LG Phones are aweome to record on Smule

• 1 year later...
DennisEastwood

Hey LouElvis, 

i'm looking at buying a refurbished LG phone just for using it with Smule because it has the 3.5mm Jack.
I used to sing in the car with a Xiaomi phone which had a 3.5mm jack + great noise cancelling headset and this sounded great but i kept having issues with glitches and some kind of weird distortion on recordings. I had to clear cache and open Smule again. Did u ever experience that with your LG? 

My new phone is a 2022 model Xiaomi which works flawlessly without glitches but it has a USB-C connector which requires an external USB-C tot 3.5mm converter (DAC) .. No matter how expensive the DAC is the microphone sound is terrible compared to the 3.5mm on my old phone.

Do you have any experiences with older LG phones and Smule? like the V30, V40 etc.. I'm willing to spend some money to get it right but don't want to replace my main phone completely. 

BTW i'm using an iPhone SE to record at home with a condenser mic. But that has the same issue with my headset in the car. So, i think 3.5mm is the way to go.

Isa_Bella
On 3/16/2021 at 4:12 AM, LouELVIS said:

I use the LG V60 HOW ABOUT YOU?

I'm using the SAMSON G TRACK PRO  - All you need is the the Apple Lighting to USB 3 Camera Adapter to connect to your phone or camera adapter to USB to connect to Android phone..  Just Plug and sing.. 

Professional sounding recordings shouldn't require an advanced degree in engineering. In your home studio or recording on the road, G-Track Pro allows you to focus on your recording and less on the process. G-Track Pro is a USB microphone with an instrument input and mixer for recording two independent audio channels at one time. With the ability to capture your audio at 24-bit/96kHz, your recordings will deliver extremely detailed, high-resolution results. With plug-and-play connectivity and a straightforward design, G-Track Pro is the right choice for musicians, podcasters or streamers.

Dual 1" (25mm) large-diaphragm condenser capsules captures the detail and nuance of your voice or instrument. Offering three selectable pickup patters (cardioid, omnidirectional and birdirectional), G-Track Pro provides the flexibility for any project. The front panel Mic gain control, so you always get the best signal level no matter where the mic is placed.

samson Track Pro.PNG

samson.1.PNG

samson.2.PNG