Video is not appearing when a new person joins a group collab..anyone facing this issue recently..

GerryDhan

When i opened a group collab... when a new person joins their video does not appear, until another person joins the group...

DuetWithAlli

Yes, this happened to me as well. I joined a group birthday song, but didn’t see myself in the video until the next person joined. Wonder what happens to the final person who joins the video ...

• 4 weeks later...
Waaf_Steph

Same problem. Description show 22 singers and video show only 20. They joined yesterday and still nothing. Please help! Is our Christmas groupsong 

Krujo_sings

I have the same problem. Nothing is fixing it.  Not even a new join.  I keep joining and joining but no video.  I have reached out to Smule 2x. Nothing and it’s almost been a week 

Juliet

yes 4 people have already joined and nothing after the 13th person....is there a limit ? the style used is endless love...pls any feed back on this would be greatly appreciated.

Veena_sanj

Hi guys I opened a smule group collab as private. 6 users joined( I can see they joined and is shown in my group collab video as veena_sanj+6. However inside the video it’s only veena_sanj+2 users. Also notification is for only these 2 users. Why is this so. Does it matter some users are on iPhone and others android phones.is the group collab videos still not supported on android versions? ( I am on iPhone and I initiated the video); thanks so much; kindly reply..Veena

Veena_sanj

Also to let you know the users whose video is not appearing, they can see their video themselves and us singing etc when they recording. But it’s not getting merged to the already uploaded video( veena_sanj+ 2 users); no audio /video merged/ added to the group video for 3,4,5,6 users:((

opentype

I am seeing more and more reports of this problem. It seems to be that uploads (of OCs and joins) get stuck on Smule’s end and are never processes. 

My suggestion would be to report the individual songs with a song link to Smule so they can investigate why they are never processed and then find and fix the problem. 

I would however: 
1. Make absolutely sure that the song was uploaded successfully and isn’t just queued on your device. 
2. Wait 48 hours to be sure the upload processing isn’t just delayed, but really doesn’t work. 

Veena_sanj

Thanks for replying. Mine is more than 48 hours issue ( record done 2 days back) and that’s when I reported the problem. Raised with smule helpdesk(zendesk) and waiting: link posted to them too.I strongly think now it’s an android/ iOS mixing issue as iOS users got their video merged in to mine ( mine also iOS)& android users video is that the ones not merging!:(

_RamKrish1012

"This Group Feature used to work well before and is not working now like before" . I see one big possibility, some Programmer made some silly mistake with coding the software. Smule Zen Desk is inundated with complaints and I doubt if they even pass most complaints to the developers.. Not long before Christmas Break so do not expect any Miracles to happen. Santa cannot fix such things either

Veena_sanj

Mine is fixed now magically. I did a trial that I double joined( from iPhone) and it added the android users all videos together. Not sure if this solution will work for all but it’s worth a try if possible(I.e the last join to be done from an iOS based phone)!

• 2 weeks later...
Joshua96813
On 12/18/2020 at 1:17 AM, opentype said:

I am seeing more and more reports of this problem. It seems to be that uploads (of OCs and joins) get stuck on Smule’s end and are never processes. 

My suggestion would be to report the individual songs with a song link to Smule so they can investigate why they are never processed and then find and fix the problem. 

I would however: 
1. Make absolutely sure that the song was uploaded successfully and isn’t just queued on your device. 
2. Wait 48 hours to be sure the upload processing isn’t just delayed, but really doesn’t work. 

It's now Jan. 2nd, and the problem continues. As far as I can tell, Smule hasn't done anything to address this issue. I've joined some group collabs where my join doesn't show up in the playback until days later, and some where it's never shown up at all, even though I'm shown on the collab's list of joiners. I'm a paying VIP customer, and I'm getting really fed up with all the problems that keep cropping up.

Veena_sanj

ours got sorted after sending the link of the song with the issue,to smule support& they fixed it. also the next group collab worked fine with all android/iphone users who joined.thanks to smule team who responded within 72 hours as promised

Edited by Veena_sanj

_RamKrish1012
On 1/3/2021 at 11:32 PM, Veena_sanj said:

ours got sorted after sending the link of the song with the issue,to smule support& they fixed it. also the next group collab worked fine with all android/iphone users who joined.thanks to smule team who responded within 72 hours as promised

That is excellent news. So Now Smule developers  are fully aware of the Problem and should hopefully fix it