Smule not picking up my vocal fx

SVX_Aliz_AJ

Hey everyone! So I've been trying to use my TC-Helicon Mic Mechanic 2. It has reverb, delay and all that jazz. But every time I sing, Smule doesn't seem to pick up the effects... even after recording is done. It picks up the tone settings though (compression, d-esser, gate), but not the reverb or delay. I've no idea why. I don't want to use Smule fx as I have better control with my pedal. Please help.

My setup: Shure Beta58 - XLR to Mic Mechanic 2 - XLR to Focusrite Scarlet - USB connection to Galaxy S8+. Headset is connected to my focusrite. 

Thanks in advance!

opentype

If you route the signal through the effect processor, that’s the signal that Smule gets. So I wouldn’t know how Smule would remove certain effects. 

The only thing I can think of is that Smule’s effect suppress your effects a little bit. What effect setting do you choose in Smule? You probably want it on “Dry” if you aren’t already using that. And you want to make sure the gain is high enough. 

Another issue might be the conversion to mono. A stereo reverb/delay might sound better in your audio interface than the mono signal Smule will actually use. 

SVX_Aliz_AJ
2 minutes ago, opentype said:

If you route the signal through the effect processor, that’s the signal that Smule gets. So I wouldn’t know how Smule would remove certain effects. 

The only thing I can think of is that Smule’s effect suppress your effects a little bit. What effect setting do you choose in Smule? You probably want it on “Dry” if you aren’t already using that. And you want to make sure the gain is high enough. 

Another issue might be the conversion to mono. A stereo reverb/delay might sound better in your audio interface than mono signal Smule will actually use. 

Thank you so much, I'll keep testing!

LouELVIS

Ad a mixer. In line so you can rought properly and you will need. One more xlr jumper cable

LouELVIS

The mike cable will go into the Focusrite in to the mic inputs out will go to the mixer headphones go to mixer Or the Focusrite try that good luck