Echo went crazy after last update

Jmatherly2

After the latest update the Echo and reverb adjustments went crazy, anything more than 1% makes reverb,echo go off the charts using Galaxy S10 except for using the default setup when you load the song...

• like 1

LouELVIS

I found same thing now i turn there effects all the way down and use my effects of my units and only add smules when needed

tamj64

My husband and I are both having this same reverb issue. Any setting over 0% is so badly echo filled, it is useless to use. Used to really enjoy setting the reverb and reverb character to just the right setting. Now, just have to leave them off. Hope there is a fix coming for this so I can enjoy using it again??

• like 1

Jmatherly2

Yes that's what I do also, I use mixers at home but when i'm out in my mobile I don't carry them. I like to browse Smule during lunch breaks and while waiting for appointments. The last few set of updates have really been rough I hope that they get a handle on some of these problems !   

LGFITNESS
On 3/28/2021 at 10:43 AM, Jmatherly2 said:

After the latest update the Echo and reverb adjustments went crazy, anything more than 1% makes reverb,echo go off the charts using Galaxy S10 except for using the default setup when you load the song...

On 3/30/2021 at 11:14 AM, LouELVIS said:

Here are the units i use for effects happy singing friends

20210220_134337_HDR.jpg

Wow! I thought I used “fancy” audio equipment to sing in Smule! LOL 😂 Super cool!  

I’ve had some echo/phantom issues happening to me as well after these latest Smule updates.  I use a Saramonic SmartRig in the lowest possible setting and try to keep Smule vocal and reverb settings below or up to 50%. Depending on the type of audio reverb, I can’t go any higher than 30%, otherwise, it creates way too much echo.  I usually use my iPad to sing in Smule so this type of audio issue is happening with iOS devices as well...Thanks for sharing this and happy singing to you as well! 

Jmatherly2

Now the problem is I have no feed back in my head phones when singing ,  I like a little bit just easier to keep time I think. Don't why it went a way , I have to use other methods to hear my voice when singing can be a pain..

LouELVIS

I use varry little SMULE echo I turn everything dry on echo record with my effects then add SMULE echo as needed😉

LouELVIS

This will be my newest toy I chose it over Manny other sound cards I reviewed can't wait 😉

Screenshot_20210407-141607.png

Yeah I had the same thing, you adjust the reverb even slightly and the echo went nuts.  Lucky (Yet again) they have had to put a fix in place.  I hate who programs this app.  They put something new in and always break the basics :(.  My android app is fine again now.  Just had an update again V 8.3.5..  You look at the version history of this app those most of the time its just fixing BEEP UPS!..

https://sing-karaoke-by-smule.en.uptodown.com/android/versions

Isa_Bella

I created my own Style Fix, I go on Dry style with no echo's and it works fine with me.. 

• 4 weeks later...
LouELVIS

Well I got the K300 sound card and the way I use it is it go through Bluetooth on my phone and use my IRIG mic pre hooked to my mogami gold XLR cable hooked to my shure sm58 beta microphone to sing on🙂 happy singing friends 😉

photostudio_1620049499068.jpg

LouELVIS

Here were is got my unit if anyone is interested I ordered mine through the GEEK app it can be found in playstore 🙂

Jmatherly2

I like it , I used something similar a V8, V8S sound cards very sensitive though you have set up carefully or sometimes risk the recordings will double up like reverb , it's hit and miss with me, I'm always rerouting the the cables trying different configurations.