Using Shure MV88+ with Smule on iPhone XS Max

rakesh64

I recently ordered Shure MV88+ mic. Would it work with the Smule app on my iPhone Xs Max? If not, can you suggest an external mic?

opentype

I would expect it to work. It’s not really a singing mic so you have to test for yourself if you like the results or not. 

rakesh64
1 hour ago, opentype said:

I would expect it to work. It’s not really a singing mic so you have to test for yourself if you like the results or not. 

Can you suggest a good mic for Smule. I have Rode NT 2A and I bought iRig Pre HD to connect with it but somehow after one song, it stopped working. I changed batteries but it still didn't work??

opentype

Microphones are a matter of taste. There is no one mic I could recommend to everyone. 

It would be worth trying to get your Røde mic working again before buying anything new. 

rakesh64
Just now, opentype said:

Microphones are a matter of taste. There is no one mic I could recommend to everyone. 

It would be worth trying to get your Røde mic working again before buying anything new. 

Thanks for the reply. I returned the iRig pre HD. Should I try the same again? Also, the whole solution with a condenser mic becomes very bulky and that is why I went for Shure MV 88+? I would really hope there are some recommended solutions from Smule which one could just implement??