Zoom U 24 v/s irig

kennzamit

Hi

Has any one used or heard about Zoom U 24 MIDI & Audio interface i am looking forward to buy one, where it stands in comparison to irig pro

zoom_zu24_u_24_portable_audio_interface_1244865.jpg

opentype

In theory, it should be better than the iRig PRE (because it’s a digital connection), but I doubt Smule official supports this. It may or may not work with the Sing! app. 

• like 1
  • thank you! 1

kennzamit
2 minutes ago, opentype said:

In theory, it should be better than the iRig PRE (because it’s a digital connection), but I doubt Smule official supports this. It may or may not work with the Sing! app. 

does sing! app supports irig ??

opentype

The iRig PRE is an analog interface which connects with a regular 4-pin (i.e. combined headphone/mic) audio jack to your phone or tablet. If you have a combined headphone/mic socket on your device, the iRig PRE will work just like any headset. For the Sing! app that makes no difference. It’s just analog audio signals. 

• like 1

kennzamit
1 minute ago, opentype said:

The iRig PRE is an analog interface which connects with a regular 4-pin (i.e. combined headphone/mic) audio jack to your phone or tablet. If you have a combined headphone/mic socket on your device, the iRig PRE will work just like any headset. For the Sing! app that makes no difference. It’s just analog audio signals. 

Thank you very much for your reply... it is very helpfull

dpt411_anna

I have Zoom U-24.
I actually challenged connecting to iPhone.

I referred this topic, I could input from microphone to iPhone's Smule.
http://sing.salon/forums/topic/174-using-external-usb-microphone-issues/

But, Unfortunately I can't say good about U-24's sound quality.
Because my microphone and U-24 wasn't compatible and bad quality sound:(
My microphone is BM-800.

It might there is other nice compatible microphone.
I haven't other microphone so I can't try it so far.

61WXVR4YtRL._SL1024_.jpg

• like 2

VoxFugit

If you have not bought the irig pre yet, I would invest in the irig pro.  I'm pretty sure it is still an analog input but it works with Sing! and it does have at least one midi input in addition to the mic input if that is important to you.  I used the pre for a time and switched over to the pro because the gain was easier to control and I needed that.  

• like 1