New Problem on Smule: "Recordings and Invites Get Locked for no Reason"

_RamKrish1012

I Smule partner sent me a noite saying several recordings of her duets with others were now locked and her Invites were also locked and no one is able to Join. I had no answers for her and asked her to make sure her Subscription had not run out and then I turned Smule on and realised many of the songs I had bookmarked would not load saying Content not found and another invite said "Locked" . If it was locked then I would not have seen the invite in the first place to Book Mark it. With every new software updates we end up with newer problems on Smule.

First two images are from my friends phone and the last is my iPad last night

Locked 1.jpeg

Locked 2.jpeg

Locked 3.jpeg

opentype

The lock symbol just means it was set to “private” and that can be done even after invites were already sent out, in which case the invites remains visible to everyone invited. 

Anyway, the solution would be to edit the songs and set them to public again. 

If she is absolutely sure she hasn’t changed the privacy of these songs herself, I would also change the password, since it could have been done by someone else with access to the account. 

Aargo2017

Even I am having this problem. I couldn't join my own invites.  I changed the private setting to public and saved the settings. And then I looked at the settings again I found that it has reverted back to private.

Aargo2017

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us!

Smule works with songwriters to make sure their work is recognized. Sometimes, songwriters have very specific views on how and where they want their music to appear. If the rights holder asks us to restrict or remove content, we comply with that.

Due to the above reason, some of your recordings might appear private now. We are always working to build new and better relationships with more and more songwriters, so we hope that this will change in the future.

Thanks for your understanding!

Smule Support Team

I received the above response from Smule.

_RamKrish1012

This is a Cop out. Same song from same uploader has been used by others and not locked. This is Zen Desk letting off hot air instead of passing the problem to the developers. I suspect some error in software coding with their zillion upgrades

_RamKrish1012
On 1/26/2021 at 6:20 AM, harshad911 said:

I went on their website, in my account but I do not see lock their...it only appears on device. I am using iPhone....pls check yours....Thanks

If I make some recording "Private and Lock it", then you cannot see my locked songs on my Personal Profile, but I can. Say you lock a song, I cannot see it either. That is how Privacy is Protected. I can make an invite Private instead of Public and invite select friends to join and they will be able to see it and join the invite but no one else

harshad911

I know that option., bur here randomly some songs became private and locked without your knowledge. This is the response I received from Smule team......

Smule Support Team (Smule) 

Jan 27, 2021, 13:07 GMT+2 

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

Recently, one of Smule’s license partners has decided to no longer license their content to Smule, and they have asked that we remove arrangements of their songs from our platform. Recordings made using these arrangements that were made prior to the termination of our license may remain on our platform, but no new recordings may be created.  This essentially means that some songs from the Songbook have been removed and some of your existing performances have been set to ‘Private’ permanently. 

We understand that our users are disappointed when such content is removed, and we make a significant effort to license as much content as possible, but some music rights holders decide not to license their content from time to time. In such cases, Smule has no choice but to remove the content as requested.

Thanks for your understanding!

Smule Support Team

_RamKrish1012

Not at all True. The song that was locked for my friend has been sung and recorded and invited by others and they were not blocked. Zen Desk giving all sorts of excuses without investigating the problem.

Harshad,  "Yeh Nayan Dare Dare" that were blocked for example is still available on Smule for members to sing

• 1 month later...
Smiladev

I have the same problem. Many of my invites and some of my collabs are getting locked on its own. I have also tried to edit it. However , it is going back to being locked.