First experience with a Bully

cspowell70

Just had to share this.  I am fairly new to smule with about a hundred recordings.  The other day I did a few recordings with a trending member. [username removed by admin].  Enjoyed singing with him and thought he sounded great.  As he is obviously experienced I sent him a note asking if he minded sharing some info on his mic settings as it sounded so clear.  He send me a note back saying something random about "if I don't share things with the community why should I help you" then blocked me ! Funny thing is, he commented on each of our recordings saying thanks for joining and I did the same.

Anyways... really put me off as I no longer had access to my recordings and quite frankly felt bullied for doing absolutely nothing.

As he has a Facebook page I sent him a quick note asking why he blocked me ... maybe he blocked the wrong person ?  He sends me a note back saying if I contact him again he will do worse than block me.

The whole thing was pretty upsetting and I considered leaving the smule community.  Note sure why I care but for some strange reason I do.  Messed up !!

• sad 2

opentype
7 minutes ago, cspowell70 said:

As he has a Facebook page I sent him a quick note asking why he blocked me ...

Yeah, that was a mistake. If a person blocks you, it means they don’t want to interact with you again (for whatever reason). Trying to circumvent that by contacting them through other channels will only make matters worse. No wonder he got more direct. It’s better to accept the fact that you were blocked, move on, and to focus on the Smule interactions where there is a mutual interest to sing together and potentially chat. 

• like 4

cspowell70

Ya obviously a mistake and I agree.  Just wanted to give the opportunity to reverse an obvious mistake.  Your right.  Best to move on

• like 1

Aargo2017
7 hours ago, cspowell70 said:

really put me off as I no longer had access to my recordings and quite frankly felt bullied for doing absolutely nothing.

Not sure if after your bad experience you still want to access your recordings with this person. But if you still want to, I think you can access his page (if you know his id)  through Smule website (http:/www.smule.com/<User ID> ) (without signing into it) and download your recordings using smule downloader  https://sing.salon/smule-downloader/

cspowell70
2 hours ago, Aargo2017 said:

Not sure if after your bad experience you still want to access your recordings with this person. But if you still want to, I think you can access his page (if you know his id)  through Smule website (http:/www.smule.com/<User ID> ) (without signing into it) and download your recordings using smule downloader  https://sing.salon/smule-downloader/

Ty.  Appreciate the info

DuetWithAlli

Blocking has to be intentional. The option to block is found at the top corner of the page, unless there’s some other way that I don’t know about. I block people who blind love or love my recordings in mass quantities because it annoys me. Maybe this user blocks anyone who messages him?

In my opinion, messaging anyone for any reason is a bad idea. Just don’t do it. In or out of smule, just don’t do it. Yeah, this person’s initial reaction was rude and kind of weird. But this was not bullying, and it’s important not to take things like this personally and move on from it.

Since you are new, I am going to tell you this. There are people on Smule who comment positively on all joins. It’s hard to know whether someone really listened and really liked your recording. Not saying this is what happened to you. But it’s something to keep in mind if you want to keep singing on Smule. 

• like 2

• 2 weeks later...
TheMajesticM
On 7/8/2021 at 8:34 AM, cspowell70 said:

He send me a note back saying something random about "if I don't share things with the community why should I help you" then blocked me ! Funny thing is, he commented on each of our recordings saying thanks for joining and I did the same.

Right here! People such as this killjoy hurts the app. I cannot stand to read when someone is treated so poorly on this APP—an APP!  Can you imagine what he is like in real life? His poor family and friends (if he has any friends). Thankful he slithered away from you. Funny thing to me he was nice enough to share his Facebook information with you. Interesting.  Keep singing and don’t look back at that! Burns them up worse than anything. 

• like 1

cl00bie

The other day I did a few recordings with a trending member. [username removed by admin].  Enjoyed singing with him and thought he sounded great.  As he is obviously experienced I sent him a note asking if he minded sharing some info on his mic settings as it sounded so clear.  He send me a note back saying something random about "if I don't share things with the community why should I help you" then blocked me ! Funny thing is, he commented on each of our recordings saying thanks for joining and I did the same.

I make it a point not to sing with anyone with a purple checkmark (I know, I'm a bigot 🙂).  I prefer to sing with people whose songs have under 50 likes.  These people generally are not in some kind of competition with me, they are just looking to have a good time.  YMMV.

• like 2

DuetWithAlli
On 7/21/2021 at 3:57 PM, cl00bie said:

I make it a point not to sing with anyone with a purple checkmark (I know, I'm a bigot 🙂).  I prefer to sing with people whose songs have under 50 likes.  These people generally are not in some kind of competition with me, they are just looking to have a good time.  YMMV.

That’s good advice. My experience with popular singers on Smule is that they are self serving you-know-whats. Avoid them for sure if you want to have a good time on Smule. Unless you want to sing and not have anyone actually listen to it, the hot invites are good for that, I guess.

• like 2

• 3 months later...
Rogerlococo2020
On 7/8/2021 at 8:34 PM, cspowell70 said:

Just had to share this.  I am fairly new to smule with about a hundred recordings.  The other day I did a few recordings with a trending member. [username removed by admin].  Enjoyed singing with him and thought he sounded great.  As he is obviously experienced I sent him a note asking if he minded sharing some info on his mic settings as it sounded so clear.  He send me a note back saying something random about "if I don't share things with the community why should I help you" then blocked me ! Funny thing is, he commented on each of our recordings saying thanks for joining and I did the same.

Anyways... really put me off as I no longer had access to my recordings and quite frankly felt bullied for doing absolutely nothing.

As he has a Facebook page I sent him a quick note asking why he blocked me ... maybe he blocked the wrong person ?  He sends me a note back saying if I contact him again he will do worse than block me.

The whole thing was pretty upsetting and I considered leaving the smule community.  Note sure why I care but for some strange reason I do.  Messed up !!

What worse he could do? Thats funny. This person is nothing but a psycho. You can give this person your deepest sympathy

• like 2

Isa_Bella
On 7/8/2021 at 10:34 PM, cspowell70 said:

In my opinion its wrong and its not right to follow him in his Facebook just to asked him why he blocked you.. You stalked him.. Well if he blocked you that was  his decision... Just move on and  learn it.. 

Isa_Bella
Just now, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

In my opinion its wrong and its not right to follow him in his Facebook just to asked him why he blocked you.. You stalked him.. Well if he blocked you that was  his decision... Just move on and  learn it.. 

and learn from it..

• like 1

Isa_Bella
On 7/22/2021 at 5:57 AM, cl00bie said:

I fully agree with you...I have been with Smule for 6 years but never I sing with anyone in purple check mark.  I only sing with someone who collab with me or  who uses my song uploads..

• like 1

Isa_Bella
On 7/20/2021 at 5:48 AM, TheMajesticM said:

Right here! People such as this killjoy hurts the app. I cannot stand to read when someone is treated so poorly on this APP—an APP!  Can you imagine what he is like in real life? His poor family and friends (if he has any friends). Thankful he slithered away from you. Funny thing to me he was nice enough to share his Facebook information with you. Interesting.  Keep singing and don’t look back at that! Burns them up worse than anything. 

Dont judge the other person straight away we only hear the other side of the story... It takes two to TANGO... All we can advise is to move on...If you are planning to keep on singing... Dont bother those kind of people just ignore it Un follow them and remove them from your follower.. .. Just enjoy singing and be happy.. 

TheMajesticM
On 11/24/2021 at 6:18 AM, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

Dont judge the other person straight away we only hear the other side of the story... It takes two to TANGO... All we can advise is to move on...If you are planning to keep on singing... Dont bother those kind of people just ignore it Un follow them and remove them from your follower.. .. Just enjoy singing and be happy.. 

No where in my comment did I advise anyone to bother others, even though I personally have been bothered a lot on the app. I am judging from my own experience. Yes, you’re right. It indeed takes TWO to tangle and unless a person is one of the two, they don’t have a right to get involved.  I advise anyone who wants to get involved — and there are those types of people — it would not be in their best interest, especially the ones who think they know the whole truth about those type of situations. Egg on the face is not pretty … 

I wouldn’t still be on the app if I couldn’t handle it. I am enjoying it and I pray you do the same. Stick to singing … 

TheMajesticM

I am amazed at the users on the app who are envious because they are not the target of a predator or a stalker… Trust me when I say it’s not fun and nothing to brag about. 

Edited by TheMajesticM
  • like 3

RockMeSlowly

He sounds mentally ill, tbh.  I wouldn't judge the Smule experience based on one person with emotional problems. It's absolutely fine to ask someone about mic settings.

• like 2

RockMeSlowly
On 7/10/2021 at 9:22 AM, DuetWithAlli said:

Blocking has to be intentional. The option to block is found at the top corner of the page, unless there’s some other way that I don’t know about. I block people who blind love or love my recordings in mass quantities because it annoys me. Maybe this user blocks anyone who messages him?

In my opinion, messaging anyone for any reason is a bad idea. Just don’t do it. In or out of smule, just don’t do it. Yeah, this person’s initial reaction was rude and kind of weird. But this was not bullying, and it’s important not to take things like this personally and move on from it.

Since you are new, I am going to tell you this. There are people on Smule who comment positively on all joins. It’s hard to know whether someone really listened and really liked your recording. Not saying this is what happened to you. But it’s something to keep in mind if you want to keep singing on Smule. 

I see it differently.  I've met a few of my best friends through Smule starting with one of us messaging the other.  I think it really depends on the connection, but it's cool to shoot your shot. 

Where I do agree is not taking stuff personally and moving on if someone doesn't want to interact. It sucks, but it's important to respect each other's space.

• like 2

TheMajesticM
1 hour ago, RockMeSlowly said:

Where I do agree is not taking stuff personally and moving on if someone doesn't want to interact. It sucks, but it's important to respect each other's space.

Agree totally! Move on and forget it but it’s hard when someone has lied, but the part of @Ysabel_aus2019comment, where she assumed he was being stalked simply because the author followed him on his Facebook and asked one simple question disturbs me. The author stated he had given her access to his Facebook. Why would he do that if she was so annoying? That is not stalking!

Stalking is when they find your real Facebook account, request you, gather information about your family, steal pictures of you from your Facebook, plaster them on their fake Facebook with lies, contact the spouse and their employer. That’s stalking and that’s someone who needs help, and if anyone can’t see it, as I often repeat, they’re into that kind of behavior too or stupid — take your pick. 

Isa_Bella
5 hours ago, TheMajesticM said:

No where in my comment did I advise anyone to bother others, even though I personally have been bothered a lot on the app. I am judging from my own experience. Yes, you’re right. It indeed takes TWO to tangle and unless a person is one of the two, they don’t have a right to get involved.  I advise anyone who wants to get involved — and there are those types of people — it would not be in their best interest, especially the ones who think they know the whole truth about those type of situations. Egg on the face is not pretty … 

I wouldn’t still be on the app if I couldn’t handle it. I am enjoying it and I pray you do the same. Stick to singing … 

Hahahahah yes of course I enjoyed a lot...If I don't, I won't spend$ and waste my time uploading songs and doing OC's and gifting VIP's to those who deserve it. It's my routine  after work  for the last 5 years with Smule... 😎🤣

TheMajesticM
3 minutes ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

Hahahahah yes of course I enjoyed a lot...If I don't, I won't spend$ and waste my time uploading songs and doing OC's and gifting VIP's to those who deserve it. It's my routine  after work  for the last 5 years with Smule... 😎🤣

Good thing! I was worried. I saw on another thread you were asking about deleting an account. Your comments to me seemed as if you were upset. I’m glad to know all is well 😘

Edited by TheMajesticM

Isa_Bella
10 minutes ago, TheMajesticM said:

Agree totally! Move on and forget it but it’s hard when someone has lied, but the part of @Ysabel_aus2019comment, where she assumed he was being stalked simply because the author followed him on his Facebook and asked one simple question disturbs me. The author stated he had given her access to his Facebook. Why would he do that if she was so annoying? That is not stalking!

Stalking is when they find your real Facebook account, request you, gather information about your family, steal pictures of you from your Facebook, plaster them on their fake Facebook with lies, contact the spouse and their employer. That’s stalking and that’s someone who needs help, and if anyone can’t see it, as I often repeat, they’re into that kind of behavior too or stupid — take your pick. 

No I don't agree with you...  the definition of stalking you stated is not applicable to this topic... The reason why I said "STALKING" was simple  she went outside Smule to look for  him just to ASK why he BLOCKED her??? that's not right... If she stayed and keep on singing she will experience more out of this world attitude why bother wasting your time to this kind of people... so what she achieved???? nothing

Isa_Bella
9 minutes ago, TheMajesticM said:

Good thing! I was worried. I saw on another thread you were asking about deleting an account. Your comments to me seemed as if you were upset. I’m glad to know all is well 😘

hahah I have 8 Smule accounts all VIP's... the 3 accounts that i have, I upload songs... 657, 300, 120 uploaded songs  respectively.. I want to deactivate if possible not delete my 2 Smule accounts that I had bad memories hahahahah  but I dont want to delete it..😎😎  Thanks for the concern... sorry I was not upset.... 

TheMajesticM
10 minutes ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

No I don't agree with you...  the definition of stalking you stated is not applicable to this topic... The reason why I said "STALKING" was simple  she went outside Smule to look for  him just to ASK why he BLOCKED her??? that's not right... If she stayed and keep on singing she will experience more out of this world attitude why bother wasting your time to this kind of people... so what she achieved???? nothing

As you previously stated it took “TWO to TANGLE” so you nor I know exactly what happened so we’ll agree to disagree on this topic. One innocent question asked to him won’t hold up in the Court of law as stalking, God forbid it ever escalated to that level. 

Good luck getting all of your accounts lined out. You got a full time job with Smule. Hope they’re paying you 😉😂

Isa_Bella
51 minutes ago, TheMajesticM said:

As you previously stated it took “TWO to TANGLE” so you nor I know exactly what happened so we’ll agree to disagree on this topic. One innocent question asked to him won’t hold up in the Court of law as stalking, God forbid it ever escalated to that level. 

Good luck getting all of your accounts lined out. You got a full time job with Smule. Hope they’re paying you 😉😂

Nope... I am an  Accountant by profession sir and live in Australia...That's Silly to think that...I dont do OC's, uploading, joining everyday for these 8 accounts just 1 at a time... Time Management is the key...