How to record instruments directly to Smule without a mic?

DavidCronkite

I want to record my MIDI keyboard in Freestyle without having to mic it. Anyone know if this possible through USB like a Yeti mic? I've tried with no success so far. Thanks!

DavidCronkite

I thought the iRigs might be needed. I wonder why my Yeti USB mic works with a powered USB hub but not my Motif ES7

4 hours ago, DavidCronkite said:

I wonder why my Yeti USB mic works with a powered USB hub but not my Motif ES7

Because unlike the microphone, the keyboard doesn’t use the USB port as audio output. You need a separate audio interface to take the keyboard audio signal and turn it into a “microphone” signal for you phone or tablet. 

• 2 weeks later...
dpt411_anna

I have not tried the keyboard output, but maybe TASCAM iXZ can use.

http://tascam.com/product/ixz/

I'm using this when using iPad 's "Voice Rack: FX" application on iPhone's Smule.

It seems that Motif ES7 have 1/4" (6.3mm) phone jack(OUTPUT L/MONO).

IXZ also has 1/4 "(6.3 mm) phone jack, so I think that it can connect and use it.

Although it is a Japanese commentary page, here is Keyboard output method that used iXZ.

https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000124387

I referred this, I could input from iPad app's sound to iPhone's Smule.

I used the iPad effecter application with this song's chorus. (You can hear "third" low voice is that)

It’s just an example.

I hope you can use it:)

news_photo05.jpg

• like 1

Rootbeer1038

these are what i use and i can put down instruments with out it interfering with the vocals or sound settings on my phone and computer requires bluestacks but works great if its a nice newer cpu with at least 3 gb of  raml  and plenty of room on your hard drive so it doesn't slow it down

3-63MFNK.jpg

_hosa_mhe-100p5_800x600.jpg

Splitter-b-font-Cable.jpg

surround-speaker-setup-control-room-hidley-console.jpg

Xlr.jpg

USB.jpg

focusrite_focusrite_sacrlett_solo_1082471.jpg

map scarlet.jpg

Rootbeer1038

if your recording on I phones than just do all the above minus the computer this will require a  independent module that powers your mic and speacial processor that supports those inputs i use simple stuff simple is better and cheaper and sounds the same plus every band uses these XLr , quarter inch , usb tether are the most common and most reliable where as  the out put of sound in that manner is a variable on your phone running perfectly bugs can crash and even damage your equipment if handled wrong