Weird noises while record with new s20+

TARRY034

Hej Guys! I just have a weird question.. 

i got this weird crackling sounds since ive got the new s20+

With my s10+ it was all okay but now i got this weird sounds .. 

Ive uploaded a screenrecord from it: https://streamable.com/mwnid0

Dont know if im allowed to post links but i hope its ok.. this problem is really annoying cant record anything..

KeithJClark

In addition to opentype's question above, are you using wifi or cellular?

I have a galaxy s20+ its my primary for Smule because the camera adjust to stage lighting 100 times better than iPhone. So I've done research on Galaxy phones. Turn off Dolby Atmos as well as amy other sound enhancing options, as well as restarting the phone.

That's what I had to add for now.

Keith 

TARRY034
2 hours ago, opentype said:

The video indicates you are not using headphones. Is that true?

I am. But did this just for a test. Same problem with headphones..

• 2 months later...
SharanyaNair09

Is it solved ? Iam facing a similar issue with my S20+. There is echo and drag in my recorded voice.  Sounds like a ruined cassette player. 

At times it works fine . But if I go for a second recording the issue will start again .

KeithJClark

The issues are too varied to say whether one fix solves it or not. I havent been singing lately, but I can say that using an external mic is still an issue with my Galaxy S20. I havent gotten anything to work reliably.

m14t4n

Hi TARRY034, SharanyaNair09 and KeithJClark...The problem I was having earlier was EXACTLY the same as the link that SharanyaNair09 was facing. 1. Smule didn't detect my headset (it was the original headset, AKG, that came with the phone. 2. The voice recorded was dragged and sound like a broken cassette. However, after I updated my S20+ (more than once) to the latest "IOS" (forgive me I dunno what my phone's system is running with 🤦‍♀️) Smule finally detected my headset and I can finally sing with my new phone. So....I guess....Smule needs to ne compatible with your phone system. I really hope this helps 😊