “About” page. Click on “Activity” and the next page has Notifications, Invites and Gifts.

The Minty Clinch

I believe there are 78 (or possibly 79) things people don't like about the new layout. Perhaps there's even one thing that has been improved too.

• like 1

JALVIECO

So Smule must have figured out that people weren’t happy with the changes. I went to the App Store and it said there was an update. I downloaded it and my Smule reverted back to the old layout. Let me know if it works for any of you. 

• like 1

Violet

I hate this change. With the old version I can see about 15-20 songs per page, now only 6. And I want to see only titles when sliding up or down to look for an old recording, not a bunch of photos. Please go back to the previous version, Smule.

• like 1

Anna_M_Mathilda
8 hours ago, JALVIECO said:

So Smule must have figured out that people weren’t happy with the changes. I went to the App Store and it said there was an update. I downloaded it and my Smule reverted back to the old layout. Let me know if it works for any of you. 

Would you please tell me how to find that update in the App Store? I typed Smule into Search and it just came up with the Smule I have at present (the new, updated one which I don’t want). Many thanks  😊

Anna_M_Mathilda
59 minutes ago, Anna_M_Mathilda said:

Would you please tell me how to find that update in the App Store? I typed Smule into Search and it just came up with the Smule I have at present (the new, updated one which I don’t want). Many thanks  😊

Not to worry! i just opened my Smule up and it was back to the previous version! Thank goodness!

• thank you! 1

DuetWithAlli
15 hours ago, JALVIECO said:

Same for me. I have multiple accounts, and so must delete and reinstall the app to switch. Sometimes, I receive the updated version. Other times, I receive the old version. Currently, I am logged into my new account running the old version. Not going to take my chances with deleting and reinstalling hehe.

Mistresslivejam

I’m just wondering if they removal is just temporarily. People complained so they have to fix the bugs? Idk🤷🏼‍♀️

duojet24

A friend of mine sent the support team a message expressing her concern over the sudden change. This is an excerpt of the message they sent back:

"...We were testing a new Profile Page design that we're hoping to introduce in the near future. It's still under development, though, so it's likely that there will be changes to it before we move on to a full release, based on the feedback we receive from our community.

Please be advised that we have rolled back to the previous UI version..."

I haven't seen any indication in the blog or social accounts that there would be any kind of testing or interface change. I'm just speculating - but it seems like someone flipped the switch by accident, and this is just damage control from that error. Again - just speculation. In no way do I have any facts to back that up. 🤣

However, if it was purposeful, it's just a bad business decision to implement a major change like that without any kind of prior notice, even if it was only a test. This seems especially strange after they just made such a big deal about changing the Android interface to reflect the look and feel of iOS for a more unified experience across both platforms.