Organising recordings...

LumiMartin

Dear Sir/ Madam,

For those of us who have a few hundreds of recordings (or more!), I find it extremely tedious, time-consuming and untidy having to scroll down the list to find a recording.

Can Smule app developers try and tidy up the profile "look and feel" by - ideally - introducing, perhaps, the option of organising the recordings onto separate folders (by artist or genre for example, or free-style/ custom-named folders), OR AT LEAST a Search function for the recordings listing, so the user can look for a song he/ she recorded, by artist's name or song's title etc.?

This would be not only a great feature to add, but also a necessary tool in making the user-experience tidier, crisper and a bit more organised. Right now, having to scroll through hundreds of recordings looks and feels a bit messy and... rudimentary.

I personally have almost 700 recordings, I find it very difficult to fetch an older recording by going down the memory lane and then scrolling down through countless items to be able to track down a certain recording...

Many thanks and I look forward to receving your response!

Regards,

Lumi Martin

• love it! 3

opentype
On 7/20/2017 at 11:59 AM, LumiMartin said:

OR AT LEAST a Search function for the recordings listing, so the user can look for a song he/ she recorded, by artist's name or song's title etc.?

That works already. The search function got a major overhaul a while ago. You can now put almost anything in it. “username_1 username_2” to search for collabs with a specific person. “your_username song_title” to search for your recordings of a specific song and so on. 

Personally, I just have two types of collabs: The ones that were just for the moment (which I probably will never listen to again) and the “very good ones”. The latter I download and/or set as favourite. That way they stay accessible. So in my case, I wouldn’t really know what to do with folders. 

And of course there are also tags for the songs you opened. You can set anything you like to group your songs. Musical genres, collabs with a certain person and so on. 

LumiMartin

Thank you, "Opentype".

I didn't know one can search like that. Was this search function advertised somewhere at the time it was launched? Could you direct me to the respective tutorial/ promotion piece of info?

Many thanks once again for your prompt response!