Android users, do voice feedback and Live work for you?

sZHMX

We all know that android is notorious for its latency. But taking a look at superpowered website, there are few phones that have latency similar to iPhones. My fellow android users, if voice feedback and Live works on your phone without latency, which phone are you using? It'll help other users pick a phone in the future too.

Edited by sZHMX

RockMeSlowly

Live always has latency for one of the two people, it just glitches with Android. 

The latency being worse is caused by the real time speed of the internet connection. Go to a website that can measures your wifi connection speed, you'll notice that it's constantly fluctuating.  That's due to how many people are on your tower, if you're throttled by your provider etc. 

It's hard to notice small differences in speed when you join stuff, but in live it's huge. Connection speed = latency. 

Call someone else on their cell phone who's also standing near you... try any service (zoom, skype normal cell phone) and you'll hear a delay in what they say on the phone and in the room. That's what's happening on Smule.  Both singers in live are on different speeds of connection.

Edited by RockMeSlowly

LouELVIS

Don't use usb to record use  analog gear its what I do with everything I record no latency problems

sZHMX
1 hour ago, LouELVIS said:

Don't use usb to record use  analog gear its what I do with everything I record no latency problems

What's your set up? And which phone are you using?

sZHMX
On 3/5/2021 at 8:01 AM, RockMeSlowly said:

Live always has latency for one of the two people, it just glitches with Android. 

The latency being worse is caused by the real time speed of the internet connection. Go to a website that can measures your wifi connection speed, you'll notice that it's constantly fluctuating.  That's due to how many people are on your tower, if you're throttled by your provider etc. 

It's hard to notice small differences in speed when you join stuff, but in live it's huge. Connection speed = latency. 

Call someone else on their cell phone who's also standing near you... try any service (zoom, skype normal cell phone) and you'll hear a delay in what they say on the phone and in the room. That's what's happening on Smule.  Both singers in live are on different speeds of connection.

But latency is more than just internet connection though. It's the fault in android itself. That's why voice feedback is late and unusable in most android phones.

RockMeSlowly
4 hours ago, sZHMX said:

But latency is more than just internet connection though. It's the fault in android itself. That's why voice feedback is late and unusable in most android phones.

What's the technical reason behind it? I don't have an iPhone. 

sZHMX
4 minutes ago, RockMeSlowly said:

What's the technical reason behind it? I don't have an iPhone. 

https://superpowered.com/androidaudiopathlatency

There's an app which tests your phone's latency. From the list, there are some phones having similar latency to iPhones. Let me know how much latency you got. Mine is around 300ms (RIP me). Live and voice feedback totally unusable sadly.

sZHMX
10 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

On audiotester, there seems to be close to zero latency for me.  I have an LG V40. 

Did you download the app from the superpowered website? Test it using that app. Nice phone btw quad dac and all. 

https://superpowered.com/latency

LouELVIS

I have a LGV60 I HAVE NO PROBLEM RECORDING OR PLAYING BACK AND ITS A ANDROID PHONE on smule

sZHMX
7 minutes ago, LouELVIS said:

I have a LGV60 I HAVE NO PROBLEM RECORDING OR PLAYING BACK AND ITS A ANDROID PHONE on smule

Wow another LG phone. Is the voice feedback accurate? Is it usable?

Edited by sZHMX
I thought another user replied lol

LouELVIS

Then I must have close to zero latency cuz I have the best LG phone made LG -V60 which is their flagship phone

LouELVIS

I had the lgv30 before that still have it needs a new battery they want $119 for the battery replacement

LouELVIS

I use shure headphones sheep fully enclosed headphones 🎧 no speaker feedback

RockMeSlowly
On 3/11/2021 at 5:49 PM, LouELVIS said:

In my opinion Samsung's are horrible compared to the LG

Absolutely accurate.  The Samsung phones are always flawed.  I've owned four of them because I'm apparently a masochist. lol

LouELVIS

Look into the LG-V60 IT WILL ROCK YOU I GOT THE DUEL SCREEN WORKS PERFECT WITH MY IRIG MIC PRE