Find my account

Chezzababy

Hi can anyone help. I accidentally deleted the app and now when I try log in with the email address I used it makes me create a new account.  I'm at my wits end!  Ive emailed smule and on their fb page. The username for the account is Chezzababy.  It's a black and white picture attached to the profile

opentype

Are you sure you signed up via email the first time and not via Facebook for example? That would explain the behaviour you see. 

In general, deleting the app is no problem. You should be able to log in just fine and get access to all your songs again. Try it on the website maybe. Your login should work there as well: https://www.smule.com

Chezzababy

No I used cherylsaville1994 @ gmail.com I remember as when I downloaded the app this morning that's the email I used. I've tried logging in the website too.  I've tried re setting the password etc to the email but it just creates a new profile. 

opentype

I can’t replicate that. If I use your email address on the website, it clearly shows that it is linked to an existing account and asks for a password. So Smule does recognize your account. What does it show next after you use the correct password? Maybe it doesn’t really create a new account but it somehow looks like that to you?
Or you now have 2 accounts. Then only Smule support can sort this out. 

The app will certainly behave as if you use it for the new first time after you reinstalled it. You will get all those tips how to set it up and use it. That’s perfectly normal. 

Chezzababy

I registered with this email address again.... But it comes up with username cherylsaville...

Or something similar. I have tried logging in with that email address.  And tried resetting the password but when I do it takes me to the new account not the chezzababy one. The chezzababy one has a black and white picture of me with wavy hair. 

Chezzababy

This is my account.  I tried logging in with that email address and with Facebook none of them work.  If I do login with the email it just keeps creating new profiles. I have email smule support they haven't replied. 

Screenshot_2017-04-18-17-57-35.png

opentype

I see. So you have (at least) 2 account now: 

I understand the problem. There is no way to directly login into the account based on your Smule username – which is what you would want to do, if the existing login methods don’t work. 

I guess you will have to wait for the Smule support answer (can take 2 or 3 days). They can check your account and tell you the login method that was used for your Chezzababy account and maybe delete the new one(s). 

• 4 years later...
Lou ELVIS

How do I go about getting my old account back in that one I am this nic louELVIS I forgot my password any help would be appreciated

RockMeSlowly
5 hours ago, Lou ELVIS said:

How do I go about getting my old account back in that one I am this nic louELVIS I forgot my password any help would be appreciated

What happens when you reset the password on the app? 

• 10 months later...
opentype
9 hours ago, _DHEART_ said:

i forget my email & password

You need to contact Smule for support. 
However, I am not sure they will be able to help in this case.