My URL links no longer recognised as Smule recordings

Donald Crowden

I've been downloading my recordings but suddenly the message comes that the url's are not recognised. I've tried re-downloading songs just to see and get the same message. Something has changed? Can you help? Thanks.

opentype

I can confirm that the service isn’t working at the moment. I will check it out later. Probably tomorrow. Maybe Smule changed something or blocked us like they did temporarily in the past. 

• thank you! 1
  • sad 1

MissMalice

Me too :( I have some competition entries I really need to save which are like 20-40 layers each and I don't want them to get disabled before I can save them :(

Migz_76

Same thing is happening to me.  Just noticed it is not recognizing the URL of my acoustic performances which I then normally download and upload to the Smule songbook.  In addition, just saw that Smile is now not showing the icon for the song URL which is what I used to copy here to download my performances.  Any idea what happened?  Thanks for the help!

Donald Crowden

Hi Migz_76 I don't understand it either, but apparently it's an issue. I only download or try to down load acoustic versions not videos.

• sad 1

opentype

I am not aware of any issues with audio-only performances. I still see a “Copy Link” button in the app and I can paste it into the Sing.Salon downloader to download the audio-only performance. 

Donald Crowden

Yes indeed, only when I do download it it is not the current performance but the previous one that I get. But I can live with it.

Migz_76

Hi Donald Crowden, 

thanks for the feedback. I normally play my acoustic guitar OCs on video just because I appreciate watching people sing to it....makes it look “live” , which is something I love. It seems sad that I would be limited to audio only for no apparent reason. I will try to record audio only to test what you say and then try to download. 

Thanks again

Miguel