Saving Smule songs on my pc (windows 10)

dk1054

I saved a number of my songs from Smule to my new PC.  It was very easy and did not require any new downloaded programs. Unfortunately, I have forgotten how I did it and can not recall it after hours of trying. Can anyone here tell me and easy and free way to save my songs?

Thanks, dK

TLP

I am having trouble with this.

I follow the directions and it says my song was "successfully crawled" but when I click the link, I get the 404 page. 

When I right click and select "save link as" it saves as an html file entitled "redir" (I guess short for redirect?).

I see no option to select "save target as". 

I am using Microsoft Edge on a surface pro operating on Windows 10.

Anyone know how to deal with that?

opentype
8 hours ago, TLP said:

I follow the directions and it says my song was "successfully crawled" but when I click the link, I get the 404 page. 

Please try again. I added some additional checks to avoid this problem. 

• like 1

Chandaliapink

I'm having the same problem...and this is after I just paid the annual fee about 20 minutes ago!

TLP
On 11/8/2020 at 3:01 AM, opentype said:

Please try again. I added some additional checks to avoid this problem. 

Thank you for your prompt reply and I apologize for my delayed one.

I saw that two of my song statuses was changed to "song found, crawling not yet finished". Attempts to retrieve the song using these did not work.

I started the whole process from scratch and was able to get my song via the "save link as" option. 

It says that I only have 3 left even though the 2 'used' credits are currently not functional. Will I get those credits back?

opentype
On 11/9/2020 at 3:35 AM, Chandaliapink said:

I'm having the same problem...and this is after I just paid the annual fee about 20 minutes ago!

Sorry about that. We had some temporary problems with an external service and switched to a new one today. And I rewrote the system over the last days to retrieve the downloads in a completely different and therefore more reliable way. Those “Smule 404” errors shouldn’t happen anymore. 

1 hour ago, TLP said:

It says that I only have 3 left even though the 2 'used' credits are currently not functional. Will I get those credits back?

Thanks for reporting. I had a look and it was indeed counting the credits incorrectly. I resolved the issue. 

• like 1