Can someone explain me what Picture Size is the best for Group Profile Picture?

Dopenizz

Hello everyone,

is here someone who can explain to me the size my Banner needs?

I tried everything from 200x200 up to 2000x2000 but the picture always getting pixelated.

When I open the JPG on my Computer and zoom in to it, it doesn't look like in my Group.

So I asked myself, what is the right pixel amount I need...after 10-15 try's I stopped working on it, and now I'm here to ask.

Would be very kind if here is someone who got some Ideas...

It always looks like a pixelated mess...no matter what size my JPG is.

I attached my 2 Pictures (One on PC and one after loading into my Group Banner area) to show my Problem.

Thanks for every one who can help!

BannerOnPC.jpg

MobileVersionBanner.jpg

Edited by Dopenizz

opentype

I had a look at the values used on the website. On the group page, the used dimensions are 320×180, which is a 16:9 ratio, but the accepted and used images can apparently have a width of 512 pixels and anything outside the 16:9 ratio is simply hidden. 

So based on that alone, it would appear that an ideal size is 512×288. 
I would highly recommend to create your image in that 16:9 ratio and not as a square image for example. 

It could also be the case the images are cached for while, so if you make changes, you might not instantly see the results. 

Dopenizz
50 minutes ago, opentype said:

I had a look at the values used on the website. On the group page, the used dimensions are 320×180, which is a 16:9 ratio, but the accepted and used images can apparently have a width of 512 pixels and anything outside the 16:9 ratio is simply hidden. 

So based on that alone, it would appear that an ideal size is 512×288. 
I would highly recommend to create your image in that 16:9 ratio and not as a square image for example. 

It could also be the case the images are cached for while, so if you make changes, you might not instantly see the results. 

First, thanks for this 16:9 ratio hint, good to know, but didn't solved my problem.

But I fixed it in another way. If you upload your picture direct through the Website on PC it'll be saved in so much better quality.

So if someone is looking for this in the future, the right way is uploading via website instead of inside the mobile-app.

Thread can be Closed.

• like 1

• 2 months later...
gda_dragonic

Hi Dopenizz ! 😊

I had the same problem as you (group picture pixelated).

To resolve it, I had uploaded it via my PC, instead of mobile. And it works... without any change and with the same image.

I think there is a "bug" with the upload of groups images, because the behaviour is different with picture and background of profile, which havn't such a problem.

Good luck.