Smule live singing with Yorkville Pgm8 mixer

nehsan70

Hello, I bought a Yorkville Pgm8 mixer today and plugged my iPhone with RCA audio cable. I have Shure PG58 wireless microphones. As soon as I tried to increase the vocals volume for Smule song on mixer I got very bad feedback. When I play the same track from YouTube I don’t get that feedback at all and I can play that song very well.
Before I had a Bluetooth system and had no problem with Smule songs. As soon as I plugged RCA audio cable to my phone I get this problem playing Smule songs.

I tried my best to resolve the issue with no luck. Please advise.

Thanks 

Naeem

mixer.jpg

opentype

I think you use the wrong cable from the mixer to the phone. You would need another splitter there to make sure the mixer signal is going in only as microphone signal and you would have another socket for headphones. 

A regular RCA cable will only work as a headphone cable. Plugging a headphone cable into the phone will turn off the microphone channel and the phone will switch to the internal microphone. And that would explain why you get feedback. 

nehsan70

Thank you so much my friend. Can you please explain it a bit more. Please write the name of the cable and splitters. I went to Cosmo music and even they could not understand.

Thanks and really appreciate 

opentype

I don’t know what phone you have, but assuming it has an analog headphone socket, something like this should work:

51EPPcDHnfL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

It’s a Y-splitter to separate the microphone and headphone signal. You would connect the RCA cable from the mixer to the microphone socket and headphones to the headphone socket. 

No guarantees though. 😉 

_RamKrish1012

I have my doubt if the phone will recognise & accept an external microphone especially a wireless microphone phone without a mob phone interface. This is what I am thinking but I may be wrong