SONG STRUCTURE - ANY TIPS?

Ron Dunn

At the end of the upload song process there is a screen titled "Song Structure"

It says, "Producers can create Audio & Video Styles that work with musical structure."

It then requires me to use the tags Intro, Prechorus, Chorus, Verse and Bridge to identify the parts of the song.

Is there an article in this forum that gives guidance for this screen?

opentype

We don’t have an article about this currently, but I am happy to create one if there is need for it. 

With what aspect of this function are you struggling? 

Ron Dunn

I'm unsure about who finds the tags useful as I don't see them referenced when I sing the solo or duet parts or when I preview the song.

I'm not sure that I can identify the song parts correctly so am reluctant to tag the parts but the app requires the tags so I just say "yes" to all suggestions which doesn't seem helpful for any reason.

Thank you. 

opentype
39 minutes ago, Ron Dunn said:

I'm unsure about who finds the tags useful as I don't see them referenced when I sing the solo or duet parts or when I preview the song.

I can answer that quickly without an article: the parts are used by the new style system. When someone creates a style, they can apply different video and audio effects to different sections of the song. But for that to work, the uploads needs to be tagged properly.