Sound/latency suddenly terrible after recent update (iPhone)

AKAfrankie

Since the update this past week, my Smule app is completely usable on both of my devices (iPhone and iPad, both running the most recent OS). The latency is unbearable and it sounds like both the track and the vox are underwater they're so garbled. I've been a VIP user since 2016. Never seen (heard) anything like it. The only thing that has changed between today and the last time I used the app last weekend, was this update. It's now unusable. I put in a help request yesterday over 24 hours ago, but have yet to hear anything. I understand they may be a small team, but when you pay over $100 a year for the privilege of using their app, I expect at least an acknowledgement of my help request within a few hours. If they can't do this, time to pony up for more employees, or reduce the cost of their app. I'm livid. No recourse except for waiting for when they might get around to addressing my extremely valid issue. Not a good look when I'm less than a month from having to decide whether to continue my VIP membership. 

Anyone else experiencing this? I've cleared cache and tested on both my iPad and iPhone. Regardless of the filter, it sounds the same: garbled, underwater, unlistenable. I've also recorded vocal audio using the same mic (iRig) and headphone set up in another app and it works flawlessly, so the issue isn't with my mic or hardware.