Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Join expired Smule collabs?


hbullpup
 Share

Go to solution Solved by [Member Duet…],

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, TheMajesticM said:

And last question for you: What do you think you sound like? 

Mate I started my Post where I said "In My Honest Opinion" You and I are both entitled to our opinions and I appreciate your view point. Lets us not get personal here.. Indian culture is very complex and vast majority of Smule users could be uneducated with no etiquette. Vast majority of women in India send audio only invites to avoid giving men wrong ideas. Not every Smule member is there to sing. Not every one is a VIP member either. I have come across men following thousands of people with very few followers and believe it or not Zero Songs recorded...ZERO Invites These men in my opinion can be predators, scammers, hackers. That is another big worry to genuine Smule singers, especially ladies  is it not ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Lets us not get personal here.

I wasn’t meaning to get personal but your original comment had some serious insults, which maybe you didn’t realize the way your comment sounded. The purpose of this app is for fun, and I seriously doubt anyone on the app will be famous…. my opinion, well maybe app famous. To me, we’re all equal on the app. It’s an app! 
 

I guess I should have created a new post for this topic because this thread has been resolved so this is all I have to contribute. 

My point: manners matter. The Internet has become a very toxic place but so has the real world. Sad thing so many people don’t even realize it……
 

Peace, bro! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheMajesticM said:

I seriously doubt anyone on the app will be famous…. my opinion, well maybe app famous.

I had to log back in to clarify. I’m sure there are singers who have potential to become successful. I follow a few. Still, everyone should be treated equally on the app. 
 

I don’t want to sound self righteous. I’ve hurled some insults in the past BUT I had been provoked. Does it make it right? No. I ignore and sing and started behaving my age instead of a 5-year-old. 
 

Last reply! ✌🏼

Edited by TheMajesticM
left out a word
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

I am using a narzo 50a phone in which I can not join the smule expiring song. Why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sellu said:

I am using a narzo 50a phone in which I can not join the smule expiring song. Why?

I don't think it depends on the phone. If you want to join expired invites from a singer try the following.

Search for 'singername song title'. Select 'See All' from the 'Recordings' section. Select any recording from this list which is not a solo. You can see the 'Join' button.

This method helps to join an invite that is not yet joined by anybody also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2021 at 7:21 PM, _Joe_Church_ said:

True and one of the best things Smule has done. It was not logical. Most of people don’t have time to join and you can see a lot of open calls with only one or two joins or even with no joins. I think it’s probably at the end the people was getting tired and cancelling the subscription.

When i started singing in Smule had more joins (and I sang very bad, haha). Nowadays I see a lot of persons open and open OCs but no join to others. At the end the people joins only the persons that have joined to them and it creates a vicious circle of lot of OC with only a few (or even zero) joins what makes the decision of Smule very good.

I beg to disagree -  you said "People was getting tired and cancelling the subscription .... You don't need to be a VIP to collab...  Most Smule members now are into Groups and most of them they sing ang collab within their own groups.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2021 at 11:13 AM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Mate I started my Post where I said "In My Honest Opinion" You and I are both entitled to our opinions and I appreciate your view point. Lets us not get personal here.. Indian culture is very complex and vast majority of Smule users could be uneducated with no etiquette. Vast majority of women in India send audio only invites to avoid giving men wrong ideas. Not every Smule member is there to sing. Not every one is a VIP member either. I have come across men following thousands of people with very few followers and believe it or not Zero Songs recorded...ZERO Invites These men in my opinion can be predators, scammers, hackers. That is another big worry to genuine Smule singers, especially ladies  is it not ?

I agree with you Ram.. the reason why we are on this APPs because we just wanted to sing we are not a professional singers a sort of stress reliever.  Let us not attach each other... we are here to share our good and bad experience in Smule..  Indian singers  have their own way of style in singing...

 

  • like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

I agree with you Ram.. the reason why we are on this APPs because we just wanted to sing we are not a professional singers a sort of stress reliever.  Let us not attach each other... we are here to share our good and bad experience in Smule..  Indian singers  have their own way of style in singing...

 

Attack sorry... typo long nails.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2021 at 11:13 AM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Mate I started my Post where I said "In My Honest Opinion" You and I are both entitled to our opinions and I appreciate your view point. Lets us not get personal here.. Indian culture is very complex and vast majority of Smule users could be uneducated with no etiquette. Vast majority of women in India send audio only invites to avoid giving men wrong ideas. Not every Smule member is there to sing. Not every one is a VIP member either. I have come across men following thousands of people with very few followers and believe it or not Zero Songs recorded...ZERO Invites These men in my opinion can be predators, scammers, hackers. That is another big worry to genuine Smule singers, especially ladies  is it not ?

One lesson learnt to this conversation:  DON'T USE YOUR SMULE SING NAME IN SING SALON..   so they cannot get you some information to attack you... 

 

 

  • like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2020 at 10:34 AM, hbullpup said:

Hi everyone.  Was wondering if there is a way that we can join an expired collab?   I think I read something about that on here that you can.  I was just wondering if someone can explain step by step how we can do this.  Thanks everyone   

Please  try the following:

1.    Go to Search
2.    Inter the Smule Sing Name of the singer

3.    Scroll down  - go to Recordings.. click (See All)

4.    Then scroll down and select the song that has the profile of the singer that you wanted to collab with, click the Join button.

5.     If you want to collab with this singer for  more than 1 song, save the song in your Favorite.

                      **click the 4 dots on the top right hand side of the song you chose, then select the Favorite.. then from your                            favorite list you can start singing..

Hope this helps...Enjoy singing
              

  • like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

5.     If you want to collab with this singer for  more than 1 song, save the song in your Favorite.

This is exactly what I am doing now. It has several advantages over the bookmark option so I use it for current invites also which I want to sing after a week or later. Firstly, the inviter gets notified that you favorited it and might join later. Secondly, since the invites now do not have a joining deadline, the unnecessary notification that it is about to expire is avoided. Thirdly, you can see how many people joined that invite just from your favorite listing itself without going to the invite page. After you join if the inviter likes your join, you can favorite the join and unfavorite the invite. If the inviter does not respond then again you can safely unfavorite it and delete your join after 10 days🤪👍😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sdr said:

This is exactly what I am doing now. It has several advantages over the bookmark option so I use it for current invites also which I want to sing after a week or later. Firstly, the inviter gets notified that you favorited it and might join later. Secondly, since the invites now do not have a joining deadline, the unnecessary notification that it is about to expire is avoided. Thirdly, you can see how many people joined that invite just from your favorite listing itself without going to the invite page. After you join if the inviter likes your join, you can favorite the join and unfavorite the invite. If the inviter does not respond then again you can safely unfavorite it and delete your join after 10 days🤪👍😁

I don't agree that if the inviter didnt respond or join you in return you delete your collab with her/him... we are not in Smule to gain attention, we are in Smule to sing and enjoy.. Dont waste your time and effort you invested to that song..just black list that singer and don't Collab anymore.. but if you delete every collabs from your  inviters who didn't respond you will ended up 0 songs in your channel.. just saying.. 

 

 

  • haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

... just black list that singer and don't Collab anymore...

There is no option to black list in smule, so you might be referring to blocking the singer. I don't think it is a good idea. And not collabing again is also a bad idea, because that singer might become your ardent supporter in future. We are talking about joining an inviter who neither responds to your join nor has responded to you earlier. You don't miss any fun in deleting a join that neither the inviter nor you care to listen. But you will miss if you won't join that singer again for a few more invites.😁

  • like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

but if you delete every collabs from your  inviters who didn't respond you will ended up 0 songs in your channel.. just saying.. 

The recordings liked by both of you will remain. That means about ninety percent of all joins in ordinary situations. The rest are the problem cases and the ones to be deleted and then again, after a period. That is why I wait for 10days and then act on them.👍😁

Edited by sdr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sdr said:

There is no option to black list in smule, so you might be referring to blocking the singer. I don't think it is a good idea. And not collabing again is also a bad idea, because that singer might become your ardent supporter in future. We are talking about joining an inviter who neither responds to your join nor has responded to you earlier. You don't miss any fun in deleting a join that neither the inviter nor you care to listen. But you will miss if you won't join that singer again for a few more invites.😁

What I meant to BLACK LIST... you UNFOLLOW AND REMOVE HIM/HER  from your list of followers... you wont see his/her OC's anymore but don't block her/him or delete your collabs... full stop... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sdr said:

There is no option to black list in smule, so you might be referring to blocking the singer. I don't think it is a good idea. And not collabing again is also a bad idea, because that singer might become your ardent supporter in future. We are talking about joining an inviter who neither responds to your join nor has responded to you earlier. You don't miss any fun in deleting a join that neither the inviter nor you care to listen. But you will miss if you won't join that singer again for a few more invites.😁

Hi, first time poster, some time lurker.

Sdr, I gotta agree wih Ysabel. Your approach is too much work and waiting:

You said yourself that you worked on your joins, so why delete them just because the inviter is unresponsive? Why denying your own effort? Maybe you'll even want to download it some day, because say it happens to be one of your best works? Just let Smule worry about the space to store all the joins, har har.

If after joining several OCs of an inviter and you wait for a while and are reasonably sure that your joins won't be responded, just unfollow him/her. They clearly won't interact with you, for whatever reason, despite whatever they said in the OC. So spare yourself further pains. Just unfollow them, and you don't have to care about them anymore, or their numbers game, or whatever else they aim for. But apparently you still join them after being ignored several times? Duh.

Just let go, man. Believe me, you'll get more fun without rooting for such people.

  • like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just keep Singing and enjoy singing folks. We sing because we like singing or else we will not be wasting time here. Sing with any one you like and believe sings well, as each join makes you enjoy your own singing. Many of my favourite singers I follow get 250 joins each invite and if they send about four songs a  week it makes a total of 1000 joins per week. It is virtually impossible for the lady who is a full time employee and a mother to listen to every join and comment. I openly tell my friends it is my pleasure joining your classy invite and there is no need to comment or even listen as it is too time consuming and they give the thumbs up. Live and Let Live. Be Happy

  • like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PatchApplier said:

Hi, first time poster, some time lurker.

Sdr, I gotta agree wih Ysabel. Your approach is too much work and waiting:

Hi😁

I explained in earlier posts the special cases in which I will keep an unresponded join. I do not want to repeat them. I just want to stress one thing that it is not a blanket delete of all such joins. But only after considering some factors which point to a prospective collaboration with that singer should one delete a join. There are a few joins of mine which are not responded to even after a month. I do keep them and also join those singers when they have an invite I like. There are some other joins which I deleted but keep following the singer so that I am notified of their new invites. And there are the ones I deleted and do not want to bother further with joining them. So unfollowed them. So it is on a case to case basis.👍

  • like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PatchApplier said:

You said yourself that you worked on your joins, so why delete them just because the inviter is unresponsive?

For me a Collab is a collaboration. You sing I listen, I join you listen. This is the essential meaning of that word. Mutual interaction is inherent in such a model. Otherwise smule could have collected all the invites, hide the names of the singers and list them as partially sung karaokes that anyone could join anonymously. The question of interaction just would not have arisen then. And there won't be any need of Likes and Comments. 

I do not consider an unresponded join as a Collab. And I never ever listen to it before the inviter listens and likes it. For me it was a thankless job joining that invite which is best relegated to the oblivion of deletion.

👍😁

Edited by sdr
.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, sdr said:

For me a Collab is a collaboration. You sing I listen, I join you listen. This is the essential meaning of that word. Mutual interaction is inherent in such a model. Otherwise smule could have collected all the invites, hide the names of the singers and list them as partially sung karaokes that anyone could join anonymously. The question of interaction just would not have arisen then. And there won't be any need of Likes and Comments. 

I do not consider an unresponded join as a Collab. And I never ever listen to it before the inviter listens and likes it. For me it was a thankless job joining that invite which is best relegated to the oblivion of deletion.

👍😁

In my case...  Anyone who joined me I join them back 2x.. Anyone who use my uploads I (like) and follow them sometimes I even collab with them...😎

  • like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share