Downloads of an 'updated' version of a song are replaced by the old version

Donald Crowden

I don't know if anything can be done about this: I sometimes record a better version of a song I've already downloaded, but when I try to download it, the phase where it says 'get data for this song' or something similar just fetches the previous recording, not my latest one. Is there a way around this issue?

Thanks 

Donald

opentype

I am not really sure what you are describing. How do you record another version? Are you talking about solos? Or joining a song multiple times?
Technically, each Smule performance is independent from every other Smule performance. So I wouldn’t know how one could ever get an older version. If you access a specific version, you access that version alone. 

_RamKrish1012
15 hours ago, Donald Crowden said:

I don't know if anything can be done about this: I sometimes record a better version of a song I've already downloaded, but when I try to download it, the phase where it says 'get data for this song' or something similar just fetches the previous recording, not my latest one. Is there a way around this issue?

Thanks 

Donald

I am only thinking aloud to see if I can help. I am assuming the first version you downloaded has a Unique name. Let us say XXX. when you improve on this version do you save it as XXX or YYY. Suggest saving the two versions as VERSION2 and  VERSION 2 to clearly separate the two versions, so it is not writing over each other. Just a thought. If I am wrong I am sorry

Donald Crowden

I'm talking about recording a solo version on Smule on my phone or Ipad.  I sing and save and then transfer it to this site, SingSalon. Some time later I sing and  save a new version of the same song, because there are some errors in my singing. . I transfer this new version to Sing Salon and download. When I play this new version back it turns out to be the old one ( containing the same singing errors). Maybe there is nothing you can do abut this. It's already great that we can download.

I'm grateful for any help though.

donald

opentype

I agree with RamKrish1012: You probably get the songs mixed up locally on your computer. Maybe delete the old one first before downloading the new one to be sure or give them independent names.