Denying access to a user to see my profile

ST19

I want to absolutely prevent a user on Smule to access my profile, even from seeing my profile image status etc.

That user has already blocked me.

This user mentioned has technically done something to prevent me from accessing his profile (the message I got is attached as a screenshot)

Please do help me and oblige.

Screenshot_20210331-170252_Smule.jpg

opentype

If the user already blocked you, they don’t want to see anything from you on the app. There is not much more you would need to do.

It’s not possible to hide oneself completely from others at this time, since every Smule user has a public profile on the Smule website which guests can always access. 

• like 2

Isa_Bella

I also have the same problem.. I tried accessing my friends smule account but im getting this message.. 

"THE OPERATION COULDN'T BE COMPLETED. (MagicResponseErrorDomain error 1020)

Whats this means?

This is Smule's response to the blocking issue.  They cannot do it on the app so if someone blocks you now it will display this message "I.E they are now trying to stop anyone seeing a profile at all if your added to the blocked list".   I hope you friend is still a friend @stalkblock #stalkblock.. see this campaign on Smule also.

Campaign to protect users from stalkers and trolling. Basically trying to get smule to put proper user controls in place like no automatic follows. No other inbox (if you dont want it) etc..  

TheMajesticM
On 4/4/2021 at 10:35 AM, opentype said:

If the user already blocked you, they don’t want to see anything from you on the app. There is not much more you would need to do.

It’s not possible to hide oneself completely from others at this time, since every Smule user has a public profile on the Smule website which guests can always access. 

I have noticed the blockers can see still you inside the app. I tested it.  Smule needs to implement a complete block. I don’t want to see anyone I block, and I don’t want them to see me. Fair! 

• like 1

• 1 year later...
Anshuman

I tried to better myself by joining more than 15 time in a song of a user Sangi67  and kept on deleting the unsatisfactory joins. Suddenly all my joins with her got removed from my recordings and I am not able to access her profile. Does it means the person has blocked me ? Can you check the profile and confirm if it's working

I pondered as to how can somebody get so much annoyed just due to multiple joins? .....even she had appreciated my singing and I have admired such person for her singing. Hope it's only my guess and I am proved wrong.

Edited by Anshuman

opentype
3 minutes ago, Anshuman said:

Does it means the person has blocked me ? 

Yes, probably. 

3 minutes ago, Anshuman said:

I pondered as to how can somebody get so much annoyed just due to multiple joins?

Because they get tons of notifications and it clutters up their activity feed in the app.

Smule already has the ‘review stage’ after the recording, where you can check your join and start over if necessary. If you want to try 15 times, that’s totally fine, but you should only actually upload one join. 

• like 2

• 2 weeks later...
TheMajesticM
On 4/12/2021 at 8:00 AM, ST19 said:

What is this #Stockblock?

It’s called Stalk Block. It was a good idea but it has not gone as planned. There are stalkers/predators  in the group. I know it for a fact. I was very optimistic about the group, being a survivor of a stalker/predator  on the app, but I was suspicious too because I did not know the motives of the man initiating the campaign. If I were guessing, just a guess, I don’t think the man has ever been stalked on the app, had not heard of it if he had, and when I questioned him about the three accounts he had created for the group, he got very defensive and I never did understand why. I politely told him to stop following me. I don’t know his story, if there is one, but I did not understand the three accounts and one is still following me, and I cannot bump it because it has been suspended by Smule, which raised another alarm to me.

And then yesterday one of the male members had begun following me and singing with me and I had joined him as well but it ended when he sent me a private message. I felt his message was inappropriate. To make sure I ask my husband to read it, and my husband agreed it he was a predator and he told me to block him and that is what I did. 

It really annoys me that these people are using this app for this type of behavior. I just want to sing but I have to keep my guard up and I am old. I’m very attractive for my age but I’ll never be that hard up. 

Edited by TheMajesticM

DuetWithAlli
On 8/3/2022 at 3:26 AM, Anshuman said:

I tried to better myself by joining more than 15 time in a song of a user Sangi67  and kept on deleting the unsatisfactory joins. Suddenly all my joins with her got removed from my recordings and I am not able to access her profile. Does it means the person has blocked me ? Can you check the profile and confirm if it's working

I pondered as to how can somebody get so much annoyed just due to multiple joins? .....even she had appreciated my singing and I have admired such person for her singing. Hope it's only my guess and I am proved wrong.

Yeah, it’s annoying to have the same person join a song multiple times. Some people like to genuinely interact with those who join their songs, but it would be exhausting to do that 15 times over. If you’re joining a celebrity or power user who won’t know or care, sing it as many times as you like. But a regular person will probably block you for that.

A couple more points: one, I don’t like people to spend more time on me than I spend on them. I do my songs in one take, so I don’t expect more than that. And two, maybe the user who blocked you has bad experiences with stalking and harassment on Smule, and blocked you as a precaution. 

If you make singing on Smule less than enjoyable experience for someone, that person might block you. It’s usually nothing personal. 

• like 1

Anshuman
12 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

I do my songs in one take, so I don’t expect more than that.

Agreed, you would be an expert in singing that I am not. Further.. the recording in its preview is different in volume, reverb etc...from the outcome after it is posted

Could you please advise me a good setup with Iphone for crisp recording (iphone earbuds sound too husky ). I do promise not to stalk or harass anybody else😃

DuetWithAlli

@Anshuman I’m definitely no expert. It’s more like, I don’t know anything at all about sound quality. There are numerous threads on this forum about different configurations to get the best sound, and I would recommend checking those out or starting a new thread to ask the real experts.

Personally, I use an iPad with EarPods. The reason being, I can’t hear myself if I’m wearing over the ear headphones or earbuds. And I need to be able to hear myself.

• like 1

TheMajesticM
On 8/3/2022 at 3:26 AM, Anshuman said:

You seem kind and I am sure you didn’t think about the annoying notifications but, yes, there are prudes on the app who would probably block you instead of nicely explaining to you how to restart a song without saving to avoid the repetitive notifications. You learned a valuable lesson. You really should be thankful they blocked you. 

Happy Singing! 

• like 1