Can iRig Pro I/O be used with Apple Mac Pro ?

_RamKrish1012

Right now I am depending on the Built in mic in my Mac Pro for Zoom Meetings and the audio is not something to write home about I have been looking at buying a Rode USB NT1 and am wondering if iRig Pro can be used with my apple mac using Dynamic microphone

opentype

The iRig Pro I/O is for microphones with an XLR connection. If you buy a USB mic, you don’t need iRig Pro I/O. You just connect it via USB. 

rohano

Ultra-compact and portable, IK Multimedia's iRig Pro I/O audio and MIDI interface lets you record to iPhone, iPad, and Mac with any of your gear on the go. This interface gives you professional features and 24-bit/96kHz studio-quality sound everywhere, as well as the essential features for mobile recording.

LouELVIS

The only thing I see is that whatever you record the internet will not let you record anything more then 48 khz that's why singsnap and Smule use 48 khz as the industry standard I may be wrong but that's how it was when I tried a USB connection and it only matched up at 48 kilohertz so take this for what it's worth 

LouELVIS

High quality sound depends on three things the preamp the best would be a class a amplifier the mic cable the best that you can buy and a microphone the best that's within your budget and you cannot go wrong with an industry standard like the sm58 or the sm58 beta and for you condenser people if you like big microphones the the RODE NT-1A or a Shure SM86 OR A KSM-32  THERE ARE MORE EXPENSIVE MICROPHONES BUT I WILL NEVER OWN ONE

LouELVIS

After trying many microphones I'm staying with for my voice the  SHURE 58 beta IT IS A CLEAN BALANCE STRONG SOLID MICROPHONE THAT'S MEANT TO GIVE YEARS OF FAITHFUL SERVICE  find your * MAGIC MIC * it's just there waiting

_RamKrish1012

Thank You all for your valuable Inputs. I am currently connecting iRig Pro to Ipad using a Lightning Cable. I think it also came with a usb Cable so will connect to my Apple Mac Pro and see how it goes. Will keep you all Posted. I will try it without the Power supply assuming the mac will provide the necessary power from the USB outlet. Hope I don't blow my iRig Pro or my Mac Pro in the process