when you try to please, but then you screw it up

BrainDad

Yesterday happened something new to me, that made me feel bad.

I joined an OC of a girl , we have been following each other for some time (you know, you sounded great, you're fantastic ... the usual oc cumpliments).
Then I comment her that she has a beautiful voice, and may consider turning up her volume a notch.
She answers something about her having some problems with her device volume in the past, but that maybe I can fix it with my volume [I didn't get this until now that I'm writing it].
Then I tell her that never minds, that it may be just a question of a personal voice/backing volume balance preference.
After that, she says that she's going to delete the OC as she doesn't want to sound silly [WTF!]
I ask her not to do it, as she's sounding good, and I'm absolutely no pro and not entitled to give advise on sound settings or anything. 

Now, I may be a bit slow, but I begin perceiving something is going wrong, so I point out that english is not my mother tonge, and I might be sounding impolite for this reason, so I apologize if I said something unapropriate.
Then she deletes the OC and I'm pretty sure she blocked me, as she's no longer on my followed list, and if I try to follow again, I receive one of those smule errors ... "unable to update, try later".

Sorry for the billet, I'm just telling this here because I had it inside. I felt bad, as I may have offended her unwillingly, probably due to my non-native english language knowledge or my poor social skills or proper empathy. Surely she was thinking "This f***er is always overstepping me with his volume and he dares to suggest it is my volume what is wrong ..." and I didn't get it until now.

I shouldn't give a damn about this and forget it right now, but I have this bad habit of trying to please everyone, so being blocked by anyone got under my skin. Now that I'm telling it out loud, I supose can just forget about it.

opentype

That’s life. I can easily understand both sides. We connect with people on Smule and sometimes little things can break that connection again. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. 

Mrs_Trish

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've been  on Smule for a few years and during that time I've completely pissed people off who were special to me. I don't even know what I did on most, and several others I was just being a jackass and I guess people have low tolerance for that.  Either way, easy come/easy go. It's easy to get wrapped up in the drama but you have to remember, it's just karaoke. I take nothing seriously on there but many do (obviously she does). That's not what it's about to me. Perhaps you should try and adopt a bit of that 'eff it' attitude. It's more fun that way. 😂 

BrainDad

Sure thing! it's VERY childish worrying about something like this ... It was just that I had never been banned anywhere before. There is a firtst time for everything ... from here to internet troll xD

Once I've posted it here it's gone. You worked as shrinks ;) Thanks!

• clever! 1