Remove Horrible Beep When Singing (Especially on Solo)

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

LoreyLi

Is there any way to turn off the horrible beep sound, that the Smule app makes when singing solo. 

It also happens when singing in a duet, for the first time. But for solo singing it stays there (on repeated recordings).

I appreciate its meant as a guide, but actually I use the music to guide m singing and the beep is very hard to ignore and overrides my own ear. 

I use iOS 14.6, iPhone SE2, latest and I don't see any setting where I can disable it.

Would be really great to be able to turn off, as it totally ruins the experience when solo singing, or even the first duet, it jams my own ear.

I really don't need this "feature" forced on me. 

(I google this but couldn't see any reference to it, and it really surprised me that no one noticed or complained about it.)

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Edited by LoreyLi

• Solution
opentype

You mean the “beep” that plays the melody as a guide?

Here is how to turn that off:

• thank you! 1

_RamKrish1012
4 hours ago, opentype said:

You mean the “beep” that plays the melody as a guide?

Here is how to turn that off:

Strange I don't see these Slide options on my iPad. Does it have anything to do with quality of upload or upload software ??

• like 1

LoreyLi

Thank you so much opentype , the video solved it, it was the guide and I turned if off as per the video 

Edited by LoreyLi

LoreyLi
5 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Strange I don't see these Slide options on my iPad. Does it have anything to do with quality of upload or upload software ??

I think the melody guide is not on every song so when you hear it you can turn it down using the volume icon as per the video 

Its not on every song but mercifully I can turn it off when its there , using the volume icon (the second row guide line )

thanks opentype once again for the video and quick answer , really very much appreciated 

Edited by LoreyLi