Tutorial and information for new Smule update

Babydoll0401

New Update Help

I know that there are a lot of people that are frustrated about the new updates on Smule. 

Here is a tutorial video to show you how to use the new updates to make it sound like the old Smule.

And here is the video recording that I show how it sounds in the end that is described in the tutorial video

Now, if you join someone who already has an FX set, then once you click join click on the arrow under their FX that they have set, and you can adjust it a little to suit your needs.

I hope this information helps you. Because I know that there are a lot of people that like it including myself, but for the ones that do not like, I wanted to help you find your happy again. 

I really enjoy joining everyone and I would hate to see people leave.

Love Always,

Babydoll 

• like 3

RickMontreal

I will try this cuz my feeling is that the sound quality has gone a bit notch down with the update. I personally don’t really care about the visual effects but am keen on having my recordings sound really good and I feel I don’t have that anymore. Big deception ! Hope your tutorial will help. 
Thanks for sharing !

Rick in Montreal, Canada

:)

Babydoll0401

When you go into style studio, choose the first column (Audio FX) (because this first column is to set for the entire song) and the choose whatever fx you like the best. on the other 3 rows in that first column, just choose your basic if you want or just don’t click anything else at all. It will save draft and publish if you have only the first thing selected. Then once you save draft and publish, you can use that same creation every time. For instance, I am a SuperStudio fan. So on the first row of the first column, I choose SuperStudio and then I click edit. I move the scale to about .38 on both the reverb amount and reverb character. That is the sound that works best for me. I do not choose different fx from section to section of the song. Now I will choose video creations just because it keeps my brain busy and I need that. Lol but i am going to work on some more tutorials this week.  

Violet

@Babydoll0401, thanks for the tutorial. I followed step by step like the instruction but there's no "Style Studio" option when clicking the "share" button (after finishing the recording and saving it in private). I use Iphone.

• love it! 1

Babydoll0401

I am hopefully going to be able to do some tutorials this week. I had a spell this past week with my health and my speech is almost back understandable. I will help as much as I can.

Violet

Oh I figured it out. I haven't installed the Style Studio app in my phone yet 😄😄. Never pay attention to this feature until watching your video. Thank you @Babydoll0401.

• 2 weeks later...
cl00bie

As a new user, I just have to thank you for this.  I know how I used to do everything on the previous site I was a member of, but I have been having issues here.  This has really helped me out.  😃

Babydoll0401

I am so happy that it is helping you. That was my goal. Lol as soon as I get the mic fixed in my phone, I will have other tutorials 

• 3 months later...
BCGREGORY

Thank you sooooooooooo much for putting this out.  I've been using smule for several months now and could not figure any of this out until I saw your video!!   BLESSSSSSS  YYYOOOOOUUUUU!!!  🙂