Can I Keep Using my Android (Google) Account on an iPhone?

Kuntryjunky

I'm having recording issues on two models of Android, and I'm considering an iPhone purchase purely to use for Smule, so I want to make sure it will do what I want. If I install Smule Sing on an iPhone, can I then login using my google login and sing under my existing username?

To be more specific, I'm not talking about entering in my gmail address and password to login, but using the sign in using gmail option (single sign-on), kind of like the button you get on apps to sign in using Facebook. I just want to make sure buying an iPhone wouldn't cause me to have to start over with a brand new account. 

Kuntryjunky

Well my iPhone is on it's way. I guess I'll update my results here for anyone else who winds up in the same situation, or if you see a Kuntryjunky2 on Smule, just assume it didn't work 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
Kuntryjunky

Okay, so here is my update, just in case anyone else winds up with the same question. Transferring to iPhone worked pretty seamlessly. You can sign in via Google's single sign-on from the iPhone 11 (I believe I added it under settings > email accounts). The only snag is that for some reason, it won't recognize that you're paying for VIP through the Google Play store. You'll have to actually pay for VIP access again on Smule's website. Once I did that, I had VIP on both phones. I'm assuming I can cancel my VIP on Google Play now, so that I don't pay twice. As a bonus, it turns out paying for VIP on the Website is cheaper than through Google Play. 

Also, the iPhone 11 recording of audio and video is working flawlessly from my perspective. I don't get any of the issues that I had with the Galaxy S10 and S8.