Very Recent Problem - While Recording songs, there is small 'blip' that occurs and then disrupts the rhythym

rangaj

I have been using Smule for about 3 years now and am a pretty frequent user. I have Samsung Galaxy S10.

Everything was working fine until last 5 days. Now while recording a song (video or just audio), suddenly there is a small 'blip' or a tiny pause out of nowhere and then you lose your rhythm. Even if you continue after that, you notice that there is video and audio lag.

I have tried this for songs I have successfully done before. The problem happens even there now. I have tried everything such as deleting cache, reinstalling app, rebooting phone multiple times, trying different tracks, trying different headsets, trying even WITHOUT headset, removing phone cover, no help. It is not always in the same place, it happens at different spots of the songs. It is not related to my WiFi or anything, my WiFi is pretty good. 

Anyone experiencing this? Please help.

Kuntryjunky
On 10/5/2020 at 10:50 AM, rangaj said:

Anyone experiencing this? 

I am also experiencing this, and it just started for me a little before you, but likely due to the same software updates. I'm also using a Galaxy S10 as my main phone and Smule phone. My older Galaxy S8 has had this issue for a long time, but it only just started on the S10. 

For me, it happened the first time I tried doing a song after the update with the Globes in the background for non-video duets, but I also installed the latest Android AOS update just before singing (on Oct 2nd), so I don't know which update broke it. In addition for me, this is when some crackling and popping began in the background while recording songs, and I also get some synchronization issues in the final recording now. I wish I could help more, but all I can say is me too. 

rangaj
7 hours ago, Kuntryjunky said:

I am also experiencing this, and it just started for me a little before you, but likely due to the same software updates. I'm also using a Galaxy S10 as my main phone and Smule phone. My older Galaxy S8 has had this issue for a long time, but it only just started on the S10. 

For me, it happened the first time I tried doing a song after the update with the Globes in the background for non-video duets, but I also installed the latest Android AOS update just before singing (on Oct 2nd), so I don't know which update broke it. In addition for me, this is when some crackling and popping began in the background while recording songs, and I also get some synchronization issues in the final recording now. I wish I could help more, but all I can say is me too. 

Hi - While I have not found a solution, I have found a workaround - this was suggested by another member in this community in another thread. Basically just at the beginning of the song - right after the 3, 2, 1 - you say something like a 'Hello' or something. That seems to help.  I have tried it about 10 times now and seems to be working. Try it out. Thanks.

Kuntryjunky
11 hours ago, rangaj said:

Hi - While I have not found a solution, I have found a workaround - this was suggested by another member in this community in another thread. Basically just at the beginning of the song - right after the 3, 2, 1 - you say something like a 'Hello' or something. That seems to help.  I have tried it about 10 times now and seems to be working. Try it out. Thanks.

I appreciate the tip, rangaj! 

Kuntryjunky

So I put in a ticket, and the official Smule response is reinstall the app, use your vocal match slider, use wired headphones. Thank goodness. Now that I've contacted the help desk we can fix all of our problems! 🤣🤣🤣

rangaj
On 10/14/2020 at 10:49 PM, Kuntryjunky said:

So I put in a ticket, and the official Smule response is reinstall the app, use your vocal match slider, use wired headphones. Thank goodness. Now that I've contacted the help desk we can fix all of our problems! 🤣🤣🤣

Lol

PAS_WangBu16
On 10/5/2020 at 10:50 PM, rangaj said:

I have been using Smule for about 3 years now and am a pretty frequent user. I have Samsung Galaxy S10.

Everything was working fine until last 5 days. Now while recording a song (video or just audio), suddenly there is a small 'blip' or a tiny pause out of nowhere and then you lose your rhythm. Even if you continue after that, you notice that there is video and audio lag.

I have tried this for songs I have successfully done before. The problem happens even there now. I have tried everything such as deleting cache, reinstalling app, rebooting phone multiple times, trying different tracks, trying different headsets, trying even WITHOUT headset, removing phone cover, no help. It is not always in the same place, it happens at different spots of the songs. It is not related to my WiFi or anything, my WiFi is pretty good. 

Anyone experiencing this? Please help.

I've been having that kind of problem intermittently on my Android phones, which is why i don't usually use an Android phone when recording in Smule. My latest phone though, a Samsung Galaxy Note 9, experiences the least problems, but even that phone occasionally gets that kind or problems you are describing.

And because of that frustration of mine, I invested on an Apple iPod Touch (which by the way is the cheapest iOS device you could get, especially if you're an Android lover and you don't want to change your phone), where it only contains my Smule app. I think this problem doesn't happen in iOS devices.

rangaj
7 hours ago, PAS_WangBu16 said:

I've been having that kind of problem intermittently on my Android phones, which is why i don't usually use an Android phone when recording in Smule. My latest phone though, a Samsung Galaxy Note 9, experiences the least problems, but even that phone occasionally gets that kind or problems you are describing.

And because of that frustration of mine, I invested on an Apple iPod Touch (which by the way is the cheapest iOS device you could get, especially if you're an Android lover and you don't want to change your phone), where it only contains my Smule app. I think this problem doesn't happen in iOS devices.

Thank you for the input. Are you able to do 'video' collabs / video invites from Applie iPod Touch? Do you like the quality?

PAS_WangBu16
On 10/19/2020 at 1:38 PM, rangaj said:

Thank you for the input. Are you able to do 'video' collabs / video invites from Applie iPod Touch? Do you like the quality?

Yes, I do my video collabs/video invites in my iPod Touch; in fact, the video quality is really good. I'm using the 7th generation Apple iPod Touch which I ordered online through the Apple Store website just a few months ago.

https://www.apple.com/ph/ipod-touch/

Since I only use the device for Smule, I only ordered the 32GB version, which is the cheapest you can get for the iPod (and the cheapest of all Apple devices.)

• 2 months later...
Simone Sharp-Bucknor
On 10/18/2020 at 6:29 AM, rangaj said:

Lol

I tried all of that..it doesn’t work.

On 10/18/2020 at 6:12 PM, PAS_WangBu16 said:

It’s happening on mine. iPhone 12 Pro Max. I’ve tried all those suggestions...hasn’t helped.

• 7 months later...
thusithag67

Hi I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with Smule recordings. During recordings I also experience distortion sounds at times and quite often there are one or 2 tiny 'blips' causing the loss of the rhythm in the recording. This is a serious problem for me and appreciate if anyone could suggest a fix.