How to download my recording on my cellphone

Blond leo

I want to download the video of a solo directly to my cell phone. I 'very done the whole process but it says use right click to find the option save as target. That would be fine IF I was on a computer, but I m not. Is there another option that I cannot find? Am I stupid? 

• confused 2

Tinkgrrrbell

Same...I’m on an iPhone and cannot figure out how to use this effing downloader to save the video to my phone. Also, does anybody know why I can save some of my videos on the Smule app to my phone, but others I can’t? When I click the share link there is an option on some of them for “share video” which downloads the video to my camera roll. But for newer songs, this option is not there. I don’t understand why and I can’t find anything about it online. I’m pissed.

DuetWithAlli

It seems kind of random which songs have the YouTube link which allows you to save to your device and which ones don’t. I’ve heard it has something to do with differing licensing agreements. Anyway ...

I’ve had success using the smule downloader from Sing.salon to save videos to my iCloud (Files) and from there, save them to my device. Sorry this is too wordy because I’m not good with technology and don’t know how to explain.

1) Go to the Download page here on Sing.salon. Type/paste the link to the performance in the box. I use the “copy link” feature within the smule app (it’s in the same place where you would find the “share video” link if it was actually there) to copy the link and just paste it in.

2) Tap “Fetch data for this performance”. 

3) Tap “Download video”. The video will play in the same window. 

4) To the right of the box where the URL is ... mine reads c-ash.smule.com ... there is a blue square with an up arrow. Tap this square and scroll up to “Save to files”.

5) Select a folder in Files and save. 

6) From Files, you can select and save the video back to your device, again by tapping the blue square with a up arrow and tap “Save video”. It will save to the Photo roll on your device.

Hopefully, this works for others. I’m not sure if there is a better/easier way to save directly to your device. It’s kind of a pain, but it’s worth it if you really don’t want to lose a performance. Big thanks to Sing.salon for providing this service.

Edited by DuetWithAlli
  • like 1

opentype
1 hour ago, DuetWithAlli said:

Edit: Just tried it this morning, and now it’s not working. All I got was an error page from Smule.

Sorry about that. Sometimes Smule regenerates the song so it won’t be available anymore at the saved location. Just try again and it will probably work. 

I also added a link to the page to regenerate existing downloads with this problem, so you don’t have to use multiple download credit for one performance. 

DuetWithAlli
1 hour ago, opentype said:

Sorry about that. Sometimes Smule regenerates the song so it won’t be available anymore at the saved location. Just try again and it will probably work. 

I also added a link to the page to regenerate existing downloads with this problem, so you don’t have to use multiple download credit for one performance. 

It’s ok. I was just worried that smule might be blocking this from happening. I’ll try again sometime. Thanks so much.

MKKa
On 11/10/2020 at 6:25 AM, opentype said:

There used to be a button to download video directly to Camera roll on the recording in the app. It is not there any more. Is there no direct method to download to an iphone now?  

• 3 weeks later...
DuetWithAlli
On 11/13/2020 at 3:28 PM, MKKa said:

There used to be a button to download video directly to Camera roll on the recording in the app. It is not there any more. Is there no direct method to download to an iphone now?  

Many songs still have the share video button, but it’s becoming more common to find songs that don’t give the option.

Anyway, I came here with good news ... the new download page here on sing salon makes it easier to save to iPad. Go to the download page, paste the link to your song. Choose to download. Beside the url box, there is a down arrow inside a circle. Click on that and select the video. Now it is saved directly to your device.