Jump to content

Can we have autoplay back please


Pablo3672

Recommended Posts

Could Smule please give us a choice of auto play? I don’t want to listen to the same song over and over, but if I did, I’d just turn the auto play off 

Link to post
Share on other sites
linnette949

I have asked the same thing!   And, here is their response: 

"we would like to note that this is part of the new changes we've introduced in order to improve the overall user experience." 

HA!  HOW DOES HEARING THE SAME SONG OVER AND OVER IMPROVE THE OVERALL USER EXPERIENCE?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn’t lol it’s like the new songs styles they added too many special effects and with,the video filters it use to be simple and easy .

Link to post
Share on other sites
DuetWithAlli

Smule added autoplay back to favorites so now you can listen to your favorites like a playlist again. Yay! But I wish they would stop the continuous looping of the same song, or at least give users the option to have autoplay again and the ability to toggle it off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2020 at 3:00 PM, Dean_UK said:

It doesn’t lol it’s like the new songs styles they added too many special effects and with,the video filters it use to be simple and easy .

Some of the new vids are just rediculous. It’s hard to see yourself performing, let alone people that have joined you. And it would be better to go back to being able to choose the vid style and voice style separately. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, DuetWithAlli said:

Smule added autoplay back to favorites so now you can listen to your favorites like a playlist again. Yay! But I wish they would stop the continuous looping of the same song, or at least give users the option to have autoplay again and the ability to toggle it off.

I’ll check that out. Thanks fir that, although I wish the auto play could be back on the channel and the invites. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Joshua96813
On 12/21/2020 at 3:03 AM, DuetWithAlli said:

Smule added autoplay back to favorites so now you can listen to your favorites like a playlist again. Yay! But I wish they would stop the continuous looping of the same song, or at least give users the option to have autoplay again and the ability to toggle it off.

How can I turn that damn autoplay off in the Android app? It's driving me crazy!!! First it started looping the same song over and over, and now it jumps to the next song in whatever list the song is in, which is even worse than looping the same song. If I want to choose to repeat the same song or go back to the list and choose another song (like it used to be), give me the choice! Just like the new styles feature, Smule keeps forcing things on us that we don't want and didn't ask for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
linnette949

Autoplay is not what is doing that.  We want AUTOPLAY!  Autoplay used to play the next song and continue on playing songs in succession.  "Autoplay" meant "play the next song."  But, there was the option to toggle it off.  Perfect.  But, now that Autoplay has been removed, the same song plays over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.  And, yes, it drives me CRAZY, too!

But, I don't have an android, so maybe mine is behaving differently than yours.   I WANT my songs to autoplay, one after the other (or have the ability to toggle off).  I do not want the same song to repeat forever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
linnette949

I don't see that favorites has Autoplay like there was before.  Autoplay is when the next song in the list is played in succession.  That is not happening.  The same song keeps repeating over and over!   Why?   I want autoplay like it was before the changes.  The next song is played.  And, there was also the option to toggle autoplay off if you did not want the next song to automatically play (autoplay).  Choices.  

On 12/21/2020 at 5:03 AM, DuetWithAlli said:

Smule added autoplay back to favorites so now you can listen to your favorites like a playlist again. Yay! But I wish they would stop the continuous looping of the same song, or at least give users the option to have autoplay again and the ability to toggle it off.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Joshua96813
55 minutes ago, linnette949 said:

Autoplay is not what is doing that.  We want AUTOPLAY!  Autoplay used to play the next song and continue on playing songs in succession.  "Autoplay" meant "play the next song."  But, there was the option to toggle it off.  Perfect.  But, now that Autoplay has been removed, the same song plays over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.  And, yes, it drives me CRAZY, too!

But, I don't have an android, so maybe mine is behaving differently than yours.   I WANT my songs to autoplay, one after the other (or have the ability to toggle off).  I do not want the same song to repeat forever.

Well then, if autoplay isn't what's causing another song to play automatically, then what is causing it? At least if the song I'm playing starts looping, I can pause it so that I can hit the like button or leave a comment. When it automatically jumps to another song, then I don't have a chance to do that, and I have to go back. Perhaps some users enjoy the surprise of having some other song start playing unexpectedly, but I don't like it at all. Grrr!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Joshua96813
25 minutes ago, linnette949 said:

I don't see that favorites has Autoplay like there was before.  Autoplay is when the next song in the list is played in succession.  That is not happening.  The same song keeps repeating over and over!   Why?   I want autoplay like it was before the changes.  The next song is played.  And, there was also the option to toggle autoplay off if you did not want the next song to automatically play (autoplay).  Choices.  

 

I never noticed an autoplay toggle switch in my Favorites list before, so I just checked and don't see any such option for that in my Favorites list now, or any other list either. The only place I've seen an autoplay toggle switch is when I access Smule through my web browser. Why, Smule? WHY? (I gave up asking them a long time ago, because they never answer.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
linnette949

I think we may be talking about two different things.  Here is what I am referring to.  Example:  I am cleaning house and just want to listen to some of my songs I have sung in the past. I choose a song from the list.  When it is done playing, instead of Smule automatically playing the next song in the list, it will keep playing that song that I chose over and over again, continuously.  When the next song in the list would play, that was called "autoplay" and you could choose for your songs to "autoplay" or you could turn off autoplay.  If you turned off autoplay, then the song you chose would play once and the next song in the list would not play.   That was an option until around six months ago.  At that time, with a new update, autoplay was gone.  And, instead of the next song playing, the same song will repeat continuously.  I want "autoplay" back.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
DuetWithAlli

You are correct in that if you are listening to your recordings, auto play is no longer an option. But if you have recordings saved in your favorites, you can listen to them and it will play continuously from song to song. At least it does on iOS ... not sure about Android. Smule reinstated this feature recently, but for favorites only. The recordings list yeah, it still loops the same recording over and over again. I wish smule would change this too.

And there is not a toggle for it on the favorites list like there used to be on the recordings list. It just autoplays the favorites automatically. 

Edited by DuetWithAlli
Added info
Link to post
Share on other sites
Joshua96813
54 minutes ago, DuetWithAlli said:

You are correct in that if you are listening to your recordings, auto play is no longer an option. But if you have recordings saved in your favorites, you can listen to them and it will play continuously from song to song. At least it does on iOS ... not sure about Android. Smule reinstated this feature recently, but for favorites only. The recordings list yeah, it still loops the same recording over and over again. I wish smule would change this too.

And there is not a toggle for it on the favorites list like there used to be on the recordings list. It just autoplays the favorites automatically. 

In the 2+ years I've been using the Smule Android app, I don't ever recall having seen an autoplay option in any list, Favorites or otherwise. My Napster and YouTube apps have that option, but it's nowhere to be found on the Smule app. The Napster app even has the option to turn on looping for a song. If those Android apps can do it, then I don't see why it's such a problem for Smule to provide it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
linnette949
33 minutes ago, Joshua96813 said:

In the 2+ years I've been using the Smule Android app, I don't ever recall having seen an autoplay option in any list, Favorites or otherwise. My Napster and YouTube apps have that option, but it's nowhere to be found on the Smule app. The Napster app even has the option to turn on looping for a song. If those Android apps can do it, then I don't see why it's such a problem for Smule to provide it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
linnette949

On my iPad I have the updated Smule without the Autoplay.  On my iPhone, I do not the updated version of Smule so I still have the Autoplay.  Here is a picture.

C46396A7-A8BD-453A-BD1E-834257DDB6FB.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
DuetWithAlli

Ok maybe it’s just me. But I was listening to my recordings on Smule while exercising so I’m not paying close attention to what I’m doing. Anyway, I swear it just changed to the next song? Autoplay is back! 
 

I use an iOS device and I just deleted and reinstalled the Smule app last night, if that helps. There doesn’t appear to be a switch to toggle it on/off though.

Edited by DuetWithAlli
Correction
Link to post
Share on other sites
tvuong98

For me, autoplay on phone does work and goes like this.   If I click on a song and it open up full screen, it will repeat the same song.   If I click on the down-arrow and goes back to the song list (either that or turn off the screen), it will go to the next song on the list.   So if I want to do autoplay to next song, I close the full screen.    Not as nice/clear as having the option before, but it work well enough.   I updated to latest version, and don't remember having this capability before, so it could be just later update, but it's been out for a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Joshua96813
17 hours ago, linnette949 said:

On my iPad I have the updated Smule without the Autoplay.  On my iPhone, I do not the updated version of Smule so I still have the Autoplay.  Here is a picture.

C46396A7-A8BD-453A-BD1E-834257DDB6FB.png

Here's what it looks like in my Favorites list with the latest version of the Android app on my phone (version 7.9.3 released on Dec 17, 2020). There is NO autoplay toggle switch. When the recording finishes playing, it loops and immediately begins playing again. If you scroll with an upward gesture, it jumps to the next song in the list which immediately starts playing. Scrolling with a downward gesture skips to the previous song, which starts playing from the beginning instead of where you left off, which is very annoying if you unintentionally scrolled and are trying to go back.

Screenshot_20210102-224146.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now