First experience with a Bully

TheMajesticM

37 minutes ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

Nope... I am an  Accountant by profession sir and live in Australia...That's Silly to think that...I dont do OC's, uploading, joining everyday for these 8 accounts just 1 at a time... Time Management is the key...  

Yeah right! 😁👌🏼 Well don’t work too hard. FYI - I am a she … a female. 

• haha 1

DuetWithAlli
4 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

I see it differently.  I've met a few of my best friends through Smule starting with one of us messaging the other.  I think it really depends on the connection, but it's cool to shoot your shot. 

Where I do agree is not taking stuff personally and moving on if someone doesn't want to interact. It sucks, but it's important to respect each other's space.

Yeah, I have to admit that I’ve made a few great friends through answering their messages. But probably 99% of the time, I ignore my inbox. I don’t automatically block people for messaging me (unless my bio states that I will block anyone who messages me, which I do put on there occasionally), but I turned off read receipts and rarely reply.

The thing for me is that it almost always goes in a personal direction, and I sing to escape from my life. It’s not the first thing I want to talk about. And also, I really love a lot of the people I sing with, and I don’t want to lose opportunities  by sending messages that may come across the wrong way.

So I guess it’s up to the individual to decide if it’s worth reaching out. I struggle with depression and anxiety so I’m probably not a good one to be giving advice on this haha. As long as you’re prepared for whatever reaction you may receive, I guess there’s not much harm in trying if you tread carefully.

• thank you! 1

Isa_Bella
1 hour ago, TheMajesticM said:

Yeah right! 😁👌🏼 Well don’t work too hard. FYI - I am a she … a female. 

Hahahahahah 🤣🤣  sowwy... thanks sissy...

• haha 1

RockMeSlowly
On 11/27/2021 at 7:50 PM, DuetWithAlli said:

Yeah, I have to admit that I’ve made a few great friends through answering their messages. But probably 99% of the time, I ignore my inbox. I don’t automatically block people for messaging me (unless my bio states that I will block anyone who messages me, which I do put on there occasionally), but I turned off read receipts and rarely reply.

The thing for me is that it almost always goes in a personal direction, and I sing to escape from my life. It’s not the first thing I want to talk about. And also, I really love a lot of the people I sing with, and I don’t want to lose opportunities  by sending messages that may come across the wrong way.

So I guess it’s up to the individual to decide if it’s worth reaching out. I struggle with depression and anxiety so I’m probably not a good one to be giving advice on this haha. As long as you’re prepared for whatever reaction you may receive, I guess there’s not much harm in trying if you tread carefully.

I appreciate you articulating this; it's a perspective I hadn't thought of.  I'm someone who will say Hi once, or maybe compliment someone and assume no response means "stick to singing buddy".  It never occurred to me that some people just don't check their messages. 

For what it's worth, I'm glad I get to sing with you. :)

• like 1

RockMeSlowly
On 11/27/2021 at 4:56 PM, TheMajesticM said:

Agree totally! Move on and forget it but it’s hard when someone has lied, but the part of @Ysabel_aus2019comment, where she assumed he was being stalked simply because the author followed him on his Facebook and asked one simple question disturbs me. The author stated he had given her access to his Facebook. Why would he do that if she was so annoying? That is not stalking!

Stalking is when they find your real Facebook account, request you, gather information about your family, steal pictures of you from your Facebook, plaster them on their fake Facebook with lies, contact the spouse and their employer. That’s stalking and that’s someone who needs help, and if anyone can’t see it, as I often repeat, they’re into that kind of behavior too or stupid — take your pick. 

Agreed. He was rude to her and she has every right to handle it however she pleases, so long as it's a legitimate point of contact he'd previously given her. 

Personally, I don't understand why people can't just be decent to each other. We all have a huge common interest, the majority of us are adhd/ neurodivergent and we're mostly artists; this should be fun. ✌️

Edited by RockMeSlowly
  • love it! 1

Isa_Bella
14 minutes ago, RockMeSlowly said:

Agreed. He was rude to her and she has every right to handle it however she pleases, so long as it's a legitimate point of contact he'd previously given her. 

Personally, I don't understand why people can't just be decent to each other. We all have a huge common interest, the majority of us are adhd/ neurodivergent and we're mostly artists; this should be fun. ✌️

You have to remember that we are all different individuals, different culture, different mentally and most of all different interpretations. If I were that guy and if someone followed me in my FB just to asked why I BLOCKED her?? I will be very very angry.. I BLOCKED YOU BECAUSE I DONT LIKE YOU... WHY FOLLOWED ME??  Full Stop.. 

Isa_Bella
22 minutes ago, RockMeSlowly said:

I also have doubts that he gave her the FB info.. If that guy gave her the FB info WHY CAN HE GAVE HER the information that she was asking about his mic setting.... As I said before we only hear one side of the story... IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO.. 

RockMeSlowly
20 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

I also have doubts that he gave her the FB info.. If that guy gave her the FB info WHY CAN HE GAVE HER the information that she was asking about his mic setting.... As I said before we only hear one side of the story... IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO.. 

Maybe he had his contact info in his bio? As long as he offers that point of contact on Smule, it's acceptable. 

Honestly I've heard of a few guys who act exactly like this, so I can picture it. 

• like 1

RockMeSlowly
20 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

You have to remember that we are all different individuals, different culture, different mentally and most of all different interpretations. If I were that guy and if someone followed me in my FB just to asked why I BLOCKED her?? I will be very very angry.. I BLOCKED YOU BECAUSE I DONT LIKE YOU... WHY FOLLOWED ME??  Full Stop.. 

If someone Googled you to find your Facebook and did reached out to ask about being blocked, then it's obviously way too far.  You're right that everyone is different. 

I don't harass anyone and I go out of my way to be nice; it's just how I'm wired. That said, being a prick on a social app for singing seems counterproductive.

• like 1

Isa_Bella
14 minutes ago, RockMeSlowly said:

Maybe he had his contact info in his bio? As long as he offers that point of contact on Smule, it's acceptable. 

Honestly I've heard of a few guys who act exactly like this, so I can picture it. 

For me its not acceptable.. to contact someone outside SMULE just to asked why he blocked her?? NOPE...

Isa_Bella
Just now, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

For me its not acceptable.. to contact someone outside SMULE just to asked why he blocked her?? NOPE...

You used the word "MAYBE" because you are not sure, you are only hearing the other side of the story... 

Lou ELVIS

I think everyone should share tips on how to sound on SMULE better the more people I get asking for help im happy to if I can " ITS WHAT MAKES SMULE SO GREAT🙂 happy singing everyone PS. here's something I through together to have fun with 😉

photostudio_1638264388855.png

Edited by Lou ELVIS
Typo
  • like 1

RockMeSlowly
On 11/30/2021 at 10:25 PM, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

To each their own.  I personally wouldn't do it, but I've also only experienced being blocked by someone I got to know once in my life.  It's emotionally violating for someone to mute your existence because they don't want to say goodbye and deny you closure, while taking it for themselves. I can see how it might drive someone to make irrational emotional choices to get closure.

I don't judge, but I also don't block people for that same reason. If I'm getting harassed or spammed, all bets are off.  Otherwise, I treat people how I want to be treated.

• like 1

RockMeSlowly
On 11/30/2021 at 10:27 PM, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

You used the word "MAYBE" because you are not sure, you are only hearing the other side of the story... 

Of course we're hearing one side of the story, but that's ok because we not making a judgment on the other person. 

All I'm reacting to is the set of circumstances she articulated.  It's an "If X is true, then Y" thing. Obviously if X is false, then Y doesn't apply.

• like 1

TheMajesticM
On 11/30/2021 at 1:40 AM, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

You’re contradicting yourself. You first state in another post there are two sides to the story, which is a fact, and then you state it takes two to tangle, which is a fact, but then you state you have doubts. You may have your doubts but with all respect your doubts don’t mean anything because you were not there.

I will agree if the person was not given the Facebook account they don’t need to search for them. I had something similar happen to me. I was found in a sing Facebook group with a man I sang with and didn’t think too much about it at the time. He was strange but didn’t seem dangerous (but I wasn’t paying attention) and I had accepted one of his women sing friends on my Facebook before him. He did a request and I accepted. Let’s just say I won’t do that again. He turned out to be a predator and then afterwards several women warned me… It was too late. He gained a lot of personal information. Of course there are those who don’t believe me and that’s fine. They’re either his loyal sing friends or envious women. The latter disturbs me most. What woman is envious of that kind of attention? Plenty, sadly.

I know this situation has bothered you if this thread is any indication. Pray the original poster is okay. She seem really polite in her delivery of this topic.

Peaceful singing to all! Life is short! Sing while you can! ❤️

• 3 weeks later...
Rogerlococo2020
On 11/28/2021 at 12:48 AM, TheMajesticM said:

me when I say it’s not f

On 11/28/2021 at 12:47 AM, TheMajesticM said:

No where in my comment did I advise anyone to bother others, even though I personally have been bothered a lot on the app. I am judging from my own experience. Yes, you’re right. It indeed takes TWO to tangle and unless a person is one of the two, they don’t have a right to get involved.  I advise anyone who wants to get involved — and there are those types of people — it would not be in their best interest, especially the ones who think they know the whole truth about those type of situations. Egg on the face is not pretty … 

I wouldn’t still be on the app if I couldn’t handle it. I am enjoying it and I pray you do the same. Stick to singing … 

you just sounded like a hater and a stalker all the way. who do u think u are? how many people have joined your recording usually LOL? you're only enjoying being a keyboard fighter whos hiding behind your phone or ur little computer as far as I can see and nobody gives a damn about you on the app I'm sure😏 try not to harass anyone on the app cuz thats the best you can do

• confused 1

TheMajesticM
32 minutes ago, Rogerlococo2020 said:

you just sounded like a hater and a stalker all the way. who do u think u are? how many people have joined your recording usually LOL? you're only enjoying being a keyboard fighter whos hiding behind your phone or ur little computer as far as I can see and nobody gives a damn about you on the app I'm sure😏 try not to harass anyone on the app cuz thats the best you can do

I struck a nerve… I have laughed at some of the users who act over confident and behave as a celebrity on this app. I’m not popular with many because I tell the truth and don’t play along with the delusional users as you. Smule is supposed to be an app for fun and I called you out because you are exactly what you just called me, a bully. I am not a hater; I am a realist. As the cliché goes “I would like to buy you for what you’re worth and sell you for what you think you’re worth.” It would be very profitable. 

• 3 weeks later...
Isa_Bella
On 12/5/2021 at 12:48 AM, TheMajesticM said:

You’re contradicting yourself. You first state in another post there are two sides to the story, which is a fact, and then you state it takes two to tangle, which is a fact, but then you state you have doubts. You may have your doubts but with all respect your doubts don’t mean anything because you were not there.

You are the one contradicting my statement... Dont changed what I said......I said..IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO (its a dance).. but you said it takes two to Tangle..   simple grammar simple question, simple statement but ruins the contents. 

• confused 1

Isa_Bella
On 12/22/2021 at 1:08 AM, TheMajesticM said:

I struck a nerve… I have laughed at some of the users who act over confident and behave as a celebrity on this app. I’m not popular with many because I tell the truth and don’t play along with the delusional users as you. Smule is supposed to be an app for fun and I called you out because you are exactly what you just called me, a bully. I am not a hater; I am a realist. As the cliché goes “I would like to buy you for what you’re worth and sell you for what you think you’re worth.” It would be very profitable. 

You meant you are laughing at yourself because you are one of them.. 

• confused 1

Isa_Bella
On 12/4/2021 at 4:56 AM, RockMeSlowly said:

Of course we're hearing one side of the story, but that's ok because we not making a judgment on the other person. 

All I'm reacting to is the set of circumstances she articulated.  It's an "If X is true, then Y" thing. Obviously if X is false, then Y doesn't apply.

X - Y = 0 🤣🤣  Nothing to discuss...

• 1 month later...
TheMajesticM
On 1/7/2022 at 1:22 AM, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

You meant you are laughing at yourself because you are one of them..

No reason for me to laugh at myself but I am blessed with a sense of humor. Try it, instead of constantly attacking with your lame insults. Just reading from your comments you’re spiteful and bitter for some reason….

Enjoy the app. If your replies to me are any indication the app is all you have to look forward to in life. 

As for “Two To Tangle,” —not an error. You made it a mission to target my comments. Don’t worry. I’m happily married. He’s all yours … and everyone else who will have him.  Yes, I am cute. God made me this way. 😘

Stop with the rude behavior because it will not fly with me. 

TheMajesticM

I logged back in to post something else. I wasn’t even addressing YOU in the majority of the comments on this thread. I got others to read the comments and they agreed. You’re a miserable bully. 

If I get harassed anymore I am taking this abuse I have experienced over the years to major media outlets. I am fed up just because I want to sing in peace and happen to be good looking and people as you can’t handle it. It’s not right! 

Isa_Bella
4 hours ago, TheMajesticM said:

I logged back in to post something else. I wasn’t even addressing YOU in the majority of the comments on this thread. I got others to read the comments and they agreed. You’re a miserable bully. 

If I get harassed anymore I am taking this abuse I have experienced over the years to major media outlets. I am fed up just because I want to sing in peace and happen to be good looking and people as you can’t handle it. It’s not right! 

Look Back all your comments  and I believe you are the one who's harassing with your RUDE comments. 

• haha 1