Jump to content

FAVOURITES ON SMULE


_RamKrish1012

Recommended Posts

_RamKrish1012

When a Member Joins Smule and is all excited about singing online with strangers and feeling good about it, it is but natural to start "favourite"ing songs and before we realise you have reached the 500 Limit. After that for every song you wish to favourite you have to delete an old one to make space. Which one to delete is the question that takes a bit of thinking but the real problem is having to scroll down 500 songs to delete some of the oldest.

There has to be an alternate way to Capture special songs and special moments on the Computer more than the Mob Phone and be able to play it at random as we are busy doing some work on the Computer. I am yet to figure this out. I am aware many of us are in the same boat.  I am yet to figure out the use # tags and its benefits

Any suggestions from experts?

Ram

Link to post
Share on other sites
opentype

Personally, I think the limit is reasonable as it is. After all, it’s not collabs you like – that’s what the like button is for. It’s your favorites. If I ask someone about their favorite food or favorite musicians, they won’t list thousands. Favorites by definition is a small number. 

I’m on Smule for years and only have a little over 100 collabs marked as favorite. 

But I will usually play my favorite songs offline anyway, i.e. I download them and then play them from my phone or computer. 

That being said, I wouldn’t mind a playlist feature in the app, which would allow me to collect songs based on whatever criteria I want. Having just the favorites is of course very limiting. 

Follow me on Smule: https://smule.com/opentype 

Link to post
Share on other sites
_RamKrish1012

I accept and acknowledge what you are saying. When you are new to Smule you favourite a lot and fill up the 500 before you even realise and then one is stuck in the rut.

Now what is the best way to down load them on Mac. Id like to also separate the audios and video duets. Can a collection of fav video duets be made into You Tube for personal use ? What is the Max number of songs that can be accomodated in You Tube Clip ?

I am sorry I know I am asking too many questions 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites
Aargo2017

One way to get around the 500 song limit is to create a group where you will be the sole member. In that group you can save as many favorites you want.

  • like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
_RamKrish1012
12 hours ago, Aargo2017 said:

One way to get around the 500 song limit is to create a group where you will be the sole member. In that group you can save as many favorites you want.

Wow "An amazing Out of the Box Solution" If I choose a song how, say a duet with a singing partner how do I save it to the Group. May be a stupid question but I am asking as I am not familiar with groups. I created one that did not work out and not able to delete it either. I have also noticed many using #Tags of all sorts. how do hast tags work as I have never explored the concept.

Thank You Argo Matey. You made my Day

Ram

Link to post
Share on other sites
Aargo2017
30 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Wow "An amazing Out of the Box Solution" If I choose a song how, say a duet with a singing partner how do I save it to the Group. May be a stupid question but I am asking as I am not familiar with groups. I created one that did not work out and not able to delete it either. I have also noticed many using #Tags of all sorts. how do hast tags work as I have never explored the concept.

Thank You Argo Matey. You made my Day

Ram

Please go to the group you created. There will be a button called Add Post with a + sign. Click on that. It will take you to a page with two tabs called My Channel & My Invites. Both the tabs will lead you to pages which will have radio buttons against each song. All you have to do is fill in as many radio buttons you want and then click Post button which will appear below the screen. Once you do that your group will be populated with the songs you have chosen. The only caveat in this method is you may get some requests from some interested people may want to join this group. You can ignore these requests. You can write a description of the group stating that it is just a private space not a group in real sense. That may reduce such requests.

Regarding hashtags it is just a way to search and show the songs which have the same hashtag if you click on the tag. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
_RamKrish1012

Thanks. I now have a groups with some of my fav songs. followed your instructions. I don't know what you meant by radio buttons but the circle button worked. Now how do I auto play these selections when I am doing some other work ?

Re Hash Tags is it possible to add hash tags after the recordings have been uploaded by smule ?

Thank you in advance, Cheers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Aargo2017
20 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Thanks. I now have a groups with some of my fav songs. followed your instructions. I don't know what you meant by radio buttons but the circle button worked. Now how do I auto play these selections when I am doing some other work ?

Re Hash Tags is it possible to add hash tags after the recordings have been uploaded by smule ?

Thank you in advance, Cheers

 

Yes. Radio buttons are the circular buttons. You can add hashtags after recording has been uploaded if you are the one who first created the recording. If you have joined somebody you can't create it. Sorry I don't know how to auto play the selections.

Link to post
Share on other sites
_RamKrish1012
13 minutes ago, Aargo2017 said:

Yes. Radio buttons are the circular buttons. You can add hashtags after recording has been uploaded if you are the one who first created the recording. If you have joined somebody you can't create it. Sorry I don't know how to auto play the selections.

That's a Pity as that is what I had in mind hashtagging my joins which are worth tagging. Thanks again

Link to post
Share on other sites
Aargo2017
5 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

That's a Pity as that is what I had in mind hashtagging my joins which are worth tagging. Thanks again

While you can't hashtag in the song description of your joins - you can either request the person whom you have joined to do do Or you can use hashtag in the comment section.

Link to post
Share on other sites
_RamKrish1012
22 hours ago, Aargo2017 said:

While you can't hashtag in the song description of your joins - you can either request the person whom you have joined to do do Or you can use hashtag in the comment section.

Not sure if I follow fully. Only a small number of my singing partners include Hashtags in their invites. I don't send too many invites and have never used hashtags not knowing how it can be used. Personally I am not interested in my joins. Some of my friends are awesome singers and I would like to collect some of their solos so I can listen to when in the mood. For example how do I go about hashtagging and gathering a collection of your Solos which I can add to the group I have created for saving special songs ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Aargo2017
3 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Not sure if I follow fully. Only a small number of my singing partners include Hashtags in their invites. I don't send too many invites and have never used hashtags not knowing how it can be used. Personally I am not interested in my joins. Some of my friends are awesome singers and I would like to collect some of their solos so I can listen to when in the mood. For example how do I go about hashtagging and gathering a collection of your Solos which I can add to the group I have created for saving special songs ?

 

 As far as I know in the group you create you can add only songs that appear on your channel i.e. your joins or solos or your invites.. If you want to add solos of other people Favoriting seems to be the only way. I too don't use hashtags much. I only use it occasionally to indicate the original artists of the song for e.g. #kishorekumar. So if someone does a search using this hashtag then they get a list of all the songs which have been tagged #kishorekumar. But some people use hashtags for their solos like #xyzSolos so that you can search for that tag and find out the solo songs sung by xyz. If your friends are not using hashtags then only way is to search using their User IDs but then you will get the duets also along with the solo as the search results.

Link to post
Share on other sites
_RamKrish1012

Thanks a Tonne for taking the Time to explain. Thank you for the suggestion of creating a Group to save all my new favourites. It is so cool . Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now