Using my irig pro

Preston

Hi, I’m having issues hearing myself while recording on smule. I can only hear after uploading. I’m using a irig pro with a condenser mic with wireless headphones hooked up to my iPhone XR. I’m struggling to find out what I’m doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ty

opentype

Are you saying you hear the background music well, but not the voice while recording? That would be unrelated the use of the audio interface. 

The typical use with the iRig Pro I/O would be to connect wired headphones directly to the iRig Pro I/O. 

• like 1

_RamKrish1012

I am thinking aloud here. Since you are using a Condenser Mic have you switched it to 48V Phantom setting?. It is on the left hand side of the iRig Pro Unit. If not this could be the issue. if Yes we have to investigate it a bit more

• like 1

_RamKrish1012

Just realised you are using wireless head phones which would suggest the head phones are not connecting to iRig Pro but your phone. Dont believe iRig Pro has Blue tooth capabilities. Thinking aloud again, I might be wrong

• like 1

Preston

I can hear the music just not my voice while recording. My irig pro does not have a headphone jack 

_RamKrish1012

The Head phone Jack for the iRig Pro I/O is on the Right hand side with volume control and I have been using a wired headphone with iRig Pro I/O all along. Not sure if you have the same unit.

IK-IRIGPROIO.jpg

Preston

Nope I have a different model of the irig pro. I’m purchasing the irig pre & wired headphones, hope this fix’s music issue 😬 

_RamKrish1012

OK . Between you and me I will not buy an iRig Pre as it is very basic and the recorded sound is not half as good. I bought the iRig Pre first and it blew up on me too. Suggest you get the iRig Pro I/O with its own power supply as battery units means your recording can get bad mid way when battery is running low. I have experienced all this first hand.

iRig Pro I/O 48V Midi is what is best and you won't regret it.

The decision is yours ofcourse.

cheers

• like 1