Playing of old recordings (more than 7-8 months) not working. Does anyone else having this problem?

GEWOK

It seems we can no longer play my old recordings after about 7-8 months.   It used to be when we attempt to play, it just wait for a while (10-20s) before playing (probably to retrieve it from slower archive storage).   But in the last 1-2 months or so, the waiting (running circle) never finished, and I can no longer access old recordings.   This happens on both mobile and desktop version.  Just wonder if anyone else have the same issue.

_RamKrish1012

In three years I have recorded over 9K duets, so averaging 3K recordings a year. I decided to check and scrolled back one whole year to Jan 2019 and over 3K songs I presume. It took a lot of time to scroll down 3K songs. I picked one at Random one and it loaded and played the recording "No Problem". I have noticed that sometimes it takes a bit of time to load and probably dependent on how many people are logged in and singing and also how strong the internet and WiFi Connection is. I have abandoned efforts to sing on Smule a few times as uploads were hanging in space with the wheel spinning for ever and then got a message to say "upload failed" TRy again. Tried half a dozen times and abandoned the process.. I am quite lucky that I am in a different zone to USA and Europe. This is my just my personal observations and not necessarily an explanation for what you are all experiencing

_RamKrish1012
2 hours ago, Danny_McSmule said:

Yes. Many of my old recordings either won’t play or the sound is horrible. I also wish we could choose to have recordings in both Channel and Favorites listed OLDEST first. I don’t even look at Favorites because I reached the limit and it takes FOREVER to constantly scroll down to the end of the list!

I have requested Smule several times for a simple option to Reverse the list of Invites and book marked invites so I can sing the one at the Top as it expires first and not have to scroll down 70 bookmarks every time. In Fact it the Invite notifications list can be reversed to show the oldest at the top then we may not even have to bookmark invites and sing before the invite expires.

Such suggestions seem to fall on deaf ears at the Zen Desk at Smule.

It would be also nice if we smule members can copy all our recordings on to a hard disk so we can play it on our computers without the need for Internet connections to Connect with smule.

Smule I presume will progressively delete all older recordings as their database grows unwieldy which I think is already happening at smule. All weekend my recording uploads failed and it was blamed on my Internet connection which is not right as WiFi signals were strong. It is just Smule Buckling under overload.

• 6 months later...
Meenaa balaguru
On 1/4/2021 at 2:46 AM, tvuong98 said:

It seems we can no longer play my old recordings after about 7-8 months.   It used to be when we attempt to play, it just wait for a while (10-20s) before playing (probably to retrieve it from slower archive storage).   But in the last 1-2 months or so, the waiting (running circle) never finished, and I can no longer access old recordings.   This happens on both mobile and desktop version.  Just wonder if anyone else have the same issue.

I too have this same issue

Vuong13

Hm, for me that issue was gone after a few months.  It seems Smule have fixed that.   All old songs play fine (2+ years ago), you just have to wait until it's pulled from the archive (could take a minute).   On the desktop, it sends back an indication for user to wait/ and signal when it's done - but on the iPhone  (maybe Android too), there is no indication, it just hung for a long time.   Not to say it won't happen again.   Smule is constantly changing their software, and these issues/bugs keep on popping up.

DuetWithAlli

Yes, I see that my old recordings are playing fine now as well. When I had issues with this, I think it would say “optimizing your recording” … I don’t even remember now haha. But I just clicked through about ten recordings in order and kept clicking on them from top to bottom and they would play eventually. But now it’s letting me play recordings from five years ago with no wait time.