Smule pitch bar?

xvarvarax

I remember there being a pitch bar on Smule but I can't find it anywhere, on any song. Does anyone know how to turn this on on iOS?

_RamKrish1012

Interesting. Last night I too wondered where the bars were as it helped maintain the right pitch as well as timing when singing. So I checked all my BookMarked invites just now and found most invites did not have this feature. Yet there were some which did have including Video invites or VOC.

If Smule had removed this feature, then it should be for all songs. So Doubt if Smule had anything to do with it.

I am beginning to think Duet invites using Android phones are missing this feature. The invite from a friend who uses an iPhone still has the Pitch Bar or whatever it is Called..

I used my iPad to check and then checked using my Samsung 7.. The results are the same as with iPad.

( Jane Kahan Mera Pitch Bar Gaya Jee, Abhi Abhi Yahin Tha, Kidar Gaya Jee 😞 )

SURILEE AWAAZ

Hi Friends. I have founded a Music band for Charity in mumbai - Surilee Awaaz - and have been in detailed discussions about using the Smule app for my on line Shows. As part of this many of my Group singers requested to lower the track pitch  -I got an official response from the smule team in India that this feature is no longer available. So all of you wanting to do this have to find other ways around it, eg uploading a track for Audacity with pitch lowered etc...

_RAVI_0628

Yes. I will tell that how I can be so sure.  Smule had added pitch bars in many of tracks uploaded by me. And they do so for the tracks becoming popular among singers. And recently I found those are removed. And adding pitch bars is controlled by Smule only. App users can't add or remove that. Reason of removing that is still unknown. 🙂

Edited by _RAVI_0628

opentype

The pitch cues are calculated automatically from the performances that people uploaded. I’m sure this is a fully automated process and no one at Smule takes the time to review each song upload. But it could just be that they changed the algorithm so more performances are required. That’s just a speculation of course, but it could explain why some songs have lost the pitch cues. 

• like 1

• 2 weeks later...
_RAVI_0628

Finally I got idea how to get back those deleted pitch bars.

Recently, Smule has introduced one additional step in uploading, i.e. to mark segments of the song like intro, verse, chorus, etc. On older uploads, this feature was not there. Now, on my existing uploads, where I already had pitch bars created on Smule, I edited the upload and completed the step of segment allocation.

And this worked. My tracks got the pitch bar back on the screen.

• like 1

SURILEE AWAAZ

Hi Ravi. This may work for uploads but vast majority just sing on existing tracks and for them this may not be possible I think